Hi, I am 2 days into owning my Playbook, so far so good, very impressed.

I have one small issue / question: when I select Bridge Email, and go to compose a new email, when I enter a name into the To. or CC. field it doesn't seem to find a name from the Bridge Contacts / Address Book (or any address book for that matter) Therefore I have to type in the full email address e.g [email protected] etc

In the native email, as soon as I start to type John....it lists all the "john" contacts. However in the Bridge Email (my work email) it doesn't. It obviously does this on my BB handset but not on the Playbook.

Is this possible or does this feature not exist?

Thanks

Nath
    09-28-12 05:27 AM
    Yes, this feature does exist. Make sure that Contacts are enabled on your BB phone in the Bridge Device Properties option. It should bring up the contact list from your phone as you type in the To or CC fields.
    09-28-12 06:52 AM
    I spoke to BB customer support and they said the Bridge email does not talk to Bridge Contacts, therefore it should not actually work as native mail. But he did say this maybe rectified in a future software release.

However you're saying it does find email addresses on the bridge.....youre lucky
    09-28-12 01:56 PM
    Hi, I am 2 days into owning my Playbook, so far so good, very impressed.

I have one small issue / question: when I select Bridge Email, and go to compose a new email, when I enter a name into the To. or CC. field it doesn't seem to find a name from the Bridge Contacts / Address Book (or any address book for that matter) Therefore I have to type in the full email address e.g [email protected] etc

In the native email, as soon as I start to type John....it lists all the "john" contacts. However in the Bridge Email (my work email) it doesn't. It obviously does this on my BB handset but not on the Playbook.

Is this possible or does this feature not exist?

Thanks

Nath
    Is it a company phone or PlayBook?

It's works on my PlayBook. Go into Bridge on your phone, select Device Properties and make sure Contacts has a check mark beside it. In fact, since you're in there just select everything.

If still no luck, do a battery pull on the phone and a hard reset on the PlayBook.

To do a hard reset, hold down both volume keys then simultaneously hold down the Power button until the screen goes blank.

Good luck.
    09-28-12 02:13 PM
    Stewart you're a legend. That worked a treat. So much for the BB Customer service
    09-28-12 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD