I was having the same Bridge issues many have reported- Communication Denied on phone, endless spinning and never finding Bridge, etc. After I wiped my phone and re-installed .448 it worked flawlessly, until I tried to reconnect this AM after rebooting my phone from the BBM update. RIM sent the following directions, and they worked. Will see if they survive reboot, but here they are for those who also have issues:

"Hello __________,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support.

Please try the following:
    - Delete Bluetooth pairs on both the BlackBerry Smartphone and the PlayBook
    - Go to Options
    - Go to Network and Connections
    - Go to Bluetooth Connections
    - Press the menu key and choose MAP Options
    - Uncheck all options under Message Services
    - Press the Back button and choose to Save
    - Within the Bluetooth Connections screen, press the menu key
    - Select Options
    - Under Serial Port Profile, uncheck everything but Data Transfer
    - Press the Back button and choose Save

After going through these steps, please restart both the BlackBerry Smartphone and the PlayBook then attempt to use BlackBerry Bridge again.

Should you require further information on this subject, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you again for contacting us."
    Last edited by Fonz0; 04-23-11 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Grammar
    04-23-11 12:13 PM
    This worked for me. I was not able to save the unselecred MAP options, but just unchecking all but Data transfer was enough to make my bridge work.

Thank you for posting this, I tried wipes os upgrades, none of it worked until this.

9700 running 6.0.0.534

*edit added hardware info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by n3v3r_kw; 04-23-11 at 01:26 PM.
    04-23-11 12:51 PM
    Holy crap... we have a bridge!
    Very nice find!!!! Thank you!
    Finally, a bridged 9700 BIS device running 6.0 software on ATT...

Is it safe to add those options back? Do we need them? Seems that email is still delivered fine
    04-23-11 01:11 PM
    Not sure what they would be needed for- all my bridged apps work fine through BB Bridge. I assume (and I am NOT the most techie guy on here so this may be way off) that Bridge acts like a mini VPN between the PB and phone and that having the general BT settings overlapping was causing issues.
    04-23-11 02:05 PM
    This worked for me too! Thanks!!!

Previously, I tried upgrading, downgrading, wiping, sometimes it worked but after rebooting my Torch it disconnected again and won't come back. Just now, I basically just unchecked everything under serial port profile except data transfer and it worked! I did a battery pull twice on the Torch and restarted my Playbook and the BB Bridge still works. Awesome!
    04-23-11 10:31 PM
    This worked for me. I was not able to save the unselecred MAP options, but just unchecking all but Data transfer was enough to make my bridge work.

Thank you for posting this, I tried wipes os upgrades, none of it worked until this.

9700 running 6.0.0.534

*edit added hardware info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have a 9800 running 6.0.0.526 (AT&T) and had the same issues with the MAP options.

After one failed attempt, I got it working second go

Thank you OP for the find! This definitely made my night
    04-23-11 10:57 PM
    Holy crap, it worked!!!!!

I was having an issue where as soon as I have any GMail accounts in, bridge stops working. GMail must have been trying to transport something else.

Thanks OP!!!
    Last edited by cy; 04-23-11 at 11:16 PM.
    04-23-11 11:08 PM
    wow this worked. but quick question, does it do anything to the blackberry? does it stop it from doing anything it did before?
    04-23-11 11:09 PM
    I was having the same Bridge issues many have reported- Communication Denied on phone, endless spinning and never finding Bridge, etc. After I wiped my phone and re-installed .448 it worked flawlessly, until I tried to reconnect this AM after rebooting my phone from the BBM update. RIM sent the following directions, and they worked. Will see if they survive reboot, but here they are for those who also have issues:

"Hello __________,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support.

Please try the following:
    - Delete Bluetooth pairs on both the BlackBerry Smartphone and the PlayBook
    - Go to Options
    - Go to Network and Connections
    - Go to Bluetooth Connections
    - Press the Back button and choose to Save
    - Within the Bluetooth Connections screen, press the menu key
    - Select Options
    - Under Serial Port Profile, uncheck everything but Data Transfer
    - Press the Back button and choose Save

After going through these steps, please restart both the BlackBerry Smartphone and the PlayBook then attempt to use BlackBerry Bridge again.

Should you require further information on this subject, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you again for contacting us."
    I have all options selected under Serial Port Profile and my Bridge works. Weird.
    04-23-11 11:23 PM
    I have all options selected under Serial Port Profile and my Bridge works. Weird.
    I bet that it's for selected service books that needed this work around.
    04-23-11 11:29 PM
    Alright- back in business. Would have been nice to get this email from RIM too.
    04-23-11 11:48 PM
    Ok a bit frustrated, I can't get my torch to bridge with playbook. Running .526.

As I was typing the above, I was not able to save the map options after unselectiong all the check boxes.

But what did work was unselecting service books except data and that worked.

THANKS A BUNCH
    04-23-11 11:50 PM
    I can't seem to uncheck these options and save it. Won't let me. I can get a connection with Bridge it's just significantly slower than my phone browser.
    04-24-11 11:58 AM
    ive tried it all too. by process of elimination I determined it must be an issue with on of the service books. regardless, this worked!!!

maybe we should take all bridge fixes and compile them into a separate sticky?
    04-24-11 12:04 PM
    Ok- I can report that a day later all still works. this fix seems pretty solid. In fact I went back and updated my 9780 to .534 and it still works, even after reboots and power offs.

The way I got the e-mail was to open a ticket and then work with their CS agents. They showed me how to send a log file from the HELP app on the PB- see separate post on this, and once they had the LOG file I got the above response 2 hours later on a Saturday on Easter Weekend. VERY pleased with the Service shown here.

I would love to Sticky this at the top since so many seem to be having the Bridge issue and I see so many posts about it, but as the OP I feel etiquette prevents me from asking.
    Last edited by Fonz0; 04-24-11 at 12:38 PM. Reason: More info
    04-24-11 12:35 PM
    I second that.

Ok- I can report that a day later all still works. this fix seems pretty solid. The way i got the e-mail was to open a ticket and then work with their CS agents. They also showed me how to send a log file from the HELP app on the PB- see separate post on this, and once they had the LOG file I got the above response 2 hours later on a Saturday on Easter Weekend. VERY pleased with the Service shown here.

I would love to Sticky this at the top since so many seem to be having the Bridge issue and I see so many posts about it, but as the OP I feel etiquette prevents me from asking.
    04-24-11 12:37 PM
    Does this fix issues with the bridge browser?? Mine works for 5 min stops for 5 then works again.
    04-24-11 12:41 PM
    wow it really works thanks for the info i'm using the torch with att although i couldn't uncheck the options either all the other steps did manage to work.
    04-24-11 02:51 PM
    Thank you! This worked like a charm. Now I just need to reboot to test it but am at familys house without a charger and torch battery is low. Will report back.
    04-24-11 04:43 PM
    does this fix the issue of the file explorer? havent been able to see my files via the bridge on my playbook off my 9800
    04-24-11 06:34 PM
    Just got home and charged my phone. Pulled battery a few times and each and every time the bridge automagically reconnected no problem. The bridge browser is still laggy but that is expected the way it works. Also the file explorer still will not let you view anything but folders.
    04-24-11 09:52 PM
    this workaround worked for me im finally bridged! However I wonder if we will have other problems with our phones now? has any one had any other problems? ...im using a Bold 9780 running .448 OS on T-mobile...im loving T-mobile.

I jumped the AT&T ship as soon as i found out that they were blocking the bridge app on launch day. i didn't even try the workarounds for att, i just got soooo sick of att's restrictions. Dont want to sound like a commercial but T-Mobile has a better bold (more memory, better camera) and they dont block or try and restrict you from tethering or unlocking phones. Im so glad I left AT&T!!! Im free!!!!!!
    04-25-11 02:11 AM
    i had to add something about the fix. in the bluetooth settings on your phone if you disable the dial up function and the a/v controls, you will not be able to tether or control your music with the audio controls on your bluetooth headset.

i hope this helps someone. we dont want to lose function, we want to gain here.
    04-25-11 09:27 AM
    Wow.

This worked for me.

I am on 526 ATT

Unchecking the MAP options did not work for it, it wouldnt save, on 3 tries

What did work was leaving HANDSFREE and HEADSET and DATA check, uncheck everything else.

It did not work on the first reboot, nor the second reboot.

On the third reboot, I changed the MAP OPTION from showing new messages from 20000 to 5000 (I have 15k emails on my phone, one month worth, and unchecked it)

Scanning in The playbook did not work.

I had to MANUALLY type in some code displayed on the playbook "3" times before it finally paired up and connected. But who cares, it works

I also rebooted a few times and it still works.

Thanks to the OP
    04-25-11 12:09 PM
    Did anyone try to reply to an email show in bridge on the playbook?

When I hit SEND, it locks up both my playbook and the Torch.

Thanks

** Update:

I noticed that if you reply to an email right after it connects, or after a reboot, it will hang any replies. Trick is to wait, wait till the bridge connection is solid and settled I guess.

Works great now.
    Last edited by concepts99; 04-25-11 at 12:25 PM.
    04-25-11 12:14 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD