Would love to see a Bridge update for BB10. The fact that they are not updating the PlayBook shouldn't mean they aren't updating Bridge - - - - BB Bridge is a BlackBerry 10 app and should still be updated to add functionality IMO.
    FF22, cmdr_dan and Gearheadaddy like this.
    07-23-13 08:22 AM
    Does anyone has anyone run into not being able you use the native Internet browser on PlayBook with your phone. I have the z10 And I use my Internet regliously and just recently a T-Mobile message would pop up offering me to use their mobile Hot spot feature. The PlayBook and BlackBerry devices are obviously made to tether via blue tooth however I keep getting this message. My other apps that run via data do work. It just seems the Internet browser gets interrupted by the T-Mobile message. Help!

Posted via CB10
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    07-23-13 12:26 PM
    Checking in. The problem's enough to hold me back from picking up a Q10 sooner than later.
    07-23-13 01:32 PM
    If not a full bridge. At least bbm and sms. Please.
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    07-23-13 02:31 PM
    I asked Kevin directly about this a few days ago. No news to his knowledge. I am the proud owner of 8 X 64 gb PlayBooks. I love the device still even with no BB10 coming.

All I request is BlackBerry fix the bridge issue so I can control one of my PB's properly as an MP3 player from my hifi from by back patio with my Zed 10.

Posted via CB10
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    07-23-13 05:10 PM
    Wishful thinking if you ask me. They know how many PlayBook users they have, and they have to know that we're not happy with the current state of things. I don't see how reminding them will change anything. But, here goes -- my PlayBook usability took a serious nosedive when I upgraded from a 9900 to a Z10. Seems like they could generate a lot of good will without a whole lot of effort by just addressing this one glaring, gaping hole of missing functionality.
    FF22 and Gearheadaddy like this.
    07-24-13 07:24 AM
    Support the Bridge!! Even with the disappointment of BB10 not coming to the Playbook doesn't mean all the Playbook owners are going to get rid of toss there's. We're still here and want full support.
    07-24-13 08:10 AM
    Does anyone has anyone run into not being able you use the native Internet browser on PlayBook with your phone. I have the z10 And I use my Internet regliously and just recently a T-Mobile message would pop up offering me to use their mobile Hot spot feature. The PlayBook and BlackBerry devices are obviously made to tether via blue tooth however I keep getting this message. My other apps that run via data do work. It just seems the Internet browser gets interrupted by the T-Mobile message. Help!

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried using another Browser. The new Origami Browser is free and you can change user agents.

What bbphone do you have?

You can try using the version folks with AT&T use which bypasses a similar issue. Delete the existing version on your phone, find the version that matches your OS version at:

rroyy.com
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    07-24-13 09:02 AM
    No Bridge, no BB10 phone. It's as simple as that.
    07-24-13 11:40 AM
    It's a shame that the only thing you see when using the bridge app with a BB10 device is a readme file. Bring back the former bridge functionality! This is a showstopper for lots of legacy device owners for an upgrade to a BB10 device. Just read the comments to the Bridge app in AppWorld, bad press for BB10...
    Revampd, FF22 and Gearheadaddy like this.
    07-25-13 03:15 AM
    I'm in. WiFi Playbook 64, which was great to have bridged to my Torch. I made use of BBM and emails through it all day long, every day. 'Still upgraded to the Z10 even though I knew that I was losing almost all of the functionality. There was a basic assumption that it would be replaced either officially or by way of third party work-arounds at some point.

While it's nice to expand into my Z10's memory card, and have internet access when WiFi is not available, my Z10 at this point could easily be replaced by my Nook or even a Kindle -- especially since every other mobile device in my life has access to Netflix.

Hahah! I'm actually now reminded of this old, agitated response by QuIcKsIlV3r way back when I was first asking about how BB10 bridges would work with PB2.1 Apparently he was a bit hasty on that one.
    Last edited by Cale M; 07-25-13 at 06:54 AM.
    07-25-13 06:42 AM
    No Bridge, no BB10 phone. It's as simple as that.
    Same position for me - and my phones up for renewal too so it's quite the quandry!
    07-25-13 07:26 AM
    Interesting that the bridge apps in the bb10 leak builds are still getting updated, must be some chance of getting an updated bridge app.

Posted via CB10
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    07-25-13 02:32 PM
    Interesting that the bridge apps in the bb10 leak builds are still getting updated, must be some chance of getting an updated bridge app.

Posted via CB10
    DO NOT COUNT ON IT. It could be anything else that they've tweaked including merely changing the version number. It does not mean that they are restoring the FULL Bridge.
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    07-25-13 04:00 PM
    Checking in. The problem's enough to hold me back from picking up a Q10 sooner than later.
    ^^^^This.
    I won't get a Q10 until it's like it works on my Style.
    If it doesn't - buh bye BB's.
    FF22, Gearheadaddy and lorax1284 like this.
    07-25-13 04:04 PM
    Good eye buddy...

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 03:13 AM
    Thanks for the post. I did not realize it was a problem.

I have two Playbooks (32 and 64) that I bridge with my 9810. Love it but my phone is getting old so was about to buy a Q10. I will now wait.

I sure hope they improve it for BB10. I want to upgrade!
    Same here. I am ready for an upgrade from my 9900, but will wait to see if bridge improves.
    FF22 and lorax1284 like this.
    07-26-13 03:00 PM
    Looks like BB is working on some Bridge stuff. I'll try to find out more info for us.
    Same here. I am ready for an upgrade from my 9900, but will wait to see if bridge improves.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-26-13 03:16 PM
    My biggest disappointment when I got my Z10 was that Bridge no longer worked as it did with my old Bold 9700.

Blackberry has lost a lot of goodwill with its most hardcore fans. At least bringing Bridge back would help them regain some of that!
    07-26-13 03:19 PM
    If I remember correctly, there used to be an app in BlackBerry World called Bridge Alternative. The app was written to connect to the playbook because RIM had screwed up an OTA update that disabled the bridge.

Is it not possible for a dev to write a similar program to connect BB10 phones to the playbook? ...or for that matter, any phone.

I'm not a programmer, so I don't know if it's possible or not. Seems to me it would make a lot of money right now if it could be written.

Posted via CB10
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    07-26-13 05:54 PM
    Op thanks for the email links. I seriously miss the bridge it's a step backwards. There is currently a twitter feed asking for improvements if you haven't seen already
    #savetheplaybook There's a link on there to vote and last time I looked the bridge feature was no 1.

Posted via CB10
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    07-26-13 07:45 PM
    Yes. At least give us back what we had before we "upgraded".

Posted from my Z10 via C10
    07-26-13 08:03 PM
    It would be nice to have bridge function with the Z10 & PB. Plz don't leave us like this. Or just give me a whole new PB.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 05:32 AM
    emails sent!

A
    07-27-13 07:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    Uninstall bridge.
    Turn off phone.
    Remove sim card and reinstall bridge with the sim removed through wifi.
    Turn off phone and reinstall sim card.
    Never update bridge with sim install.

This version of bridge will let you use the PlayBook browser while bridge

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 07:33 AM
124 12345