Sorry but I have to disagree. I have work email on my work phone but I don't want them on my PlayBook, however on the train I like to use the PlayBook to browse the Web and look at and respond to my work email. Bridge used to let me do that.

Removing this functionality fundamentally changes the purpose of having a playbook and removes any reason for a bb10 user to have a playbook vs any cheap tablet out there...
    This is exactly what I meant by Blackberry NOT wanting the Playbook to insult it's new phone ( BB10 )...
    ....And vise-versa.

It stands to reason that if RIM was going to do anything about this - they already would have....
    ...Certainly by the time the BB10 launched in their own backyard.
    ...We can only hope RIM has better plans in the works for the tablet they hyped.

Still, I bought two new Playbooks at hella cheap prices and for what I paid for them I'm very happy...
    ...For everyone else who bought at full price - ouch!
    02-18-13 08:51 PM
    It sounds like features will be added to Bridge in the near future. I'm guessing that working with the Hub is much different than connecting to the BBOS inbox. Quite possibly the Bridge link will bring over the entire Hub? That would be an interesting thing to see.
    02-19-13 07:20 AM
    Don't be distraught my friend.

Your posts have always been an entertaining and enjoyable read, and I look forward to reading the next instalment.

P.S. Don't drink and swim... or we might both miss out on your future postings!
    Have no fear JeepBB. During my transition period from being a small child to becoming a fully grown child I noticed that fish had been invented to do the swimming. I have therefore always followed the basic rules of nature.

1. Fish swim, humans have boats.
    2. Horses run, humans have cars.
    3. Birds fly, humans have aircraft.

you know it makes sense, well to me it does.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-19-13 08:33 AM
    There are literally thousands of playbook users that have been waiting for the BB10 to provide the same level of BRIDGE connectivity as Blackberry's older phones. If bridging does not provide the same (or better) functionality many of us (including myself) witll reluctantly switch brands. I like the Blackberry phone but the lack of adequate bridging will be the straw that breaks Blackberry's back. For every day there is a delay more and more deticated BB users are making the choice to lock into multi-year contracts with alternate product. I hope there is a soultion to this delima before I am forced to switch.
    02-19-13 10:03 AM
    There are literally thousands of playbook users that have been waiting for the BB10 to provide the same level of BRIDGE connectivity as Blackberry's older phones. If bridging does not provide the same (or better) functionality many of us (including myself) witll reluctantly switch brands. I like the Blackberry phone but the lack of adequate bridging will be the straw that breaks Blackberry's back. For every day there is a delay more and more deticated BB users are making the choice to lock into multi-year contracts with alternate product. I hope there is a soultion to this delima before I am forced to switch.
    I agree. the loyalty of blackberry users is amazing on general, but I feel very strongly that blackberry should of been honest and up front with the new bridge. its like a salesman that sells the same person a new car every year, but when the new model comes out with no ac/heater the salesman says nothing about it to get another sale.

then the funny thing is the salesman is shocked when you are mad and confront him about hiding the change. "but did I tell you about the new features?"
    Uncle Remus and sad_old_man like this.
    02-19-13 10:24 AM
    I agree. the loyalty of blackberry users is amazing on general, but I feel very strongly that blackberry should of been honest and up front with the new bridge. its like a salesman that sells the same person a new car every year, but when the new model comes out with no ac/heater the salesman says nothing about it to get another sale.

then the funny thing is the salesman is shocked when you are mad and confront him about hiding the change. "but did I tell you about the new features?"
    Actually, it's worse than you state.

Not only were they silent on the changes until after folk here on CB called them out on it. Then they belated updated the list of Bridge features on the BB website, and instead of an "Oh, sorry, we should have mentioned that" apology, they have the sheer gall to present the wholesale removal of most of what made Bridge great as evidence of "super exciting" progress!

To take your analogy further, not only have they sneakily removed Air-Con from the new model but, once that ruse was discovered, are trying to present the "super-exciting" feature of the wind-down side-windows as "super-exciting" progress that we should embrace and be grateful for!

There is a part of me that is almost admiring of their sheer brass-neck.
    sad_old_man, nappp and FF22 like this.
    02-19-13 11:33 AM
    It sounds like features will be added to Bridge in the near future.
    I reckon you and I must have read different blogs. There is nothing in the "super exciting" blog that would lead me to that conclusion.

I'm guessing that working with the Hub is much different than connecting to the BBOS inbox.
    I'm sure it's very difficult to get Bridge and the BB10 hub to talk - else they'd have made it work. But if they'd have fess'ed up and told us up-front that Bridge wouldn't work with BB10, and added that they aimed to fix that "soon", I'm sure many here would have been more forgiving. However, to try and present the sudden and wholesale removal of Bridge features as progress, is simply a con.
    nappp, FF22 and Chaddface like this.
    02-19-13 11:44 AM
    Actually, it's worse than you state.

Not only were they silent on the changes until after folk here on CB called them out on it. Then they belated updated the list of Bridge features on the BB website, and instead of an "Oh, sorry, we should have mentioned that" apology, they have the sheer gall to present the wholesale removal of most of what made Bridge great as evidence of "super exciting" progress!

To take your analogy further, not only have they sneakily removed Air-Con from the new model but, once that ruse was discovered, are trying to present the "super-exciting" feature of the wind-down side-windows as "super-exciting" progress that we should embrace and be grateful for!

There is a part of me that is almost admiring of their sheer brass-neck.
    I agree that RIM/BB are going through bad times (understatement).

The thing that really amazes me and yes sadly intrigues me, is that I cannot work out which part of the bb10 release, supposed to be the companies saviour, included a project to alienate every loyal customer it has. Was the idea to take a mobile phone and enhance it to the point where most of the satisfied customers on the handset forums are having major problems with the companies flagship, the Z10. Then we take a reasonably happy group of customers on this forum who are looking forward to the pb bb10 update, into a group of despondent individuals who:

A: Do not know when the pb will get bb10
    B: Do not know if the pb will get bb10
    C: Already know that bb10 don't bridge the same as what they enjoy now
    D: Are starting to lose interest as to what actually does happen.

If this described a company already in receivership it would be understandable. But as we all know and love, it's just the way RIM operate.

I think they are closely related to the ostrich, but unfortunately they are in Canada! I suppose you could say bury your head in the snow instead!
    02-19-13 12:10 PM
    TWO EXCELLENT posts there, Jeep!

Can a German running a Canadian company have Chutzpah!!!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-19-13 12:16 PM
    TWO EXCELLENT posts there, Jeep!

Can a German running a Canadian company have Chutzpah!!!
    Chutzpah ? Please remember I'm British! (and thick)
    02-19-13 01:22 PM
    You do have Google and Wikipedia in Britain.
    Chutzpah

Buying a different brand of phone does nothing to alleviate the lack of Bridge features. You'll go from a few to none.
    I guess it does make a statement though, albeit a small one.
    02-19-13 02:02 PM
    Chutzpah

Buying a different brand of phone does nothing to alleviate the lack of Bridge features. You'll go from a few to none.
    Ok its you again Angus_CB. If your not confusing me with big long words you decide to confuse me with unknown pb apps. Alright I will take the bait and let you make me look stupid again.

Could you please tell me where I find the 'Google' and 'Wikipedia in Britain' icons on the pb. I've looked everywhere.
    02-19-13 02:25 PM
    Chutzpah

Meant, since I'm from The Bronx, as Wiki, noted: "However in more traditional usage, chutzpah is invariably negative."
    02-19-13 03:02 PM
    Meant, since I'm from The Bronx, as Wiki, noted: "However in more traditional usage, chutzpah is invariably negative."
    I know, and Hebrew.

I like the bronx.
    02-19-13 04:05 PM
    I know, and Hebrew.

I like the bronx.
    Then, you do need your head examined! (the comma after the "then" provides some of the missing intonation)
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-19-13 04:39 PM
    Then, you do need your head examined! (the comma after the "then" provides some of the missing intonation)
    Must be something about this forum that makes everyone use big long words that confuse me. I spend more time deciphering the big words in my dictionary Than I do drinking brandy these days. Please refrain from the use of difficult words like 'then' and 'comma'.

I still like the bronx.
    02-19-13 04:50 PM
    Could you please tell me where I find the 'Google' and 'Wikipedia in Britain' icons on the pb. I've looked everywhere.
    They are cleverly hidden within the app called Browser. Wikipedia may not be specific to Britain.

What does deciphering mean? I don't have a Dictionary icon on my Playbook. Yes, I know, dictionary is also a big word.

You're driving me to drink..., thank you.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-20-13 05:13 PM
    They are cleverly hidden within the app called Browser. Wikipedia may not be specific to Britain.

What does deciphering mean? I don't have a Dictionary icon on my Playbook. Yes, I know, dictionary is also a big word.

You're driving me to drink..., thank you.

I think the word 'deciphering' has something to do with getting petrol out of a car using a can and a long tube!

One rule I definitely adhere to is that I never drink and drive. One of the reasons is that if I try to drive at any speed I spill most of it. The second reason is that whenever I have to stop at those damn red lights I get pestered to death by people wanting to share my treasured brandy!
    djenkins6 and JeepBB like this.
    02-21-13 06:43 AM
    I just want official word that they are working on it. When bridge was first announced it seemed like a crutch, and it kind of was. But if you looked for yourself it truly was a reason to get both devices. Bridge changes how I do everything on the go and at home. I want the experience to be on par if/when I go BB10
    02-26-13 09:02 PM
    I agree. I love bridge and use it daily. more information as to what the plan is for bridge would be welcome
    02-26-13 09:38 PM
    Sadly I haven't used my PlayBook since getting my Z10 and realizing it is now useless for my needs as bridge was may daily driver. I am now "cough" considering a Sony tablet or Asus. I am however hoping the Bridge comes back with an update for PlayBook and then I can get along just fine or dare I say even update to the 4g lte version.
    02-26-13 09:45 PM
    I'd be fine getting playbook hardware 2.0 if they get this right after deciding Q10/Z10 of course. Features will be added "later this year" concerns me more than comforts. Playbook owner since launch day BTW.
    02-26-13 10:08 PM
    As in all things Rim, now BBRY, I don't expect to see any announcements stating what will be in an "enhanced" bridge nor hints with more detail than "Wait and see!" To expect an announcement of when would also be unhreard of. And I truly believe it is permanently ruined but that's just my personal belief.

I wonder if anyone has any references to what they originally said would be in the Bridge when it was first announced and offered.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-26-13 11:03 PM
    As in all things Rim, now BBRY, I don't expect to see any announcements stating what will be in an "enhanced" bridge nor hints with more detail than "Wait and see!" To expect an announcement of when would also be unhreard of. And I truly believe it is permanently ruined but that's just my personal belief.

I wonder if anyone has any references to what they originally said would be in the Bridge when it was first announced and offered.
    And there you are with a Wiki whatever it is icon on your pb and don't know that! My god man

A bridge is a thingy that connects one thingy to another thingy. You have enough of the in the Bronx! Or somewhere else in the US but I know you've got lots of them. Did the mayor tell the residents of Sanfransisco that he was going to give them a bridge?

Ok forget that, did anyone tell anyone why they invented the bridge? No they just left you as a driver to work out what it was for and what to do with it. I hate Z10s and been away from my pb for too long.
    02-27-13 11:04 AM
    I cannot believe that BB has done this to us again.

If they don't get their finger out and get this bridge working and fully functioning properly they can have our 9 phones ans 4 PB's back for a full refund and were off to a reputable company who value and respect their customers loyality! Not take advantage and abuse it like BB are doing!!

REMEMBER BB WITHOUT CUSTOMERS YOU WOULD ALL BE OUT OF WORK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-01-13 11:21 AM
282 ... 89101112