BlackBerry Bridge between my Bold 9900 and my PlayBook is what makes my PlayBook the best Tablet choice for me! It allows me to use it for things I feel other tablets couldn't do for me. But if I'm wrong, tell me if you know of another tablet that can do this.

Use #1: Bridging internet from my 9900 to my PlayBook at no additional cost. Secure internet on my Tablet on-the-go at no additional cost is a big plus for me. I don't rely on looking for unsecure wifi hotspots to check my various online financial accounts and I don't have to pay my mobile carrier extra money to connect my PlayBook to use my already existing mobile data service.

Use #2: Bridging at home displaying my PlayBook on my HDTV and controlling all functions from my couch via using my Bold 9900 as a remote (especially internet browsing and photo sharing when we have family over). Maybe other tablets can be displayed via HDTV, but how many can be controlled with a smartphone as a remote controller?

Use #3: Bridging at Work. My company blocks the internet from accessing anything related to sports, but I love to listen to ESPN Radio, so streaming the live audio is possible when I access the ESPN radio website via Bridge. Sure, other tablets may have an ESPN App, but I guess the PlayBook doesn't need an app for something that can be accessed through the main website.

Nope, I don't subscribe to Netflix or Skype, nor do I play many games ever. I also never would take my tablet on-the-go if it was bigger than 7" so all-in-all, an iPad never provided enticing features for my needs, not to mention the high price tag.

Peace out!
    Ben1232, rickkel, alan510 and 16 others like this.
    07-16-12 02:24 PM
    Your dicing with death with your title mate.

Great read thanks
    07-16-12 02:48 PM
    BlackBerry Bridge between my Bold 9900 and my PlayBook is what makes my PlayBook the best Tablet choice for me! It allows me to use it for things I feel other tablets couldn't do for me. But if I'm wrong, tell me if you know of another tablet that can do this.

Use #1: Bridging internet from my 9900 to my PlayBook at no additional cost. Secure internet on my Tablet on-the-go at no additional cost is a big plus for me. I don't rely on looking for unsecure wifi hotspots to check my various online financial accounts and I don't have to pay my mobile carrier extra money to connect my PlayBook to use my already existing mobile data service.

Use #2: Bridging at home displaying my PlayBook on my HDTV and controlling all functions from my couch via using my Bold 9900 as a remote (especially internet browsing and photo sharing when we have family over). Maybe other tablets can be displayed via HDTV, but how many can be controlled with a smartphone as a remote controller?

Use #3: Bridging at Work. My company blocks the internet from accessing anything related to sports, but I love to listen to ESPN Radio, so streaming the live audio is possible when I access the ESPN radio website via Bridge. Sure, other tablets may have an ESPN App, but I guess the PlayBook doesn't need an app for something that can be accessed through the main website.

Nope, I don't subscribe to Netflix or Skype, nor do I play many games ever. I also never would take my tablet on-the-go if it was bigger than 7" so all-in-all, an iPad never provided enticing features for my needs, not to mention the high price tag.

Peace out!
    You got that right. I can't imagine doing without Bridge.
    07-16-12 02:51 PM
    Bridge makes my Tablet better than all others (for my needs)

Carry on, nothing to debate here
    todbanner likes this.
    07-16-12 02:53 PM
    I think the title is great and pretty accurate as-is. Needs differ for different people.
    07-16-12 02:54 PM
    Bridge makes my Tablet better than all others (for my needs)

Carry on, nothing to debate here
    The title is spot on. It defuses the trolls default setting !
    todbanner likes this.
    07-16-12 02:56 PM
    The title is spot on. It defuses the trolls default setting !
    My thoughts exactly. I just like re-iterating the point just to discourage them a bit more.
    07-16-12 03:01 PM
    My thoughts exactly. I just like re-iterating the point just to discourage them a bit more.
    Aha I misinterpreted it

It may be a good idea to use that last part of the title in all future threads.
    07-16-12 03:08 PM
    Yeah, that "for my needs" is a nice troll deterrent! Stopped them right in their tracks! I think "for my needs" should be added to all future topics. No troll food = no troll
    07-16-12 03:12 PM
    Agreed. Absolute statements are the type that cause the arguments LOL.

But here, OP makes a specific statement relating to him/herself, and gives a few reasons why.

Opens up the door to (hopefully) mature discussion. Well done OP.
    07-16-12 03:12 PM
    Yeah, that "for my needs" is a nice troll deterrent! Stopped them right in their tracks! I think "for my needs" should be added to all future topics. No troll food = no troll
    Now, it is also my humble belief that someone countering the point isn't necessarily a troll. Disagreeing with someone should not invoke insults, particularly if folks are acting mature.
    07-16-12 03:13 PM
    Aha I misinterpreted it

It may be a good idea to use that last part of the title in all future threads.
    Lol. You beat me to it
    07-16-12 03:14 PM
    I must agree, that FOR MY NEEDS, Bridge is such a killer feature. I would find it hard to live without if it's taken away from me, actually.
    OriginalLucy and Tre Lawrence like this.
    07-16-12 03:21 PM
    Now, it is also my humble belief that someone countering the point isn't necessarily a troll. Disagreeing with someone should not invoke insults, particularly if folks are acting mature.
    I totally agree. The "for my needs" should separate the mature and the trolls
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    07-16-12 03:22 PM
    If I remember correctly, Bridge remote functions as a standard HID so it would pair with a bluetooth enabled computer or Android device and function as a keyboard and mouse. Also, Sprint and T-Mobile have free tethering. Bridge does streamline those features, though.
    kozmo68 likes this.
    07-16-12 05:19 PM
    Singing to the choir here in Gainesville, FL! I've had mine since the first week it was available and have never looked back. Love hearing the positive feedback as opposed to the whiners, criers and complainers.
    07-16-12 07:01 PM
    The Bridge is the reason I purchased the PB.
    It's been a long long time maturing and isn't All the way there yet.

It's also the only reason why I still have the PB, for now.

Saves me, a minimum of $300 a year in connectivity costs

Tim
    07-16-12 07:09 PM
    I love the ability to hand my Playbook to someone and walk away knowing they don't have access to my PIM.
    07-16-12 07:41 PM
    We ran a 5K on Saturday and I took some pics during it with my 9900. We went out to dinner afterwards and our friend's 80 year old mother joined us. Instead of trying to show her the pics from my BB screen, I put the PB up on the table and led them through a picture slide show via my BB.

They're not just similar devices, they are symbiotic devices.
    grover5 and rexrim like this.
    07-16-12 07:51 PM
    Just need 2.1 to complete the SMS bridge, and I will be one happy camper
    Chaddface likes this.
    07-16-12 09:31 PM
    The bridge is what makes the whole package so great. Extra storage and I really love how easy the pb can connect to the internet through the phone. Everything is already set up. The one thing that makes me jealous is I'm paying 20 extra to use the bold as a PAM. So ur getting a good deal.

Really wish bb would advertise the pb in america it really is a great setup the bold the playbook and go ahead get the music gateway
    rexrim likes this.
    07-17-12 07:23 AM
    nice review TS ! i agree with u i dont need a playbook4G coz my playbook still rocking with blackberry bridge #BlackBerryDieHardFans!
    07-17-12 07:31 AM
    Just need 2.1 to complete the SMS bridge, and I will be one happy camper
    Did I read something about WiFi bridge too or was I dreaming. The two features would be great.
    07-17-12 09:15 AM
    I silently and secretly gloat when some of my iPad toting friends mention how they don't have this feature available. I especially smile broadly inside when they are scrambling to find a Wi-Fi connected place while I'm able to use the 3G connection on my Bold and be connected to most internet sites without interruption. Can't fault the Bold or the Playbook for slow 3G speeds. It's just the network I'm on. But who's saving money by not paying for another data plan? Who's still connected to an internet connection? Me Something that seems so simple but yet RIM's got it and continues to perfect. Another amazing feature that my Apple toting friends don't admit out loud, but several have admitted is pretty impressive is the ability to use the remote feature and use the awesome keyboard on my Bold 9930 as a keyboard to take notes on the Playbook, though I admit that it looks like I am not paying attention and texting someone when I am actually vigorously taking notes. Haha.

Not bad for a company that's "dead." But through it all, there will always be naysayers no matter how many cool features our Playbooks have. Let them be. They won't change. RIM is obviously not completely as inept as people think...
    07-17-12 09:47 AM
    The bridge is what makes the whole package so great. Extra storage and I really love how easy the pb can connect to the internet through the phone. Everything is already set up. The one thing that makes me jealous is I'm paying 20 extra to use the bold as a PAM. So ur getting a good deal.

Really wish bb would advertise the pb in america it really is a great setup the bold the playbook and go ahead get the music gateway
    Why are you paying extra? The other person said with sprint its all free?
    07-17-12 09:48 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD