New to forum:

I have seen a similar problem but post seems to have died in November.

Recently my Playbook Bridge has stopped working. (connected to a 9900 Bold)

- Email - get a spinning green circle
    - Text - Message says my IT deptartment needs to grant permission
    - BBM - Says I need to accept certificate on phone- Which I have done and it works on the phone.

I can see the indicator lights that there are messages there and I hear notifications of new email - but cannot open.

I do use BES but cannot find any problem there.

I have rebooted
    I have disabled and deleted bluetooth connections on both devices
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled BB Bridge on my phone
    I have installed all new updates and have used desktop manager to apply all fixes to applications

Nothing is working - I have done everyuthing I have seen on posts except a total wipe of either the phone or the playbook

Blcberry support forum has a incident posted and some work arounds but nothing here has worked either and the techs were no help when I have called..

As per above - I have seen the exact same problem on this forum as well as others - but they die before inidcating they have found a solution

Help?
    12-06-12 11:50 AM
    Who is you BIS provider?
    12-06-12 12:00 PM
    Hi

We have an BES server set up in the office - the ISP is telus - Phone is on Rogers
    12-06-12 01:24 PM
    You said "recently it stopped" so it was working fine and then stopped? I don't know anything about BES but can't corporate stop it? So it won't open at all? Have you gone through your mail on your phone and looked to see if there might be some oddball (defective, other) mail that might be plugging things up?

Have you called Rim?

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    12-06-12 03:15 PM
    Hi F2 and thanks for the reply:

Yes it was working fine until late November - I believe just after a software update was run.

I have calle Rim but they were unfortunately not very helpful - at least the rep I talked with. I followed all of thier instructions but it did not work. I found this link which discusses the bidge mail application problem exactly - As per above I have avoided the wipe as I don't want to have to reload all of the data and apps -the workaround #2 did not work - the message came back as FORBIDDEN

KB29651-The Bridge Messages application on the BlackBerry PlayBook opens to a white screen with a spinning green circle
    12-06-12 03:27 PM
    So you followed these steps - I only get a Header BB Bridge Home but nothing happens:

"Workaround 2

Once connected to the Bridge open the Native Browser (do not use Bridge Browser) and navigate to the following address Mobile Nations or Mobile Nations. This will give access to the Bridge applications.

NOTE: Unlock Bridge first by accessing another Bridge Application before attempting the above workaround."

Forbidden sounds like BES or ????

I do remember doing that once but it is not working right now.
    12-06-12 05:27 PM
    I had a similar issue recently. This is going to sound like a really stupid question. Do you see the BB Bridge icon on the Playbook?
    12-06-12 06:54 PM
    Hi

yes the icon is in it's usual place for me left side - first tab.

I have also found this forum on this site from over a year ago - but sounds like the same issue - I will try this when I get homw

http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-f...fix-rim-608081
    12-06-12 08:48 PM
    Ok

So have done a data wipe and reloaded all software - I have followed above instructions as well - Still no luck

Any suggestions on what I can tell the BES administrator ????? That seems to be my last chance
    12-07-12 05:58 PM
    now have reinstalled an older version of OS on phone - reinstalled bridge, bluetooth pairing etc etc etc - still no luck ....................................
    12-07-12 08:13 PM
    Do the Calendar and MemoPad apps work over Bridge (Tasks (which I've never looked at))?
    12-07-12 08:58 PM
    Hi

Hi - nothing works on the bridge applications.

Update: another co-worker who is also part of the BES has a playbpook - his works fine. I added my phone to his playbook and had the same problem.
    Believe more that this is a BES issue
    12-17-12 05:16 PM
    I had a similar issue recently. This is going to sound like a really stupid question. Do you see the BB Bridge icon on the Playbook?
    Hi

yes the icon is in it's usual place for me left side - first tab.

I have also found this forum on this site from over a year ago - but sounds like the same issue - I will try this when I get homw

http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-f...fix-rim-608081
    Hi

Hi - nothing works on the bridge applications.

Update: another co-worker who is also part of the BES has a playbpook - his works fine. I added my phone to his playbook and had the same problem.
    Believe more that this is a BES issue
    have you tapped on that icon and made sure the button says "lock" showing bridge is unlocked. and have you checked your bridge settings on the BB phone to make sure all the desired functions of bridge has been checked to allow them to show on the playbook? if its a bes issue, wouldn't it affect your co worker as well? it sounds to be limited to your device.
    12-17-12 06:00 PM