Maybe I need to get on Twitter. Don't do twitter yet but you have just given me a real good reason to.
    Op thanks for the email links. I seriously miss the bridge it's a step backwards. There is currently a twitter feed asking for improvements if you haven't seen already
    #savetheplaybook There's a link on there to vote and last time I looked the bridge feature was no 1.

Posted via CB10
    AWB70 likes this.
    07-27-13 08:10 PM
    Big Al. A personal thanks from me. I bought 4 Playbooks and a Z10 to use Bridge...Maybe we can get someone to write an app or BB to get a Bridge going on the BB10 devices...We Will Succeed![QUOTE=BigAl_BB9900;8897227]emails sent!

A[/QUOTE]
    07-27-13 08:12 PM
    Not sure if everyone knows because it is relatively hidden, but the "Open on Playbook" functions are still there for pictures, audio files, and documents. You have hit share on your Z10 or Q10 and the option will be there to open on PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    07-27-13 10:49 PM
    Had an epiphany last night while drinking heavily Had my playbook and Z10 next to each other on my TV unit. They look so good together, how could Blackberry tear them apart! What a great idea went wrong, I was thinking, you know if Blackberry had carried on with it's playbook future I would probably have been a long term upgrader of both phone and tablet.
    The BB fans need to sit Thor down and say, come on son, I know things have been difficult but your so close with the product you just need to start thinking things through! Get focused Blackberry people, the company is currently letting down it's own product.

What they need is a David and Victoria Beckham advert showing David in the back of a Limo BBM'ing Posh in a meeting on her Z10 with a picture of the Kids. Couldn't fail!
    Attached Thumbnails Bridge for Playbook, check-in here-bqnwud3ceaagjdp.jpg-large.jpeg  
    FF22 and Gearheadaddy like this.
    07-28-13 08:33 AM
    Maybe I need to get on Twitter. Don't do twitter yet but you have just given me a real good reason to.
    You certainly do my man The best course of action I feel will be Twitter. This way it's very public and mentioning Blackberry people in the feed will make them aware it is going on.
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    07-28-13 08:36 AM
    Big Al. A personal thanks from me. I bought 4 Playbooks and a Z10 to use Bridge...Maybe we can get someone to write an app or BB to get a Bridge going on the BB10 devices...We Will Succeed![QUOTE=BigAl_BB9900;8897227]emails sent!

A
    [/QUOTE]

My pleasure.

Thanks to YOU for starting the thread and kick-starting some (hopefully) concerted emailing to BlackBerry

If I get (a) response(s) from BlackBerry, then I'll post the details on here

Have a great weekend!

A
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    07-28-13 08:36 AM
    Big Al...You Rock! It is from people like you that help us all to get through to the developers. Thank you for your personal effort...

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 02:01 PM
    Got q10, got z10, and 2x 64gb playbook. Would love bridge back
    FF22, svelt, Gearheadaddy and 1 others like this.
    07-28-13 11:19 PM
    I support this thread
    FF22, svelt and Gearheadaddy like this.
    07-30-13 05:56 AM
    I did see that on my Z10, however, I found on my original try in March I could only open one file at a a time. I couldn't open the picture app and scroll thru my pics like I could on my 8530 Curve. That makes for a very time-lengthy showing.
    Not sure if everyone knows because it is relatively hidden, but the "Open on Playbook" functions are still there for pictures, audio files, and documents. You have hit share on your Z10 or Q10 and the option will be there to open on PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 06:12 PM
    I'm not sure if it's clearly understood and I'm not apologizing for posting this everywhere I think it's needed... but...

Restoring "Bridge" functionality between PlayBook and BB10 doesn't really require any development effort on the PlayBook itself.

The problem is that BB10 devices don't "serve" the data in a manner suitable to the PlayBook Bridge client that already exists on the current PlayBook OS.

So, those of you who AREN'T really upset that you don't have BBOS-equivalent Bridge functionality on your BB10 devices really SHOULD be.

And my best wishes to those who, like me, love the Bridge functionality but haven't yet upgraded to BB10, and have stated that they so don't want to lose Bridge functionality that they aren't GOING to upgrade to a BB10 device... because THAT'S what will make BlackBerry sit up and pay attention: the prospect of losing BB10 upgrades because they haven't yet integrated full Bridge Server functionality into BB10.

The more holdouts the better. It's shameful that BlackBerry didn't make this clear before BB10 launch, because I wasn't due for an upgrade when I bought my BB10 device and paid full pop for it: over $700 CDN inclusive of taxes, and LOST favourite functionality in the process.

Thor, do you NOW understand why I'm so angry with BlackBerry Ltd.? Better question is "do you care"? I'm sure I know the answers: Yes, and No, respectively.
    FF22, Gearheadaddy, svelt and 2 others like this.
    08-03-13 04:35 PM
    Seems like they don't

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 05:02 PM
    Sorry pressed send by mistake. Meant to say seems like they don't at times. If blackberry can't be bothered and don't want to waste anymore resources on why don't they give whatever they have that works so far to a third party developer and let the sell it for a dollar. Origami with a bit of fine tuning has become my browser of choice over the stock playbook one, just wish there was an option to make it default. Maybe the future of the PlayBook isn't / shouldn't be in blackberry's hands. For that they can kiss my arse but it won't be the end of my PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 05:10 PM
    emails sent!

A
    It's been a week since I emailed BlackBerry - still no response - not even an automated acknowledgement

Disappointed

Alex
    08-04-13 07:09 AM
    I'm very disappointed, it feels like we are moving backwards.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-04-13 07:21 PM
    It's been a week since I emailed BlackBerry - still no response - not even an automated acknowledgement

Disappointed

Alex
    What email address you use?
    Maybe some of us can email as well.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-04-13 07:26 PM
    Uninstall bridge.
    Turn off phone.
    Remove sim card and reinstall bridge with the sim removed through wifi.
    Turn off phone and reinstall sim card.
    Never update bridge with sim install.

This version of bridge will let you use the PlayBook browser while bridge

Posted via CB10
    I also have this problem and have tried this suggestion and it did not work. I still get the t mobile hot spot message.

Posted via CB10
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    08-05-13 02:38 PM
    Does anyone has anyone run into not being able you use the native Internet browser on PlayBook with your phone. I have the z10 And I use my Internet regliously and just recently a T-Mobile message would pop up offering me to use their mobile Hot spot feature. The PlayBook and BlackBerry devices are obviously made to tether via blue tooth however I keep getting this message. My other apps that run via data do work. It just seems the Internet browser gets interrupted by the T-Mobile message. Help!

Posted via CB10
    I have the same issue. I have been using the Internet on my PlayBook via my z10 with no issues until 7/29/13. After that I keep getting the t mobile hot spot message. I have tried reloading the bridge without the SIM and still does not work. There is the possibility that t mobile now only offers 500mb for tethering even with the additional $20 unlimited internet but am not sure

Posted via CB10
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    08-05-13 02:44 PM
    Lorax, If we all email the developers, really bombard them, maybe they'll listen and do something.<[email protected]> and <[email protected]>
    I'm not sure if it's clearly understood and I'm not apologizing for posting this everywhere I think it's needed... but...

Restoring "Bridge" functionality between PlayBook and BB10 doesn't really require any development effort on the PlayBook itself.

The problem is that BB10 devices don't "serve" the data in a manner suitable to the PlayBook Bridge client that already exists on the current PlayBook OS.

So, those of you who AREN'T really upset that you don't have BBOS-equivalent Bridge functionality on your BB10 devices really SHOULD be.

And my best wishes to those who, like me, love the Bridge functionality but haven't yet upgraded to BB10, and have stated that they so don't want to lose Bridge functionality that they aren't GOING to upgrade to a BB10 device... because THAT'S what will make BlackBerry sit up and pay attention: the prospect of losing BB10 upgrades because they haven't yet integrated full Bridge Server functionality into BB10.

The more holdouts the better. It's shameful that BlackBerry didn't make this clear before BB10 launch, because I wasn't due for an upgrade when I bought my BB10 device and paid full pop for it: over $700 CDN inclusive of taxes, and LOST favourite functionality in the process.

Thor, do you NOW understand why I'm so angry with BlackBerry Ltd.? Better question is "do you care"? I'm sure I know the answers: Yes, and No, respectively.
    08-05-13 08:00 PM
    Call T-mo.
    I have the same issue. I have been using the Internet on my PlayBook via my z10 with no issues until 7/29/13. After that I keep getting the t mobile hot spot message. I have tried reloading the bridge without the SIM and still does not work. There is the possibility that t mobile now only offers 500mb for tethering even with the additional $20 unlimited internet but am not sure

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 08:01 PM
    <[email protected]> and <[email protected]> We don't expect a response but BB has put a few of our requests into 10.2!...I'm running 10.2.0.1047 and loving it...
    What email address you use?
    Maybe some of us can email as well.
    08-05-13 08:03 PM
    Email sent. I let them go for not bringing BB10 to the PlayBook but not letting hem off the hook for the lost bridge functionality. It's MUCH easier to accomplished there should be no reason for it not to be possible.
    AWB70 likes this.
    08-06-13 08:51 AM
    The email addresses are for requests for them to develop, not for them to reply to us. Please do not be disappointed if you don't get a personal response from them. That was not what I posted those email addresses for. We don't really want them spending their time with email answers but rather with development. Cheer up, some of our requests were answered in new lock screen notifications and other features in 10.2.0.1047.

Disappointed

Alex
    08-07-13 02:42 AM
    + graham's number on this thread!

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 03:43 AM
    Lorax, If we all email the developers, really bombard them, maybe they'll listen and do something.<[email protected]> and <[email protected]>
    I will send an email to them, but these mailboxes are for customers to contribute ideas they haven't thought of... suggesting they do something they're well aware they should do but aren't doing for other reasons are probably going to the bitbucket.
    buntaluffigus2 likes this.
    08-07-13 08:24 AM
124 ... 2345