I know there's lots of hope that Bluetooth support will come with OS 2.0, but I'm hoping it doesn't just stop there...

Why aren't we able to access media files via Bridge Files yet?

My wish is that the Music Player in 2.0 has a "BB Phone" icon in it so that you can open the music app, click on your BB phone, and then be able to easily listen to the songs on your BB without any transferring of files, etc. Just being able to open Bridge Files and selecting a song from a file list doesn't seem as intuitive as building this right into the Music app.

You'd think that with RIM's new BBM Music app they would consider this added "media" functionality on the PB. Making it easier to access and listen to the music on your phone would be a big plus in my eyes.

Just a thought I've had since day 1 of the PB... if anyone has heard anything on this please let it be known!
    chiefbroski and DeeLishusOne like this.
    09-19-11 12:30 PM
    I've had this exact same thought. This way, we can save room on our Playbooks for other ish. Plus, its kinda a hassle to update songs on both devices, you know?

Another option could be that RIM makes an iCloud-equivalent called "MyBerry" or "Black Cloud" LOL.... And it could be a cloud for your files, music, pictures...etc...but without the iron-fisted control over your songs and stuff.

Thanks for making this thread to bring attention to this! +1
    kyleheney likes this.
    09-19-11 12:46 PM
    That's great.
    I often use my Bold and laptop together. I meant, whenever I'm home, I turn on Bluetooth on both device and start playing the music on my Bold right through the laptop's speaker. My Bold, then can be charged
    At the same time, I also can receive or make calls through my laptop, so no need to grab my Bold while it's being charged.
    I wish I could do that with my PlayBook too...
    09-19-11 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD