I have been getting great value from this community but have never posted - so first Thank you! Second i have diligently searched for this issue and have not found it so here goes my first post:

I use my playbook with the apple blue tooth mini keyboard, and do quite a bit of work, take meeting notes etc. this way. A new issue started at some point over the last 60 days it seems that i can type an email up without difficulty but when i hit send, the send button on the screen is dim and doesn't respond. After playing around or twiddling my thumbs bored i discovered that here seems to be a correlation between waking up my phone (meaning just getting the screen to come on) and the send button becoming highlighted and or if it was highlighted but paused (i wont say frozen) that is the very second it will actually send.

It is to the point now that when emailing i just keep waking up the dimmer function in my 9810 screen so that i can keep moving.

Is there a possible correlation or have i invented a superstition that seems to work? Is anyone else seeing this?
    11-27-11 12:13 PM
    Do you have any power saving apps on the phone that could be turning off or powering down things like bt or 3g?
    11-27-11 12:34 PM
    Thanks for your reply - good thinking.

I do have BatteryBooster a $4.99 app installed but that is only in the last week. To your point I will still disengage the 3g battery saver options to be sure but for this thread (due to having the issue weeks longer than the app), please assume that did not resolve it. It wouldn't be the Bluetooth I wouldn't think as that would cause PB to lock out the bridge email instantly even if temporary.

I wonder what could be causing it.
    11-27-11 01:31 PM
    Hi everyone,

This is still an issue. I can now absolutely connect the playbook stopping connecting (I would describe it a pausing in connection) when the Torch 9810 backlit goes out. This happens when i am using a blue tooth keyboard as described above, but also when i am just using the playbook connected with the Torch and doing email or bridge browsing etc. For example i am typing this post and the backlight is dark. When complete i will hit submit reply on the web page and the blue bar along the top will hang.... until i wake up my Torch then the blue bar will accelerate and the page will update.

I reduced the impact by extending the backlight option on the the Torch to two minutes (lthe longest option) but when doing email or browsing this is still a pain and i feel silly sitting next to ipad owners in meetings who don't need to do this...

who else has seen this and are there any suggestions?

note: I did completely un-install the battery life extender app mentoned above by F2 just in case but this didn't fix it. i have left it off for now. Thanks for your reply F2
    12-15-11 10:10 AM
    Have you tried a battery pull? That's a strange issue.
    12-15-11 10:20 AM
    Someone else having the same problem. I have not yet found a solution but wanted to echo the OP so he/she knows they are not alone!

The Hankster
    12-15-11 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD