ok so i got the playbook its amazing...
    i just have one question , i paired it with my bb and it works , but it puts up a new tab (BLACKBERRY BRIDGE)

and when you disconnect that tab stays there with the icons grayed out. my question is , is there anyway u can remove that tab ?? lets say if i dont wanna use bridge ?
    04-19-11 03:47 PM
    bump , i need help . im nt going to use the bridge function but im stuck with that page and apps on my playbook , any information would be helpfull
    04-21-11 02:22 AM
    bump , i need help . im nt going to use the bridge function but im stuck with that page and apps on my playbook , any information would be helpfull

No, there is currently no way for you to hide the Bridge Tab, the icons will not be able to be selected when your blackberry is not connected.

Cheers,
    04-21-11 02:30 AM
    thats pretty stupid .. they should disappear when a bb is nt connected (n) hopefully upcoming os will give us the option at least ... thanks for ur reply .. and if any1 knows otherwise plz let me know
    04-21-11 02:34 AM
    If you are not going to use the Bridge function, then I suggest you buy another tablet. iPad2 or Galaxy, maybe even a Xoom?

Cheers,
    04-21-11 02:39 AM
    dats da stupedest thing ive heared... playbook is amazing even without the bridge .. its not as if YOU HAVE TO USE BRIDGE to enjoy the playbook... and btw i had the ipad 2 and i gave it to my brother . i like the playbook more minus some bugs here and there
    04-21-11 03:53 AM
    Just playing devils advocate. You seem to be concerned with BBM and Bridge. If that is your tablet focus.....then by all means do what you feel is right. It all comes back to happiness. If you are unhappy with your product exchange, or return. I really do not see a problem here.

Stupidest thing you have heard? LoL Dude, you need to get out more!!!

Cheers,
    04-21-11 03:57 AM
    hahahahaha .. lol good one
    i didnt actually mean dat.. i was just trying to prove my point
    04-21-11 04:00 AM
    u dont need bbm/bridge to enjoy this ... non of the other tablets do
    04-21-11 04:01 AM
    I don't know. For me, at the end of the day, I am a fan of RIM and have been using berries for the last ten years. I like to be on the edge of tech, and I will learn more about this tablet with all the updating and issues. I don't mind a few 'bugs' or omissions, as long as RIM keeps up their end of the bargain or makes more services available at some point in the future.

Cheers,
    04-21-11 04:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD