There is an new software update for the Torch. Has anyone updated and can report on whether bridge still works, or has AT&T slipped something into the update? Not that I'm paranoid but ...
    07-08-11 09:29 PM
    I just downloaded the new update from att for torch. So far everything works. Had to update the BBM on torch after the update. Thought I had lost it. Once update it was fine able to connect. Did notice one thing, I don't know if this was there before, never really tried. when disconnect from the bridge, I had accidentally touch the message icon and it connected automatically. Alson when connected to bridge and you attempt to open message, bbm, or others, a dialog box quickly pops up saying connectin to phone. So far it still works.
    07-08-11 09:42 PM
    i've been using .600 since it leaked, and it's fine.
    07-08-11 09:48 PM
    i've been using .600 since it leaked, and it's fine.
    +1

10 char
    07-08-11 10:35 PM
    Thanks for reporting this guys! Greatly appreciated!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-11 11:24 PM
    I updated my torch to os 6.0.0.600 last night. Bridge browser on my play book works fine (be sure you update bbm). I was a little skeptical, as I am sure most ATT subscribers are. So I would say go for it! I read all the threads on this build and so far this build works for me. Solution for battery issue. CHARGER AND A OUTLET!
    07-09-11 08:31 AM
    Yes, mine works fine too after update to 600, Bridge Browser and all. No need for paranoia about AT&T.
    07-09-11 08:51 AM
    Just 2 problems with the update, both BBM related.

BBM needed to be updated from app world to be able to bridge onto the PB, worked ok on Torch but no bridge onto PB. Email and BridgeBrowser were perfect.

Other was a problem for me, the AutoText has been replaced by something called Word Substitution. Any entries you created under edit AutoText will not be backed up and restored to your Torch.

You also cannot restore the AutoText database from any full backup you may have made in the past.

The solution is to make a specific backup of only the AutoText database before you do the update to the Torch then use this backup to restore after the update has been done. Single database restore from a single database backup works.

If, like me, you don't do this you can restore this database to a BB running v5 then do the single backup from the old device.

No other issues found.
    07-09-11 08:54 AM
    im so happy in not on AT&T LOL
    07-09-11 10:51 AM
    I have this update from one of the other carriers running on my ATT Torch, so I don't really need to do the update. The other carrier's OS, because its official so far as RIM goes, works fine. But I wonder if there are some slight benefits from running the same version only with your carrier's brand? Maybe an upgrade to Navigator? These are mostly Torch and not Playbook issues. But I was able to carry forward my autotext-word substitution settings automatically without having to restore. So far as the bridge on ATT 600, by this point I'm surprised that the new upgrade doesn't block Bridge browsing. If, otoh, this is something ATT can avtivate remotely, then you should be able to either load up another carrier's OS or delete the Att Bridge app in the Torch and then reinstall the Bridge on the Torch from on a non ATT source. So it may be acceptable to "risk" an ATT phone upgrade.
    07-09-11 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD