PlayBook OS 1.0.7.2942

BlackBerry 9700 OS 6.0.0 with Bridge 1.0.5.6

Email via BES

The symptoms are as follows, e-mail will only show the header, the content remains blank unless you select "more" on the BlackBerry 9700 after which you can then view the e-mail content. This behavior has only started to happen after todays software updates to the PB OS and Bridge. I am also unable to download any e-mail attachments, the attachment icon appears with the header info but says "Attachment too large" when you attempt to open the file. I can view attachments on the Blackberry 9700 no problem. I have reinstalled BB Bridge and caried out a full security wipe on the PB with absolutely no improvement. I have also reformatted the card on the BB 9700. I can view photos on the BB 9700 media card no problem.
    08-25-11 04:38 PM
    BIS 3.0 can fix it.
    The bad thing is that it is only for the OS7 devices.
    08-25-11 04:40 PM
    I have precisely the same problem, except that until recently, I was able to open attachments under about 60 kB. Around the time that update 2670 was released, my carrier pushed a new version of OS6 to my 9700 and I've been unable to open attachments of any size. At least with 2942, the PB tells me why the attachment won't open.

Frustrating.
    08-25-11 10:05 PM
    we have Blackberry Professional Software 4.1 SP 4 on the server and i now think that this is where most of the problem is. I do not think RIM support this anymore so i am looking into getting BES Express which is free but is not an upgrade so i expect at least a full day of professional services to get it up and running. does anyone know if i need an activation code / key first...? my mobile phone provider is giving the impression that i need to sign a new contract...? is this true..?
    08-29-11 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD