I cannot believe that BB has done this to us again.

If they don't get their finger out and get this bridge working and fully functioning properly they can have our 9 phones ans 4 PB's back for a full refund and were off to a reputable company who value and respect their customers loyality! Not take advantage and abuse it like BB are doing!!

REMEMBER BB WITHOUT CUSTOMERS YOU WOULD ALL BE OUT OF WORK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If ever there was a case proving that brandy is good for you, this is it.

Step 1. Get yourself an iPhone or Android phone.
    Step 2. Pour yourself a large glass of brandy and take several sips.
    Step 3. Try and fail miserably to get either handset to respond to your screen swipe gestures like you use on your pb or Z10.
    Step 4. Pour another glass of brandy.
    Step 5. Feel confused and think that either your fingers have stopped working or the phones are faulty.
    Step 6. Skip the brandy at this stage.
    Step 7. Return to using your pb or Z10 and discover your fingers still work.
    Step 8. Now have another brandy to celebrate the return of functionality in your fingers.
    Step 9. Sell both iPhone and Android phones on ebay.

There are a few concluding steps but I will leave you to work out what they are.

Psssst here's a clue, it involves copious amounts of brandy and if your really lucky several really good pasties.
    HelliS22 and hreiner1 like this.
    03-02-13 11:57 AM
    I can't believe that RIM would release the Z10, supposedly the salvation of the company, and take all the functionality out of Bridge. After patiently waiting for the Z10, I'm off to buy a Droid. RIM really sucks. REALLY sucks.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-06-13 05:15 PM
    I can't believe that RIM would release the Z10, supposedly the salvation of the company, and take all the functionality out of Bridge. After patiently waiting for the Z10, I'm off to buy a Droid. RIM really sucks. REALLY sucks.
    That should solve your needs for a Bridge solution...
    04-06-13 07:32 PM
    It will come...I HOPE
    04-06-13 08:01 PM
    I wonder if the people at RIM are really so stupid and/or lazy to launch the Z10 with a Bridge that omits key functionality (although I suppose that's plausible for a company that gave away the market it created). Could wireless carriers have forced RIM to water down the Bridge? However if that were the case, why would they allow a bridge browser?
    HelliS22 likes this.
    04-06-13 10:03 PM
    I wonder if the people at RIM are really so stupid and/or lazy to launch the Z10 with a Bridge that omits key functionality (although I suppose that's plausible for a company that gave away the market it created). Could wireless carriers have forced RIM to water down the Bridge? However if that were the case, why would they allow a bridge browser?
    All one can do is speculate on the crippled bridge features attached to their newest phones. A semi-apologetic, vague blog cast no more detail other than to say - "new and improved!"
    04-07-13 01:07 AM
    I hope it just wasn't ready and that it will come in BB10.1
    04-07-13 08:12 AM
    I hope it just wasn't ready and that it will come in BB10.1
    Have you ever known RIM release anything that's ready?
    berry124, vpblaze and HelliS22 like this.
    04-07-13 08:15 AM
    The blog post by Audrey F rubbed salt in the wound. At least RIM could acknowledge the issue and commit to fixing it.
    FF22 and Uncle Remus like this.
    04-07-13 05:03 PM
    I will stay with my BB 9780 for a long time, the reason I bought my PB 64gb was the bridge function
    BB may bring out a better bridge version later in the year, but by then my PB will be 2 years old, antique for a tablet in that configuration
    I doubt that we will ever see OS10 on the PB

I will stick with a BB7.0 phone and bridge like i do now until my BB breaks and I have to update. one can buy a new BB 9315 unlocked for $199
    much cheaper to us a 7.0 phone and use BIS, not using a Z10 and use data for emailing
    specially internet
    FF22 likes this.
    04-07-13 07:16 PM
    Oh you as well. I got one last week and trust me you will wonder why you didn't do it before.

The major drawback with all of then is that they can't negotiate steps. If you live in a single floor house or bungalow then it won't be a problem but for me it has meant that I am now having to build a ramp down into my cellar alongside the existing steps. Other than that they are perfect around the house. If you can stretch your finances enough go for the self learning DROID as I did. When I first got him he was untrained but the more you use them the quicker they learn things. In four short days he has learned my name and how to make toast. Not a big thing I know but remember he's only a child at first. Now he whizzes around the house permenantly shouting "your toasts ready ******". I'm sure I will be able to teach him other things as well but at the moment I'm trying to find a way of getting him out of the kitchen and away from the toaster. Oh and the last piece of advice and for all those vegetarians out there listening, I apologise in advance, but get the male version and not the female version!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    04-08-13 07:05 AM
    dont be cheap, have a real Cognac or Armagnac
    sad_old_man and HelliS22 like this.
    04-08-13 04:02 PM
    If ever there was a case proving that brandy is good for you, this is it.

Step 1. Get yourself an iPhone or Android phone.
    Step 2. Pour yourself a large glass of brandy and take several sips.
    Step 3. Try and fail miserably to get either handset to respond to your screen swipe gestures like you use on your pb or Z10.
    Step 4. Pour another glass of brandy.
    Step 5. Feel confused and think that either your fingers have stopped working or the phones are faulty.
    Step 6. Skip the brandy at this stage.
    Step 7. Return to using your pb or Z10 and discover your fingers still work.
    Step 8. Now have another brandy to celebrate the return of functionality in your fingers.
    Step 9. Sell both iPhone and Android phones on ebay.

There are a few concluding steps but I will leave you to work out what they are.

Psssst here's a clue, it involves copious amounts of brandy and if your really lucky several really good pasties.
    HelliS22 likes this.
    04-08-13 04:03 PM
    In fact if your anywhere else in the world other than fra........ Can't even bring myself to say that word and I still want my audio boost button back, but anyway I always drink what the locals drink. Brandy (common name) is made all over the world and some brandies consumed by the locals are superb. In Greece get your hands on a bottle that has no stars on. WOW!!!!!! Same with Romania, Poland and if you know who to talk to they even make brandy in China!
    HelliS22 likes this.
    04-09-13 06:41 AM
    Any change in this at all since release?
    I've been waiting and want a Q10 but I'd be upset to lose the functionality.
    FF22 and HelliS22 like this.
    04-10-13 11:30 AM
    Any change in this at all since release?
    I've been waiting and want a Q10 but I'd be upset to lose the functionality.
    No
    HelliS22 likes this.
    04-10-13 11:37 AM
    No
    I have a Z10 now. You were right about missing features. You didn't expect me to say that, I bet... You're still a sad, old, full of brandy troll though.
    sad_old_man and HelliS22 like this.
    04-10-13 03:29 PM
    I have a Z10 now. You were right about missing features. You didn't expect me to say that, I bet... You're still a sad, old, full of brandy troll though.
    Oh the pain of it!!!!!!! Oh the shame of it!!!!!!!!!!!! As if I would tell untruths about something as critical and fundamental in life as my beloved bridge???????????

I will now slowly slink off in shame to my cellar where I shall lock the door behind me and remember a bygone time when I was once believed. I will be gone a while.......
    (soft shuffling sound.......followed by door closing in the distance..........followed by key turning into lock and a muffled screaming sound)
    diegonei and HelliS22 like this.
    04-10-13 03:43 PM
    Oh the pain of it!!!!!!! Oh the shame of it!!!!!!!!!!!! As if I would tell untruths about something as critical and fundamental in life as my beloved bridge???????????

I will now slowly slink off in shame to my cellar where I shall lock the door behind me and remember a bygone time when I was once believed. I will be gone a while.......
    (soft shuffling sound.......followed by door closing in the distance..........followed by key turning into lock and a muffled screaming sound)
    Funny, but still a troll.
    HelliS22 and sad_old_man like this.
    04-10-13 06:58 PM
    Whoooaaaa up there geronimo!!!! I'm out of the cellar and I can hear you! I think? Anyway I am categorically, definately, astronomically not one of those troll thingys! Because

1. I cant spell Troll
    2. I drink brandy
    3. I eat pasties
    4. I don't live under a bridge
    5. I certainly do not under any circumstances want to eat Billy goats!!!!!! (even though I do like veal)

I refer you to the other post of mine regarding shuffling noises etc while I return to my cellar.
    HelliS22 likes this.
    04-11-13 07:22 AM
    Whoooaaaa up there geronimo!!!! I'm out of the cellar and I can hear you! I think? Anyway I am categorically, definately, astronomically not one of those troll thingys! Because

1. I cant spell Troll
    2. I drink brandy
    3. I eat pasties
    4. I don't live under a bridge
    5. I certainly do not under any circumstances want to eat Billy goats!!!!!! (even though I do like veal)

I refer you to the other post of mine regarding shuffling noises etc while I return to my cellar.
    You are one of these trolls, I just don't know which one?
    Attached Thumbnails Bridge from playbook to BB10-norwegian_troll_doll.jpg   Bridge from playbook to BB10-einstein_cartoon.jpg  
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-14-13 08:40 AM
    Hey now, Einstein wasn't a troll, I doubt he could spell troll.

Oh, oh;

1. I cant spell Troll
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-14-13 09:27 AM
    Hey now, Einstein wasn't a troll, I doubt he could spell troll.

Oh, oh;
    Oh not the intelligent Cocker spaniel that thinks it's a labrador?

ps this is not in keeping with the thread ethics thingy so you are sentenced to bite three postman before Tuesday afternoon or forfeit your dog biscuits!
    04-14-13 09:38 AM
    They wrote Bridge to allow two different OSes to communicate with each other, then one of the OSes changed. Now it is allowing communication between two other OSes. Eventually, it will work within a single OS. I'd rather see them working on getting BB10 to the PlayBook and focus on the BB10 Bridge instead of wasting time updating an interim Bridge that is going to be irrelevant soon
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-14-13 02:03 PM
    Not really that funny even, IMO. Spends more time promoting his drunken caricature than discussing actual topics = troll
    04-14-13 02:06 PM
282 ... 9101112