It shows a generic photo icon and NOT a thumbnail. So you are right - you are shooting blind unless your have renamed your photos with a meaningful name. But img_994.jpg is kind of useless.

And the spinner takes its time - probably depends on the size/resolution of the picture. As I think about it in the context of a thread of BT bandwidth and how long it takes to display a single picture, I don't see the pb ever really being able to play music/videos using the Bridge app which people ask about.
    06-11-11 05:18 PM
    Wow I just went back and tried again. I can now see my phone's pics. Sweet. It does just show file names, so that makes it a bit more challenging to find the right one. Taking a screen cap worked great.
    Ittles likes this.
    06-11-11 05:24 PM
    Finally after two days of work it works as it should.

Was having same issue after the OS update � phone photos file names finally showed up but wouldn�t open. So initially tried the backup, security wipe, reconnect WiFi, reestablish bridge. Wow � can now see the phone photos. Next restore of applications and data through the desktop. Darn!!! Back to square one � can�t see the photos. Try restore from desktop to include settings. Whoops � worse than ever. Even though receive notifications through the bridge, can�t do anything bridged. Tap on any of the bridge icons and absolutely nothing happens. Disconnecting and reconnecting bridge changes nothing so�

Second approach: make copies on PC of all data folders on tablet that contain anything. Do another security wipe, reconnect WiFi, delete tablet from phone bridge and reestablish bridge again. Looking good so far. Go to App World, My Apps, Uninstalled tab and reinstall all apps that I wanted back. Still looking good! Finally, copy back all the data folders. Finally everything working well and corrected at least one app that hadn�t functioned properly since the OS update � BedBuzz. Can open the phone photos, although still can�t really do anything with them. Was hoping there would be a way of easily moving or copying them from phone to tablet but if there is I haven�t found it.

IT SHOULDN�T BE THIS HARD!!
    06-17-11 05:31 AM
    Assuming a security wipe and not a debrick, could someone please detail the process of doing the backup and then restore where you don't lose the demo video, your bookmarks, or other data?
    06-29-11 03:16 PM
    I will allow anyone who has done the SECURITY WIPE to step forward if they have retained (or restored) the video.

I lost the video doing the Security Wipe. And in a FAILED experiment (really failed), I tried doing a Restore yesterday from a Desktop Manager (DM) backup.

More - first before doing the security wipe I manually backed up my folders (videos, mp3's, docs, pictures, etc) using Windows' explorer. About 16 gigs.

Then using DM I backed up apps and settings (and whatever else but NOT media).

I did security wipe. I restored apps/settings/whatever using DM. I restored my other stuff, again, using Win Explorer - drag/drop. Demo Video was gone.

Now back to the FAILED experiment. Since when I first got the pb, I did a backup of everything, I was hoping maybe the video had been part of that backup. So yesterday I used that initial backup in a DM restore operation. FAILED - not only did I not get the video back but DM restored all of my data (videos, camera pics, photos, docs and subfolders) to their state back in April - it OVERWROTE any video, pictures, subfolders, etc that had been added since April. So I lost stuff. I guess I had expected it might merge or add back stuff that had been deleted but not entirely over-write newer stuff. It was almost like a partial security wipe but only aimed at data and particularly media. I think I was lucky because I had not added that much since I did the Security Wipe but I did lose some newer pictures I took. Learn something new every day. Oh, and the hd demo video is still GONE. (I think debrick may be the only way but maybe someone did manage to keep/restore that video doing a backup/restore using DM).

There's my story.

By the way, there are some incredible HD time-lapse videos on vimeo.com which I think rival the demo video in their wonderful demonstration of the pb's screen. I do miss the turtle!
    Last edited by F2; 06-29-11 at 03:50 PM.
    06-29-11 03:46 PM
    Finally did the security wipe, restore and now the bridge can't see anything on my phones sd card. I am worse off then I was, at least the pictures showed up though I could not open them. Any suggestions?
    06-29-11 04:39 PM
    I had the same issue of not being able to display JPG from card.

I used this method to re-load the OS and now I can display JPG from SD card and kept the demo video (although a shorter version of it).

This works for PB's in Canada and probably US. I cannot account for this method working for PB outside these 2 regions.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/pl...o-gone-611098/

Step 1: Connect your PlayBook to your PC via MicroUSB cable and open Desktop Manager
    Step 2: Backup your PlayBook! This install process is a CLEAN WIPE. You'll lose all data.
    Step 3: Within Desktop Manager, hit Device > Update on the menu.
    Step 4: No Update will be found. Just hit ok and go back to Desktop Manager homescreen.
    Step 5. From there, while still plugged in, Restart your PlayBook using the power button app.
    Step 6. A new popup window will appear giving you some options. Hit Update.
    Step 7: Let that baby update and you'll be on the latest software. Warning: it takes a while

Thanks Dim-Ize for the write up.
    06-29-11 05:01 PM
    Finally did the security wipe, restore and now the bridge can't see anything on my phones sd card. I am worse off then I was, at least the pictures showed up though I could not open them. Any suggestions?
    You could try a simple reboot (power on, volup, voldown at the same time). Try another security wipe or debrick. Oh, reboot phone. Remove/reinstall bridge? Just throwing out suggestions.

Also, make sure your phone is not plugged into usb where the mass storage mode might be disengaged.

I've got the 9650, too and mine works.
    06-29-11 06:44 PM
    this issue has been fixed in the newest update ... all pictures open up now
    07-19-11 10:38 AM
    this issue has been fixed in the newest update ... all pictures open up now
    Yup. Getting better with every update.
    07-19-11 10:54 AM
    Ya, works great for me! I didn't even know about this before.
    07-19-11 11:07 AM
86 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD