I'm waiting for the bus, with Coffee and PLaybook in hand. Put down PB to mix the coffee and here comes bus. Hop on the bus, sit down sip the coffee and say, lets finish up fruit ninja. NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hop off the bus (I had only gone one stop) and jet down to the bus stop. No PB. Maybe 3 minutes had elapsed, and the PB, though it is password protected, was open cuz i was playing Fruit Ninja.

Sweating, Panicked and upset, I think, oh well I'll just buy another one they're only $200, but I don't really have money like that to waste and I just signed over my next born child to the DMV yesterday to get my license reinstated (another story).

20 minutes pass. Sulking I walk into the corner Bodega to get some plantains for my restaurant. I look at the phone and the bridge icon is on. I say this is probably just a mistake. I walk out it goes away. I walk back in, it goes on. I scroll through the bridge and remote options to see if there is a way to put something on the screen or lock or anything, but theres nothing.

Now I know the people in the store, we're business neighbors, so I'm going to let the manager know that someone in his store has my Playbook and I look around to see if anyone has a bookbag or anything like that. As I look around an older guy comes to the counter with some fruit and my playbook in his hand (it has the journal case). I say thats my playbook in your hand. He says where did you leave it? I say it doesn't matter, thats mine. He laughs and hands it over saying ur lucky man, I found this lying on the bus stop. I though it was a book. I gave him $30 and hugged my Playbook.

I was so happy to have my PB back, I've already lost a 16gb one I paid full price for in June and this 32 gb is the one I bought to replace it in July. I want to buy another, but not as a replacement for being careless.

Security Features should be added to PB

Blackberry Protect for the Playbook is mandatory. I can't see why this app isnt available, even without a cellular radio. Also there should be some added functionality on the bridge/remote where I can see whats on the PB screen and Remotely take a face pic. Put a message on the screen. The remote is useless as tool to recover your phone because you can't see the PB screen. I know thats not what its meant for, but still, we should have these features.
    Last edited by killa4luv; 03-13-12 at 12:00 PM.
    hpjrt, LeKeiser, drum and 4 others like this.
    03-13-12 11:55 AM
    Clad to hear you got it back especially in NYC. I have not been to a Bodega in years.
    03-13-12 12:00 PM
    Wow - so glad you got it back.
    03-13-12 12:47 PM
    Glad you got it back, and agree with you on added features for bridge.

Bridge should also allow me to veiw apps on phone! Someday they will get it right
    03-13-12 12:49 PM
    I wonder if an "alarm" function or app could be created. An electronic tether of sorts where if the bbphone and pb lose bt signal, one or both could sound an alarm. Obviously, it would have to be an app that runs regularly and can use/access bt. I think I've read that there are bt-leashes that work that way. Wender too far from your bt laptop and the device blares out noise.

I attended CCNY a bit north of there many years ago.
    03-13-12 01:29 PM
    I wonder if an "alarm" function or app could be created. An electronic tether of sorts where if the bbphone and pb lose bt signal, one or both could sound an alarm. Obviously, it would have to be an app that runs regularly and can use/access bt. I think I've read that there are bt-leashes that work that way. Wender too far from your bt laptop and the device blares out noise.

I attended CCNY a bit north of there many years ago.
    Yeah I could use that. I'd call it Bluetooth Leash. Go to far and one or both devices start barking.
    03-13-12 02:46 PM
    I wonder if an "alarm" function or app could be created. An electronic tether of sorts where if the bbphone and pb lose bt signal, one or both could sound an alarm.
    Pondering that this morning after realizing I left my PlayBook in the shopping cart at the grocery store.

Luckily, someone picked it up and put it lost and found!!
    06-19-12 11:08 AM
    Pondering that this morning after realizing I left my PlayBook in the shopping cart at the grocery store.

Congrats on getting your pb back from a honest person.
    06-19-12 12:04 PM
    I have a gadget that I use to prevent me from walking away from my pb.

might not be perfect cause its not made for the pb.

but here is the link.

Google Image Result for http://www.dogsdata.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Guard-dog-chained.jpg
    06-19-12 12:28 PM
    I've always wondered, if you're suppose to give people money for recovering lost or stolen items; because, isn't giving it back, just the right to do?
    06-19-12 12:58 PM

Probably realized what crap tablet it is and didn't want it.
    06-19-12 01:14 PM
    I have a gadget that I use to prevent me from walking away from my pb.

might not be perfect cause its not made for the pb.

but here is the link.

Google Image Result for http://www.dogsdata.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Guard-dog-chained.jpg

I had enough problem paper training my pb. And the extended care and feeding, well ..........
    06-19-12 02:47 PM
    I'm guessing they couldn't figure out how to unlock it.
    I'll find out when I get home if they wiped it trying to guess the password.

As far as the reward goes. The person who handed it back in probably doesn't work at the grocery store. The good feeling they get from doing what is right, should be reward enough and I am thankful that they did do the right thing.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-19-12 02:49 PM
    PlayBook is fine and back at home.
    06-19-12 04:04 PM
    Do you remember the cable locks that were installed on laptops? They should put them on the PlayBook. Then you can put one end of a cable on the PlayBook and the other end, guess where?
    Cracklen likes this.
    06-19-12 08:43 PM
    Do you remember the cable locks that were installed on laptops? They should put them on the PlayBook. Then you can put one end of a cable on the PlayBook and the other end, guess where?
    And the ladies?:-)
    06-19-12 09:36 PM
    There is no need for that, really.
    Cracklen likes this.
    06-19-12 09:39 PM
    I agree BlackBerry Protect is GREAT & is needed on the PB.
    06-20-12 12:33 AM
    ...I look at the phone and the bridge icon is on. I say this is probably just a mistake. I walk out it goes away. I walk back in, it goes on. I scroll through the bridge and remote options to see if there is a way to put something on the screen or lock or anything, but theres nothing.
    I was so happy to have my PB back...
    What a great story! Lucky and good.
    06-20-12 02:25 AM
    That's a quick thinking on your part. Glad you have your PB recovered.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    06-20-12 03:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD