Is the message app (when bridged) supposed to have a red star appear over it when a new message is received? I also get the exclamation and red blinky in the top left corner, but isn't a little mail notification supposed to appear as well?

Thanks
    04-21-11 07:46 PM
    I get 3 things in the top left corner:

1) Red blinking corner indicator
    2) Exclamation
    3) Yellow Envelope with red star next to the exclamation

The Message app itself does not get a red star.
    04-21-11 09:13 PM
    I don't get the yellow envelope with the red star. Is it because i'm bridged with a Torch? What are you bridging with? If the Torch, which software are you running?
    04-21-11 10:34 PM
    i'm using a Torch, and i get the yellow envelope with the red star.

my Torch is on .486 and my PB is on 1690.
    04-21-11 10:37 PM
    i'm using the bold 9000

this is what i see:
    http://images.crackberry.com/files/u10880/notifiers.jpg
    04-21-11 10:58 PM
    I think this is a problem. I go to read the message on the PB and the message notification won't go away.
    04-22-11 06:17 AM
    I think this is a problem. I go to read the message on the PB and the message notification won't go away.
    I've had that sporadically as well. The message icon also always has the red star, whether I have a new message or not.

There is a new update available, that I've heard fixes this: http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/bu...ilable-607530/

I'm downloading it now.
    04-22-11 06:23 AM
    Did any of you have the red star on the main messages icon go away? My first PB didn't have it, but my replacement does and it's driving me crazy (many may argue that it shouldn't, but it does, and I'm sorry)! Did an OS update fix this problem? I'm running the latest 1.0.3, and am just wondering if there's a fix out there or if I'm in the same "waiting" boat with everyone else...
    05-03-11 11:17 PM
    No, this week's update did not fix the red star on my bridge mail icon. I get the yellow envelope, the exclamation point icon, the red lit up corner and the permanent red star. For every email. It's a little overkill.
    you sir name likes this.
    05-03-11 11:22 PM
    Thanks, good to know. I guess it's hit or miss for the icon since my first one didn't have it and I've seen a few posts saying OS updates corrected it. I also have the ghost notifications in the corner. Started with mail, but since I added BBM, that's now the one hanging around. I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed for the next update!
    05-03-11 11:27 PM
    Try going into bbm on your phone and opening the message there. That's what got rid of the notification on my pb.
    05-03-11 11:30 PM
    I got a message and opening it up cleared the notification this time, but I'll give your method a try next time (not if, but when! :S) it comes up. Thanks!
    05-03-11 11:36 PM
    Anybody knows how to turn off sound notification for emails?
    05-03-11 11:38 PM
    Under sounds in the settings there's a notifications setting. I think that would do it.

EDIT:
    As a side note, I just noticed that when I ignore the notification and just open the app they're associated with, they clear themselves. I received a few emails, and instead of clicking the notification in the corner and letting it take me to the messages app, I just went straight to the messages app. When I left the app after reading the emails the notifications were gone. Tried the same with BBM and it worked as well. Maybe I'm just lucking out, but if not it could be another easy temp fix to having the notifications there all the time.
    Last edited by you sir name; 05-03-11 at 11:58 PM.
    05-03-11 11:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD