i have a torch 9800 when i pair it with my playbook all my apps can access internet even if im not tethering... Of course wifi is off too... i thought we needed to tether for the apps to get internet.... tethering is not a problem for me because im on the 6 gb data plan... why do we need a tethering plan if we can access the internet without needing to tether?? maybe for streaming etc ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-11 05:22 PM
    Yes, I think we call that a "Beautiful Thing". No everything works well though, but it is a glimpse of the bright future ahead, or at least possible. The other day I wasnt paying attention I bridged, and opened the regular browser. I didnt know I could do that. I read stuff recently about the last update bringing new connectivity to the bridge. Now I find myself experimenting that way with with many apps.
    09-07-11 05:31 PM
    i have a torch 9800 when i pair it with my playbook all my apps can access internet even if im not tethering... Of course wifi is off too... i thought we needed to tether for the apps to get internet.... tethering is not a problem for me because im on the 6 gb data plan... why do we need a tethering plan if we can access the internet without needing to tether?? maybe for streaming etc ?
    Short answer, ya dont. Newest bridge and OS update fixed that. There may be a slight speed difference, (hunt threads), but if thats worth the cost for you per month, you're good as is.
    09-07-11 05:51 PM
    Yes, I think we call that a "Beautiful Thing". No everything works well though, but it is a glimpse of the bright future ahead, or at least possible. The other day I wasnt paying attention I bridged, and opened the regular browser. I didnt know I could do that. I read stuff recently about the last update bringing new connectivity to the bridge. Now I find myself experimenting that way with with many apps.
    yes that's exactly what happened to me i launched the regular browser and saw the mobile version of google instead of the full web page... wifi was off and and tethering was off also... i started scratching my head and was wondering why was i still connected to internet?

09-07-11 06:02 PM
    Short answer, ya dont. Newest bridge and OS update fixed that. There may be a slight speed difference, (hunt threads), but if thats worth the cost for you per month, you're good as is.
    yeah it's nice but i rather tether and get full speed and get the best experience possible... For people without a tethering plan this is more than perfect and no one should complain about it!

09-07-11 06:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD