So if brandy will allow me to text from an ipad through my bb phone, will bourbon make the Z10 function correctly with my pb? Just a question.

P's I still have my original Teddy Bear!
    Depends on how much you drink
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-03-13 09:25 AM
    Cool, you can text and have bridged email and all that with your ipad. Great!
    You're not going to have Bridge email or text on the PlayBook anymore. At least I won't be sitting around waiting for everything else.

The statement will read. Although there is no more direct usage through Bridge our customers will still have the same fuctionality by adding the accounts seperately on each device. Syncing can be done through our desktop application. We will continue to bring new features to our Bridge but email and BBM needs to run seperately for it to work correctly. We hope our customers aren't disappointed and internet access and remote control are still available.
    02-03-13 09:36 AM
    So do I !

Fred Bear was actually my Dad's Teddy Bear before I had him and is now my Son's.

I never let Fred touch strong liquor tho'... it leads to confusion!
    I unfortunately do let teddy drink. It seems to suppress his urges to climb trees! I leave the confusion to RIM!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-03-13 09:38 AM
    Cool, you can text and have bridged email and all that with your ipad. Great!
    It's hard to take access to Sling, Netflix, Skype and the rest right now. If I'm going to loss Bridge I might as well have everything else that is missing right now. 2 years of waiting is enough.
    Uncle Remus and Spencerdl like this.
    02-03-13 09:40 AM
    It's hard to take access to Sling, Netflix, Skype and the rest right now. If I'm going to loss Bridge I might as well have everything else that is missing right now. 2 years of waiting is enough.
    Oh please relax and sit a while with a large glass of brandy or bourbon. Everything comes to those who wait. (that is unless you are a bb owner) However the thing that unerves me is that nobody seems clear on what the Z10 and a PlayBook running bb10 will actually do?
    Uncle Remus and kbz1960 like this.
    02-03-13 09:49 AM
    Oh please relax and sit a while with a large glass of brandy or bourbon. Everything comes to those who wait. (that is unless you are a bb owner) However the thing that unerves me is that nobody seems clear on what the Z10 and a PlayBook running bb10 will actually do?
    That's why I haven't dumped my BB set-up yet. There's always a chance I'm wrong but I know what I'm going to do if I'm not. I'm so reminded of my thread "The PlayBook would be DOA without Bridge.".
    Uncle Remus and Spencerdl like this.
    02-03-13 09:53 AM
    That's why I haven't dumped my BB set-up yet. There's always a chance I'm wrong but I know what I'm going to do if I'm not. I'm so reminded of my thread "The PlayBook would be DOA without Bridge.".
    I haven't dumped bb because I'm too stupid and when you get to my age its simple, you just don't have a memory so you get no reminders
    02-03-13 09:56 AM
    I doubt this will get read by many at the end of this long post...but what if they are waiting foe BB10 to be released for the Playbook before they add these functions back...like say giving you access to your entire HUB via the Bridge and putting it all in 1 HUB on the PlayBook...I would assume that the creation of the HUB is the liminting factor to the Bridge connection currently, but this is very sad news because I use the Bridge to BBM and text daily...as the days pass and I read all of these little glitches in the new BB10 os and with the Z10 from a software stand point I am VERY happy that it is not released in the US yet. I want to thank the rest of you for testing the device for us and letting BlackBerry know what needs to be fixed and I just hope that happens before the release in the US!
    Last edited by rjkolo; 02-03-13 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Typeo's
    nappp, Spencerdl, kbz1960 and 2 others like this.
    02-03-13 10:10 AM
    I would miss being able to get texts and bbms on my pb while I'm taking notes in meetings. It was very convenient to be able to put the phone on silent and still see when messages came in, and just flip to a new window and respond and then flip back to my notes. Maybe the Z10 keyboard will be so awesome I will take notes on it instead!

I would think that the bridge is too big an advantage for Blackberry to just let it go. As others have posted, it may be the problem of trying to work out how to bridge to different OS - but couldn't they make an optional update? So if you have a BB10 phone you download an update for the bridge on your pb - but if you still have an older phone you don't?
    Uncle Remus and Icarus3000 like this.
    02-03-13 10:25 AM
    we haven't been told yet that's why. I keep hoping the crackberry team will ask and report
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    02-03-13 10:42 AM
    DISAPPOINTED!!!! Help me Sad Old Man! I need some Bourbon.....

Hoot
    kbz1960 and sad_old_man like this.
    02-03-13 10:49 AM
    qnx is meant to be a microkernel which can cope with cross device resource sharing, so I am hoping bb10 bridge will mean a distributed message store across bridged devices with shared notifications such that if you have different accounts on different setups content is physically seperate but presented in a unified view. (i believe this is exactly what balance does) now imagine that across seperate devices (i.e. playbook and z10) then they just need to address the need for double downloading where the same email account is on two bridged devices (so one downloads email the other mirrors it rather than downloading another copy) and we will be more than happy

I HOPE this is the way they are going....if so then I will be impressed. If not then BB10 is becoming a 'me too' in terms of replicating what every other platform already does and adopting their weaknesses.
    02-03-13 10:57 AM
    Exactly. My question is, if that's what they intend to do, why the **** haven't they already? I don't want to hear "woe is me (RIM)" bull. I/we ARE entitled!! We paid for this stuff. We ARE entitled to what was PROMISED, and NOW!!! No more patience.... VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!!!

He he he,
    Hoot
    sad_old_man and kbz1960 like this.
    02-03-13 11:06 AM
    I doubt this will get read by many at the end of this long post...but what if they are waiting foe BB10 to be released for the Playbook before they add these functions back...like say giving you access to your entire HUB via the Bridge and putting it all in 1 HUB on the PlayBook...I would assume that the creation of the HUB is the liminting factor to the Bridge connection currently, for ke this is very sad news because I use the HUB to BBM and text daily...as the days pass and I read all of tjese little glitches in the new BB10 os and with the Z10 from a software stand point I am VERY happy that it is not released in the US yet. I want to thank the rest of you for testing the device for us and letting BlackBerry know what neeeds to bw fixed and I just hope that happens before the release in the US!
    I must remember that important business ethos. Keep the customers waiting for exactly what your not telling the customers what they are waiting for in the first place. Mind you, it does keep this forum busy!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-03-13 11:26 AM
    The 9900 bridged to the PB is one fantastic combination that offers such a high level of security we all use them for work. To take functionality away is unacceptable to the highest extent. I am so disappointed in BB for this. Did they not realise how well this worked and how much their customers loved this.

It is about time BB started listening, they wondered why they ladned in trouble, well this is a prime example.

No BB10 for work until we see the same functionality as we have with the bridged 9900 and PB.
    sad_old_man, Uncle Remus and FF22 like this.
    02-03-13 11:29 AM
    The 9900 bridged to the PB is one fantastic combination that offers such a high level of security we all use them for work. To take functionality away is unacceptable to the highest extent. I am so disappointed in BB for this. Did they not realise how well this worked and how much their customers loved this.

It is about time BB started listening, they wondered why they ladned in trouble, well this is a prime example.

No BB10 for work until we see the same functionality as we have with the bridged 9900 and PB.
    Sure I've said all this before and received whatever kind of chastisement the moderators like to justify it with.
    The one thing I would like to know is why my pal kbz1960 changes his photo more than I change my glass, or sock come to think of it. I don't do it and Uncle Remus doesn't do it. Mmmmmmmm me thinks that not only having me bugged, this member may not be a true blackbairian like wot we all are, but in fact the CEO of Apple, Google, Microsoft and Samsung all at once.

Come out of the closet you demon and get behind me. (well me and Uncle Remus actually and he will be in front of me)
    02-03-13 11:42 AM
    You are funny!

Hoot
    kbz1960 and sad_old_man like this.
    02-03-13 04:41 PM
    If you have a Z10 connected to work via the enterprise services, then just get your Playbook added and then it connects independently, then I assume you could connect hotspot or bridge to the Z10 to utilise its data connection.
    Not that easy, a lot of companies won't add non company devices to their network.
    Not ideal (due to battery drain on the phone) but you could use the hotspot feature on the phone and then connect the PlayBook? That's what I do when I'm traveling and have no wifi. Fortunately at work, we have ActiveSync set up. I just add the work settings (that I take from my iPhone that accesses the same network) and use them on the PlayBook. This gives me my email, calendar, and contacts. These are only accessed on the PlayBook after typing in the password to enter the "work/enterprise" area of the PlayBook.
    02-03-13 05:16 PM

Sure I've said all this before and received whatever kind of chastisement the moderators like to justify it with.
    The one thing I would like to know is why my pal kbz1960 changes his photo more than I change my glass, or sock come to think of it. I don't do it and Uncle Remus doesn't do it. Mmmmmmmm me thinks that not only having me bugged, this member may not be a true blackbairian like wot we all are, but in fact the CEO of Apple, Google, Microsoft and Samsung all at once.

Come out of the closet you demon and get behind me. (well me and Uncle Remus actually and he will be in front of me)
    LOL now I think you have me bugged.

I think you've been sharing your burbon with Thor and that's holding things up. This feature not maybe you should and it will speed things up.
    02-03-13 05:39 PM
    You are funny!

Hoot
    Agreed
    02-03-13 05:40 PM
    I doubt this will get read by many at the end of this long post...but what if they are waiting foe BB10 to be released for the Playbook before they add these functions back...like say giving you access to your entire HUB via the Bridge and putting it all in 1 HUB on the PlayBook...I would assume that the creation of the HUB is the liminting factor to the Bridge connection currently, for ke this is very sad news because I use the HUB to BBM and text daily...as the days pass and I read all of tjese little glitches in the new BB10 os and with the Z10 from a software stand point I am VERY happy that it is not released in the US yet. I want to thank the rest of you for testing the device for us and letting BlackBerry know what neeeds to bw fixed and I just hope that happens before the release in the US!
    I hope when they do rollout BB10 to the PlayBook this functionality comes back. My ire was more because this wasn't communicated and I was totally taken by surprise by this as I assumed a newer, better device would have the same or better capabilities of the older device.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-03-13 06:24 PM
    Something to look forward to... having qnx on both phone and tablet is going to be killer.

BlackBerry 10: Forget about the phone - it's the OS that really counts | ZDNet
    02-03-13 07:52 PM
    LOL now I think you have me bugged.

I think you've been sharing your burbon with Thor and that's holding things up. This feature not maybe you should and it will speed things up.
    "Thor" And there was simple me bumbling through life with only my bottle to help me and all the time it appears that I am on social terms with a Norse God! Now at least I know who is drinking my brandy!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-04-13 06:44 AM
    "Thor" And there was simple me bumbling through life with only my bottle to help me and all the time it appears that I am on social terms with a Norse God! Now at least I know who is drinking my brandy!
    And here you thought it was me
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-04-13 07:07 AM
    And here you thought it was me
    Not sure about that because since you changed your picture I keep seeing double and I'm not sure if you are the one on the left, the one on the right or the one in the middle!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-04-13 07:15 AM
282 ... 45678 ...