So I was showing off my playbook to a co-worker yesterday and when I clicked on the bridge calendar, I got the normal full screen blackberry logo but nothing happened. A few seconds later, the entire device froze and I had to do a reboot.

This morning, I was able to replicate the same issue with no other apps running. Bridge is connected, click on calendar, tries to launch, then freezes the device.

I was working a few days ago, not sure what changed. Bridge email and contacts work just fine.

Any ideas?

Playbook with 1.0.6.2390
    Bridge to Curve 8530
    06-23-11 04:34 AM
    1. Make sure you have the latest bridge. v 1.0.0.93
    2. If you do then turn on your BB turn Bridge Off, then back On.
    3. If that doesn't work then delete the pair on your BB and re Pair.
    4. Back up your Playbook, do a Security Wipe and start again.

1. Would have been restart your PB but you've tried that.
    4. Is time consuming but made a big difference to my PB.

The other suggestion would be to make sure you have the latest OS for your BB Curve. Bridge needs a current OS.
    Last edited by Rgainsmi; 06-23-11 at 07:16 AM.
    06-23-11 07:13 AM
    Reboot both your devices. Do a battery pull on your BB.
    06-23-11 07:47 AM
    Reboot both your devices. Do a battery pull on your BB.
    I had the same problem last night and just now. Doing a hard reset on the PB (hold the power button until it shuts off) and pulling the battery on my 9700 worked.
    06-23-11 08:48 AM
    No dude, I'm speaking from experience. This happened to me and I solved it without performing a security wipe.
    I once had a BBM notification and it wouldn't go away. I was about to do a security wipe, when my phone started to act weird. I rebooted my phone, my PB also and bam, no stuck BBM notification anymore.
    06-23-11 08:52 AM
    No dude, I'm speaking from experience. This happened to me and I solved it without performing a security wipe.
    I once had a BBM notification and it wouldn't go away. I was about to do a security wipe, when my phone started to act weird. I rebooted my phone, my PB also and bam, no stuck BBM notification anymore.
    Sorry for my original post that I have since deleted. As you can see I did what you suggested and it worked. My only suggestion would be to let us know that it happened to you and this is what you did. Too many people here post solutions they think will work. Again I'm sorry if I offended you.
    06-23-11 08:56 AM
    Sorry for my original post that I have since deleted. As you can see I did what you suggested and it worked. My only suggestion would be to let us know that it happened to you and this is what you did. Too many people here post solutions they think will work. Again I'm sorry if I offended you.
    That's cool. I'm not quickly offended, so you're cool.

I'm glad it worked out. Thanks for letting us know.
    And sure, I had to be more consequent about the explanation I gave.
    06-23-11 08:58 AM
    Security Wipe is a pain. Its a last resort but fixed many issues I had inc,

Video would only record for 8-12 seconds before error
    Slow shutter on the still camera
    Slow web browser
    Icons in bridge, media, and Favorites tab would vanish randomly
    06-23-11 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD