When using the bridge browser with a BES activated Blackberry it seems to always use the "Blackberry Browser" (connects back through the BES server), even when the default browser on the Blackberry is set to "Internet Browser". Is there a way to get the bridge browser to use "Internet Browser"?

Thanks,
    08-05-11 01:00 PM
    Not as currently designed. The PlayBook will only use the BES to connect to the internet with the Bridge Browser even though BIS is accessible by the phone. There are many of us who can't use the Bridge Browser because the BES they are connected to is doesn't have MDS configured for internet access. A lot of companies don't want to be bothered with it, especially since you already get internet access with BIS and I presume many employees don't want to have all of their internet activity logged in the BES either.
    Last edited by TBone4eva; 08-05-11 at 01:21 PM.
    08-05-11 01:19 PM
    Boy, that's just wrong. The Bridge Browser should use the current BB Browser setting - if BES policies allow direct internet browsing, the PB Bridge Browser should as well.
    08-16-11 12:28 PM
    that is my problem with bridge as well. Even though I can browse with BES, it is very slow compared to BIS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 07:26 PM
    that is my problem with bridge as well. Even though I can browse with BES, it is very slow compared to BIS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Same here

I tried going in BES and removing the browser that goes back through the BES and forcing just the icon of the phone out. Results no bridge browser
    08-17-11 05:09 AM
    Yeah, there is nothing you can do right now as it seems to be hardcoded into the Bridge app. Maybe it might be possible with BlackBerry Balance in the future.
    08-17-11 07:09 AM
    FYI, this is no longer an issue. Bridge Browser goes through BES, but regular browser (when bridged, no wifi) goes through BIS, so the browsing is much faster for me now.
    08-31-11 03:57 AM
    FYI, this is no longer an issue. Bridge Browser goes through BES, but regular browser (when bridged, no wifi) goes through BIS, so the browsing is much faster for me now.
    Yes this is superb stuff, they could make such a good TV ad now with the features this thing offers, and some of the new incoming with 2.0.
    08-31-11 04:20 AM
    FYI, this is still an issue. Bridge browser does Not work with my bb on BES.
    08-31-11 09:27 AM
    don't use the bridge browser (BES), bridge your BB then use the regular browser (BIS)...
    michaelyoder likes this.
    09-01-11 01:18 AM
    Recently, my company switched me to BES. Today, I discovered that "Bridge Browser" no longer works. Remedy = use Playbook native "Browser" instead of "Bridge Browser". It works for me!
    10-19-11 09:05 PM
    Can i connect directly through my carrier? When i check my public IP it showing as from RIM. So kt's still tunneling to their NOC...
    03-14-12 05:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD