Crown Royal Black for this bridge fan.

My 9650 died a watery death on Xmas eve and I'm now using my wife's old OS4 Curve so no bridging for me. The better half got a 9930 and it really is a nice phone. Maybe forgo BB10 for now and get a 9930? What's a guy to do?

BTW, using my PlayBook as a stand alone device is just fine but bridging is pure awesomeness.
    My thoughts are with you fellow traveller!

I also nearly had a watery death on Christmas eve. Well not quite watery, well there was no water involved but brandy is classed South a liquid so it's the same thing. Anyway just at the point where I saw my life flash before me and trust me that's a lot longer than a moment, the bottle was empty. Was that a lucky break or what.

P's, for future reference stay away from water! My goodness how can any sensible person drink something that fish make love in? Are they mad?
    02-05-13 02:05 PM
    Crown Royal Black for this bridge fan.

My 9650 died a watery death on Xmas eve and I'm now using my wife's old OS4 Curve so no bridging for me. The better half got a 9930 and it really is a nice phone. Maybe forgo BB10 for now and get a 9930? What's a guy to do?

BTW, using my PlayBook as a stand alone device is just fine but bridging is pure awesomeness.
    On a side note, the Crown Royal bag makes a great old skool carrying case for the PlayBook.
    02-05-13 02:14 PM
    On a side note, the Crown Royal bag makes a great old skool carrying case for the PlayBook.
    So does my Polo messenger bag. It also has room for my hip flask!
    02-05-13 02:23 PM
    Sounds like they are going to have to work on this. Remember its two different operating systems now that the playbook will have to interface with. I dont actually expect the playbook to have the same exact features, especially since when the playbook goes to blackberry 10 some will be irrelevant. You wont need tasks, memos, and BBM bridge, and BB10 has all of that baked in. You wont need the bridge email either as that is a feature for the legacy phones. The Bridge for BB10 should focus more on getting the text messages back as that is a needed and much loved feature. The HUB is not necessary as it will be covered when the PB updates. So the way I see it as long as they get the texting back we should be good. Reason being is once the PB goes to BB10 the rest will be moot.
    02-05-13 11:26 PM
    Inside BlackBerry just posted on their blg Introducing BlackBerry Bridge v3.0 for BlackBerry 10 �Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog

"Following the launch of BlackBerry 10 last week, many of you have been asking about BlackBerry Bridge. I thought this would be a good opportunity to sharpen my pencil and write this post to introduce you to the new version of the app – BlackBerry Bridge v3.0 – created especially for the BlackBerry 10 platform.

To just call the past year exciting would be an understatement. There are no words to describe what it is like to create a new mobile computing platform from the ground up; to watch everyone rally together; and to see a completely new and fresh experience take shape right before your eyes. One of the most rewarding elements of this process is the ability to do things differently and add new capabilities that were previously add-ons directly into the platform! As the product manager for BlackBerry Bridge, I’m super excited because this means we can create a whole new experience between BlackBerry 10 devices.

When we set out to create the BlackBerry Bridge experience for BlackBerry 10, we focused on the following features:

Sharing the smartphone’s Internet and intranet (the latter for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10-activated BlackBerry 10 smartphones) connection with BlackBerry PlayBook
    Using the BlackBerry 10 smartphone to Remote Control the BlackBerry PlayBook (if you haven’t yet, try it with your tablet connected to a TV via HDMI!)

“Open on” for bookmarks and files through the new Share framework on BlackBerry 10

Access to all the BlackBerry smartphone’s files through the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet’s File Manager application

You will notice this is different from the BlackBerry OS version, which also has special BlackBerry Bridge applications for Messages, Address Book and Calendar, to name a few. To email from accounts for which you previously used BlackBerry Bridge, simply add the accounts on your BlackBerry PlayBook. This includes any work accounts, as now both BlackBerry 10, and the BlackBerry PlayBook OS use the same BlackBerry Enterprise and Device Service infrastructure. Ty did a great job at describing how to do that in his Five Tip Friday – BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 Messages, Calendar and Contacts blog post. We are also planning to bring BBM and other applications as part of a future update later this year.

Our work is not done, and we will keep pushing the boundaries of what’s possible between BlackBerry 10 devices, and beyond. I can’t wait to share with you more updates on how BlackBerry Bridge will continue to evolve in the future!"
    p1800nut likes this.
    02-06-13 11:26 AM
    Inside BlackBerry just posted on their blg Introducing BlackBerry Bridge v3.0 for BlackBerry 10 �Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog

"Following the launch of BlackBerry 10 last week, many of you have been asking about BlackBerry Bridge. I thought this would be a good opportunity to sharpen my pencil and write this post to introduce you to the new version of the app – BlackBerry Bridge v3.0 – created especially for the BlackBerry 10 platform.

To just call the past year exciting would be an understatement. There are no words to describe what it is like to create a new mobile computing platform from the ground up; to watch everyone rally together; and to see a completely new and fresh experience take shape right before your eyes. One of the most rewarding elements of this process is the ability to do things differently and add new capabilities that were previously add-ons directly into the platform! As the product manager for BlackBerry Bridge, I’m super excited because this means we can create a whole new experience between BlackBerry 10 devices.

When we set out to create the BlackBerry Bridge experience for BlackBerry 10, we focused on the following features:

Sharing the smartphone’s Internet and intranet (the latter for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10-activated BlackBerry 10 smartphones) connection with BlackBerry PlayBook
    Using the BlackBerry 10 smartphone to Remote Control the BlackBerry PlayBook (if you haven’t yet, try it with your tablet connected to a TV via HDMI!)

“Open on” for bookmarks and files through the new Share framework on BlackBerry 10

Access to all the BlackBerry smartphone’s files through the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet’s File Manager application

You will notice this is different from the BlackBerry OS version, which also has special BlackBerry Bridge applications for Messages, Address Book and Calendar, to name a few. To email from accounts for which you previously used BlackBerry Bridge, simply add the accounts on your BlackBerry PlayBook. This includes any work accounts, as now both BlackBerry 10, and the BlackBerry PlayBook OS use the same BlackBerry Enterprise and Device Service infrastructure. Ty did a great job at describing how to do that in his Five Tip Friday – BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 Messages, Calendar and Contacts blog post. We are also planning to bring BBM and other applications as part of a future update later this year.

Our work is not done, and we will keep pushing the boundaries of what’s possible between BlackBerry 10 devices, and beyond. I can’t wait to share with you more updates on how BlackBerry Bridge will continue to evolve in the future!"
    Very nice, could you now tell me what it means?
    FF22 likes this.
    02-06-13 11:44 AM
    When I'm on the road I use Crown Royal bags for all sorts of things.

WARNING: Crown Royal Maple should only be used on pancakes. I swear, that stuff is like drinking a bottle of straight maple syrup (the brown bag is now used to store chargers, etc.).
    02-06-13 12:35 PM
    Very nice, could you now tell me what it means?
    It means that from Z10 to Playbook 2.1 we lose Messages, Address Book, Calendar, BBM, SMS. Hopefully when BB10 reaches the playbook we get some or even more capabilities back.
    02-06-13 01:51 PM
    PS I just reinstalled Print To Go on my PC to make prints go to my Z10 instead of to the playbook. It worked - and after Print To Going a document to Z10, I was able to open the pdf and share to the playbook as they described in the article.
    02-06-13 01:54 PM
    When I'm on the road I use Crown Royal bags for all sorts of things.

WARNING: Crown Royal Maple should only be used on pancakes. I swear, that stuff is like drinking a bottle of straight maple syrup (the brown bag is now used to store chargers, etc.).
    This is only the second time in my life that I wish I was Canadian. The first time was when I found a Canada Goose coat that I set my heart on only to find that I can't buy it in the UK. However as soon as I remember RIM are Canadian, I am prepared to freeze and use honey on my pancakes!
    02-06-13 01:56 PM
    I was able to confirm (from Blackberry) that this 'issue' is being corrected. The problem is not that it was left out so much as its being changed to allow for 'other functionality'. What that is however they could not tell me at this time. Stay tuned thought as it did sound like the changes would take place soon (I know, soon is a relative word).

That said, I don�t mind waiting for the new update to Bridge if it expands the functionality between Z10 and Playbook.
    02-06-13 02:03 PM
    I was able to confirm (from Blackberry) that this 'issue' is being corrected. The problem is not that it was left out so much as its being changed to allow for 'other functionality'. What that is however they could not tell me at this time. Stay tuned thought as it did sound like the changes would take place soon (I know, soon is a relative word).

That said, I don’t mind waiting for the new update to Bridge if it expands the functionality between Z10 and Playbook.
    And the 'issue' that they are correcting is?

And 'other functionality' is?

And I also don't have a relative called soon!

Other than that, do you like pate? because I'm having a party.
    02-06-13 02:30 PM
    Interesting.

I was shocked really when I came to set up my Playbook with my new Z10 and got "The Note" basically saying 'you can't really do anything with Blackberry Bridge now, sorry'.

More and more I feel that Blackberry have rushed out the Z10. Every time I pick it up I find another thing it CAN'T do compared to it's predecessors.
    sad_old_man and Uncle Remus like this.
    02-06-13 02:57 PM
    Really disappointed. As others have said I use Bridge to allow me to access company email, calendar etc on my Playbook without the need to have my PB on the company infrastructure. Will decline the phone upgrade until it becomes clearer if Bridge on BB10 will deliver full functionality.
    Last edited by Geo25; 02-06-13 at 03:34 PM.
    sad_old_man, FF22 and Uncle Remus like this.
    02-06-13 03:20 PM
    Interesting.

I was shocked really when I came to set up my Playbook with my new Z10 and got "The Note" basically saying 'you can't really do anything with Blackberry Bridge now, sorry'.

More and more I feel that Blackberry have rushed out the Z10. Every time I pick it up I find another thing it CAN'T do compared to it's predecessors.
    Just like they rushed the pb launch but be careful what you say the Z10 can't do because there are members on here that doubt our word and would ask that we make a video of its failures. I wonder if this is just to allow us to remember it's failings after we return it.

I'm going to preserve mine in brandy if I ever get it out of my son's hands.
    02-06-13 03:44 PM
    The issue they are correcting is there is NO functionality in Bridge right now with the Z10 and Playbook short of accessing the internet with wifi tablets (no messages, SMS, BBM, calendar, etc). I have no idea what other functionality they refer to as it was not made clear but I trust we will soon find out.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-06-13 04:25 PM
    ... To email from accounts for which you previously used BlackBerry Bridge, simply add the accounts on your BlackBerry PlayBook. This includes any work accounts, as now both BlackBerry 10, and the BlackBerry PlayBook OS use the same BlackBerry Enterprise and Device Service infrastructure. Ty did a great job at describing how to do that in his Five Tip Friday – BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 Messages, Calendar and Contacts blog post.
    I didn't see anything within the five tips that showed how I would connect my Playbook to a BES account.
    02-06-13 05:05 PM
    I guess we should go there and comment on this article, and let them know what we want from bridge
    02-06-13 05:09 PM
    Many of us use other work systems that don't support BES10. My email server (Mdaemon) is a great mail server that has a built-in BES5. As far as I can tell, we won't get BES 10. We do have ActiveSync support, but that doesn't include Memo Pad and Tasks. Also, many people use the Playbook email accounts for personal stuff and Bridge for work stuff.
    02-07-13 01:22 AM
    I think the reason Bridge on BB10 doesn't have BBM, Memos, Contacts and Email is because it won't need them - you'll be able to pair your tablet and phone via PIN and everything will be synced over the internet.

The only thing you'll need Bridge for is sharing internet connection, browsing files on your phone, and using your phone as a remote control - and surprise surprise, all those features are built into BB10 Bridge.
    02-07-13 05:19 AM
    I personally find connecting my pb via hotspot far better than via the bridge! Connection is faster via hotspot & email cannot connect to googlemail via bridge! Anyone else finding hotspot far better??:what:

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    02-07-13 05:47 AM
    I personally find connecting my pb via hotspot far better than via the bridge! Connection is faster via hotspot & email cannot connect to googlemail via bridge! Anyone else finding hotspot far better??:what:

No I do not. That could just be my carrier though.
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    02-07-13 06:51 AM

Your comments are true. The wifi hotspot is far faster than bluetooth obviously because wifi is faster than bluetooth anyway. That being said, do you not think that this is a very dangerous route for RIM to take?

I have several bb phones and I like them all but when phone upgrade time comes along my decision to stay loyal to bb is swayed by the advantages of having a fully functional bridge. My business bb is almost permanently bridged to my pb and through my bluetooth headset I rarely ever have to take my phone out of my briefcase. However why should I be tempted to stay loyal and upgrade to a Z10 that will only connect me into the website through wifi hotspot. My wife has a pb connected to her Samsung SIII in the same way so therefore why should I continue to stay with a bb phone?

I don't have any issues with sync of Contacts, email or calendar through gmail so what will I gain apart from a few more grey hairs stressing out over what RIM are up to next because they never tell us.
    Uncle Remus, JeepBB and Chriz like this.
    02-07-13 08:48 AM
    I think the reason Bridge on BB10 doesn't have BBM, Memos, Contacts and Email is because it won't need them - you'll be able to pair your tablet and phone via PIN and everything will be synced over the internet.

That may work for personal BIS accounts but not for corporate BES accounts.
    02-07-13 03:02 PM
    That may work for personal BIS accounts but not for corporate BES accounts.
    Ooooops, I forgot about you posh people on BEST, sorry!
    02-08-13 06:41 AM
282 ... 678910 ...