I got my PB about 3 weeks ago. I have been having issues with my bb's bridge app. Basically if I had to restart my bb, I would have to uninstall and reinstall the app and try and reset my device half a dozen times before MAYBE it could reconnect. I got to the point that the bridge folder and icons disappeared from my pb. A reset and wipe did not fix this. I noticed that the main issue was I couldn't turn off MAP services as indicated by the bridge app. After trying the version on rroyy's site to no avail and mounting frustration, I called Tmo, they transferred me to RIM. RIM CS team kept trying to determine if it was a PB team issue or a BB team issue. After about 4 hours and them having me do a software restore on my PB, system wiped and reloaded phone and the phone connection disconnecting after being on the last call for an hour with RIM - I gave up. (Tmo and RIM really did try to help). It kept dawning on me for the past week though that at the beginning of the year with the craze of having a 'better'6.0 OS, I may not have the official Tmo OS. I did have an official one but not from Tmo. Long story short, I loaded the official Tmo OS on my bb and voila, no more bridge issues! I did an extensive search online but couldn't find this being specifically stated anywhere so I thought I'd share. Love my bb and pb even more now.
    12-27-11 08:04 AM
    Which BB do you have? I picked up my PB on launch day and had no problem with the Bridge. I have a T-Mobile (awesome company all-around) BB9700 so i updated from OS5 to OS6. Once i did this, the Bridge stopped working. I restarted, uninstalled, installed and set up again with my PB. I was on the phone with RIM for about an hour since they had me downgrade back to OS5. Once I downgraded, the Bridge worked flawlessly (well, minus the BBM Groups coming through using Bridge...I still can't figure that out and RIM has yet to fix this).

I do my upgrades via Unsupported Browser. I did see a few blogs back in April that had the same situations with regards to Bridge working with OS6 on TMO.
    12-27-11 08:51 AM
    It kept dawning on me for the past week though that at the beginning of the year with the craze of having a 'better'6.0 OS, I may not have the official Tmo OS. I did have an official one but not from Tmo.
    What did you learn from this experience? Hint: Do NOT run unofficial device software on your BlackBerry devices and then come complaining when something breaks. Oh, did not mention your foray into unofficial device software to the support representatives at either TMO or RIM?
    12-27-11 08:58 AM
    I have the 9780. Also i am not complaining nor did I post this to complain BB9700CA. I felt this may help others who may have this issue. Also, I completely forgot about what OS I had on my bb. As you can see I stated tmo and rim did try to help.
    Last edited by yaabeng; 12-27-11 at 09:28 AM.
    12-27-11 09:23 AM
    Thanks for sharing. It may help others in the future. Try to ignore that arrogance.
    12-27-11 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD