Is there any security issues with bridge? My wife knows someone that now owns a Playbook and they were hoping to replace their laptop with it at work but were told that bridge isn't secure enough or something along those lines. I'm wondering if this is the case or is someone blowing smoke up his...?

He loves the device from what I hear and would love to not have to drag his laptop with him.

James
    12-31-11 05:50 PM
    My understanding of Bridge is that it is as secure as the Blackberry phone. None of the data or info on your phone is stored on the Playbook. Basically, when using Bridge, the Playbook is an alternate monitor for your phone. If you are surfing the web using Bridge, you're using your phone's data connection, so again, it's just a bigger monitor. Not sure why they are saying it's not secure.
    pelletizer likes this.
    12-31-11 06:19 PM
    My understanding of Bridge is that it is as secure as the Blackberry phone. None of the data or info on your phone is stored on the Playbook. Basically, when using Bridge, the Playbook is an alternate monitor for your phone. If you are surfing the web using Bridge, you're using your phone's data connection, so again, it's just a bigger monitor. Not sure why they are saying it's not secure.
    Full marks!

No bridge data is stored on the PB and the bluetooth connection between BB and PB is encrypted. It's safer than a very safe thing... or at least as safe as using the phone itself.
    pelletizer likes this.
    12-31-11 07:04 PM
    yup, what they said. making it very secure indeed. they probably are windoze tech and are afraid they might have to learn something new. lol. IT, slower than the average turtle.
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    12-31-11 07:23 PM
    Not to be too cynical but.... I'm just posing the question.

Is it possible that buffers and caches somewhere in the bowels of the pb do store the bridge data even if only a temporary copy and that it does not instantly vanish when the bridge is severed? How complete and quick is the pb's housekeeping? Obviously, if I can see and read me email on the pb, it is there in bits and bytes for some interval of time. And while we may not be able to find it easily, might it still be there hidden away but findable??
    12-31-11 07:50 PM
    Nothing via bridge is stored on the PB. Well nothing that I can find at least.
    12-31-11 08:54 PM
    i will have to ask my wife to ask more questions about it. Maybe it realy has to do with another program they are using.

James
    12-31-11 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD