I have a strange problem with the bridge e-mail on my playbook. When I open it, it comes up with the normal white screen and the little green circle, but then flashes to a black screen, then back to the white screen over and over. I have tried rebooting both the phone and playbook, deleted bluetooth connection and tried deleting some e-mails, but nothing seems to work.

BBM, Calendar, Contacts all seem to work fine, only the message app is affected. I am running 1.08. I have had the playbook since October and haven't had any issues like this before.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bob
    01-18-12 07:39 AM
    I'd turn bluetooth off on both devices, do a battery pull on the handheld and turn the PB off. After the handheld had properly booted back to life, turn the PB on and finally bluetooth on both devices back to on.

See if it helps.
    01-18-12 09:14 AM
    I'd turn bluetooth off on both devices, do a battery pull on the handheld and turn the PB off. After the handheld had properly booted back to life, turn the PB on and finally bluetooth on both devices back to on.

See if it helps.
    I tried that earlier, didn't help at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-12 10:00 AM
    I tried that earlier, didn't help at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have the same problem. If you search the forms you should find some solutions. (Work arounds). It looks like a file on the playbook gets corrupted and you will have to wipe and reload os to fix. or use something like the bridge worke around.
    01-18-12 10:33 AM
    I wouldn't go as far as reloading either OS, geez whiz! Try clearing your bridge connections and devices from bluetooth, restart, then reconnect your devices. If that doesn't work then unistall bridge on your BB, restart then reinstall.
    diegonei likes this.
    01-18-12 10:45 AM
    You might also want to backup your email on the phone and then clean them all off. Reboot pb. See if that rectifies the situation. Restore the email and try again.
    01-18-12 11:07 AM
    unfortunately I think a wipe and reload is the only thing left to try, nothing else seems to work.

I will let you know if I am successful.

Bob
    01-18-12 11:52 AM
    unfortunately I think a wipe and reload is the only thing left to try, nothing else seems to work.

I will let you know if I am successful.

Bob
    Yeah sorry Bob , I'm going to wait for the next update as I'm using a work around for bridge email. But as I said I have also tried everything . I deleated all email accounts off phone and tried each seperatly with no luck . Wiped phone as I was upgrading os and switched to my old storm 9550 and still had same problem. Have found others since with this problem and that's why I suggested searching as you will find some have even called customer support and been told to reload os on the pb.
    01-18-12 12:55 PM
    Fixed it. I did a wipe, restore, was still broken. Reinstalled os in phone, still broken. I wiped and restored to earlier back up and voila!!!!

The problem must be in one of the settings because I backup once a week and haven't changed anything significantly during that period.

Thanks for the help
    01-18-12 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD