I will send an email to them, but these mailboxes are for customers to contribute ideas they haven't thought of... suggesting they do something they're well aware they should do but aren't doing for other reasons are probably going to the bitbucket.
    I think any email to them that has keywords like Playbook, pb, Bridge, OS2, and similar will be consigned to the BitBucket!
    08-07-13 09:00 AM
    I, too, am one who has not upgraded to BB10 and not having bridge functionality is one of the reasons (the others being no contact groups and the fact that Verizon will kill my unlimited data plan when I upgrade). As much as I'd like to pick up a Z10 I'll keep rocking my 9850 as long as the bridge and contact groups don't get positively resolved.
    FF22 and cmdr_dan like this.
    08-07-13 03:14 PM
    Give me my Bridge back Thor!!!
    FF22 and Gearheadaddy like this.
    08-09-13 10:16 AM
    I love my playbooks. Improving the bridge functionality would be great. I would love the option to also simply have the Playbook be the slave of my Z10 and simply run the screen from my Z10. So many possibilities.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-09-13 10:56 AM
    I'm the OP...
    <[email protected]> and <[email protected]>
    What email address you use?
    Maybe some of us can email as well.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-13-13 02:12 AM
    Like it's been previously mentioned. I think the opinion of the tech people is that it's bb10 phones that need the bridge function upgraded. The playbook should be to do it.

Posted via CB10
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    08-13-13 06:04 AM
    I understand but I think the moderator moved my post to "Playbook" because of the title of the thread...my goal is to get word to the developers about providing features on our BB10 devices to work on the Playbook. Maybe I'll start a new thread with a different title...
    Like it's been previously mentioned. I think the opinion of the tech people is that it's bb10 phones that need the bridge function upgraded. The playbook should be to do it.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 12:38 PM
    z10 needs full bridge.
    FF22 and Gearheadaddy like this.
    08-13-13 01:31 PM
    In the PlayBook action thread I think that someone's been told by blackberry they have no intention of making the bridge work with bb10 hence the action community. It's not that devs aren't aware we want it they are simply not going to do it because they don't want to waste anymore resources on anything to do with the PlayBook.

A more paranoid bloke might suggest the post was moved to the PlayBook section because it would get less attention?

Posted via CB10
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    08-13-13 02:25 PM
    Need proper Z10 bridge with playbook. Thor is a money grabber only doesn't care about honor or reputation he needs a big payout nobody wil hire him after this

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 11:24 AM
    I have 4 pb's and it burns me up that something so promising is no longer that. My kids what an update! do it for the kids, they love the pb!
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    08-17-13 01:53 PM
    Having a fully featured Bridge capability on BB10 would almost certainly convince me to stick with Blackberry. No Bridge update and I'll be shopping around all platforms when it's time to replace my 9900, and Blackberry is not at the top of my list. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in my feelings on this....
    FF22, cmdr_dan and kbz1960 like this.
    08-18-13 09:22 AM
    bb should get a conscience and supply a good bridge for z10 and playbook.
    many loyal users supported rim now time for them to step up and
    acknowledge their users. Thor go find another job but don't bury bb
    because of your greed.
    FF22 and cmdr_dan like this.
    08-18-13 10:15 AM
    At this juncture you think the ceo or the board of directors care about PR? They are all counting how much they each get unloading the company. They leave all the crap to who ever buy or divvy up the company.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    08-18-13 10:29 AM
    The only thing keeping me from upgrading to a Z10 right now is the lack of Bridge support. I primarily send text messages through my old Bold 9700 using my PlayBook. I have considered upgrading to a 9790, but I really would like a Z10 (or Q10, for that matter).
    jonce2012 and cmdr_dan like this.
    08-20-13 03:33 PM
    Need proper Z10 bridge with playbook. Thor is a money grabber only doesn't care about honor or reputation he needs a big payout nobody wil hire him after this

Posted via CB10
    Honestly I don't think that is how it works in the CEO community. He has done what just about every CEO that my company ever had did too. Beleive me, he will find another job just fine I'm sure.
    08-22-13 04:03 PM
    I want a PlayBook in preference to an iPad but not much good if it can't / won't talk to my Z10 - or will it now?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 05:14 AM
    depends on what you mean by talk. you can share your internet connection to it, but you can with every major smartphone currently. Bridge will let you access your storage on your phone down the playbook at least, and you can remote control it, but beware the swipe up action is set off all the time if you try and use the phone as a remote touchpad. It drives me crazy to the point where I can't use it. I beleive you can use an android phone as a bluetooth hid mouse keyboard combo, but its 3rd party app enabled I think, and I might be misremembering from a few years back when I last had a droid.

Other than that it does no more than any other smartphone and tablet combo now - I guess you have to decide if that is worth anything to you - frankly most people would prefer to use cloud storage on their phone and tablet - bridge brings no perceivable benefit anymore in my view - not with the playbook, and certainly not with any other tablet.
    08-23-13 05:31 AM
    I used the Bridge functions all the time when I had my BlackBerry Storm 9530. I was disappointed that it lost most of it's functionality when I upgraded to the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 07:12 AM
    I was one of the holdouts, but bit the bullet and upgraded to the Z10. I wish Bridge was fully functional as before, but I really never used my playbook for email or contacts anyway. I always used my phone for that, playbook for everything else. My main concern was to be able to use the internet connection through Bridge without tethering charges. So far so good with that part. I really don't understand not making Bridge fully functional. If they were going to make Bridge available anyway, how difficult would it have been to go all the way with Bridge instead of half way? I really don't understand the thinking behind making Bridge only partly functional instead of going all the way. If they are not going to deal with the Playbook anymore, why not just give us a fully functional Bridge, then let that be the end of it?
    SEAWARRIOR and FF22 like this.
    10-08-13 08:41 AM
    I was one of the holdouts, but bit the bullet and upgraded to the Z10. I wish Bridge was fully functional as before, but I really never used my playbook for email or contacts anyway. I always used my phone for that, playbook for everything else. My main concern was to be able to use the internet connection through Bridge without tethering charges. So far so good with that part. I really don't understand not making Bridge fully functional. If they were going to make Bridge available anyway, how difficult would it have been to go all the way with Bridge instead of half way? I really don't understand the thinking behind making Bridge only partly functional instead of going all the way. If they are not going to deal with the Playbook anymore, why not just give us a fully functional Bridge, then let that be the end of it?
    Are you bridging internet for free or you pay a hot spot charge on your plan? With tmobile this is no longer possible

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 05:11 PM
    I really don't understand not making Bridge fully functional. If they were going to make Bridge available anyway, how difficult would it have been to go all the way with Bridge instead of half way? I really don't understand the thinking behind making Bridge only partly functional instead of going all the way. If they are not going to deal with the Playbook anymore, why not just give us a fully functional Bridge, then let that be the end of it?
    Your best bet at the minute is not trying to understand what Blackberry are trying to achieve, it'll just make your head hurt and frustrate you The company has done many gob smacking things of late. There are a myriad of views for the reasoning behind this. Dropping the Playbook and limiting some functions that were the USP behind Blackberry devices in the first place. I think so much importance was placed on BB10 succeeding that they forgot about the millions of devices that were already out there. I hold out hope that at some point full bridge functionality will be restored based on it's BB10 phones that need some work done on them as oppose the playbook. BBM being added to the last update means that text could also be added at some point and that it is as such a work in progress I guess.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-09-13 07:07 AM
    Great job! BlackBerry needs people like this on their team!
    Please read and take action on my thread also full of suggestions HERE.
    10-18-13 05:54 PM
    Another update is here! Texts!
    AWB70 likes this.
    11-19-13 01:27 AM
124 ... 345