Hello everyone,

I can't seem to connect to the internet through the bridge. (I can access BBM and also my email)

I get the message "Your BlackBerry smartphone is unable to establish a connection to the destination server".

Anyone else had this problem and solve it?

I am using a Bold (most recent version prior to 9900) and never had problems before connecting until this occurred.

Tthanks and much appreciated.
    11-17-11 10:30 AM
    try turning off/on your bluetooth connection on the phone.

or try rebooting both devices.
    11-17-11 10:34 AM
    I'd first try turning off the bt connection on your phone and then turning it on again. I've never had much trouble with bridge performance except when in poor cell coverage area. The bt off and then on technique has generally worked to reestablish functionality for me.
    11-17-11 10:34 AM
    I tried that previously but I'll try again.

Maybe I uninstall Bridge and then re-install.

hmmm.....
    11-17-11 01:00 PM
    Have you downloaded any new software since it started going buggy? I have tried ( and then had to uninstall) 2 News apps because after installation, the Internet and Bluetooth both went south.
    11-17-11 07:27 PM
    Try rebooting the PB?
    11-17-11 07:29 PM
    Are you on a BES server where your company's IT blocks it?
    11-17-11 07:38 PM
    I tried unistalling bride app on my bberry and reinstalled. Still no luck.

I'll ask my IT department but I don't think that's the problem - it worked before - I don't go on their servers but maybe the BES from the bold 9700.

I have d/loaded many apps, so I think I'm going to a complete restore and wipe everything from the playbook and start again.

*Does anyone know what happens to purchased apps? (Do I get to reinstall for free?)
    11-18-11 08:05 AM

*Does anyone know what happens to purchased apps? (Do I get to reinstall for free?)
    Yes you do get to install them back. For apps that were free when you got them and now are paid apps, for those unfortunately you will have to pay the current price.
    11-18-11 09:03 AM
    I tried unistalling bride app on my bberry and reinstalled. Still no luck.

I'll ask my IT department but I don't think that's the problem - it worked before - I don't go on their servers but maybe the BES from the bold 9700.

I have d/loaded many apps, so I think I'm going to a complete restore and wipe everything from the playbook and start again.

I should have been clearer, sorry. The interfering apps in my case were on the phone.
    11-18-11 08:40 PM
    Okay - so I reformated my playbook but still won't bridge the internet connection (still can get BBM and emails through bridget though)

Has to be an issue with bberry bridge software update. Going to start a new thread on how to go back to a previous software update for the bride.

Thanks everyone.
    11-21-11 03:23 PM
    Please someone post best answers/summary here:
    Trying to consolidate all the typical newbie questions/answers for potential sticky
    Thanks!

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-know-671764/

I will be consolidating all of this stuff in a wiki of topics and then we can just refer people
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-21-11 at 03:34 PM.
    11-21-11 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD