So, here's the issue.

I use my phone (9780) to provide internet tethering when connected to my PC via USB when WiFI is not available. This works fine.

Separately, I bridge my phone and Playbook. This works fine, except that the PB is also accessing the internet via the phone.
    This results in a silly situation whereby my e-mails show-up in both the Bridge messages app and the native messages app, with two sets of new message alerts.
    It also unnecessarily uses more of my data allowance than is needed.

This seems pointless and I cannot find any setting on the PB or phone to stop this.

I can understand wanting to browse via Bridge, but I do not want this when I just want to work on e-mails, calendar, tasks or contacts from the phone.

Surely there should be a way to disable tethering/internet access when bridged?
    11-06-12 05:37 PM
    Do you have the same email set up on the PB? I've never set up an email on the PB as its always bridge to my phone.
    11-06-12 06:09 PM
    a way to disable tethering/internet access when bridged?
    Install and configure a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (Enterprise Edition has an appropriate IT Policy, possible Express Edition provides the necessary IT policy). Activate your BlackBerry smartphone on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server and configure and push the necessary IT Policy.
    11-06-12 06:11 PM
    Do you have the same email set up on the PB? I've never set up an email on the PB as its always bridge to my phone.
    +1

It makes no sense to have the same email account on both native email on the PB and also on your BB, you will always have double messages! For me native email is for those who don't have a BB, if you have a BB like me go Bridge all the time!!
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    11-06-12 06:35 PM
    To stop the dual alerts: On the phone goto the bridge app and highlight your paired PB. Press BB menu and select device properties. Under messages uncheck your email account that is setup on PB. You will now receive new messages on the phone and PB but will not receive them on Bridge mail.
    kbz1960 and Zildjian71 like this.
    11-06-12 07:51 PM
    Thank you all for your feedback.

Yesterday, 08:09 PM #2
    Yes, because I use WiFi when available and my phone when WiFi is not available.

Yesterday, 08:11 PM #3
    Install and configure a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (Enterprise Edition has an appropriate IT Policy, possible Express Edition provides the necessary IT policy). Activate your BlackBerry smartphone on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server and configure and push the necessary IT Policy.
    This seems somewhat excessive for a single phone and what should be (in my opinion) a simple option setting.

Yesterday, 08:35 PM #4
    It makes no sense to have the same email account on both native email on the PB and also on your BB, you will always have double messages! For me native email is for those who don't have a BB, if you have a BB like me go Bridge all the time!!
    It makes a lot of sense to me. E-mails arrive on the phone much faster than on the PB via the tethered connection. the difference is significant.

Yesterday, 09:51 PM #5
    To stop the dual alerts: On the phone goto the bridge app and highlight your paired PB. Press BB menu and select device properties. Under messages uncheck your email account that is setup on PB. You will now receive new messages on the phone and PB but will not receive them on Bridge mail.
    Thanks, but this is the wrong way round. I want to use Bridge mail for the reason I gave above. What I want to do is disable internet tethering when using Bridge.
    11-07-12 01:17 PM
    The one thing you can't turn off on Bridge is Internet access.
    11-07-12 01:28 PM