The PB Bridge browser always returns error messages when attempting to access sites requiring user name/password. Will the bridge ever be able to do this or is it just an arch issue? The Blackberry has no problem with these sites.
    04-25-11 06:57 PM
    i have the same issue. I do not get any error messages thou - just a blank white screen. Works fine on regular browser. is the site HTTPS ??

Crazy of RIM to release bridge browser that is so buggy.
    04-28-11 11:50 AM
    Yep, this is a known Playbook issue(bug). I'm still not able to log in here with the bridged browser.

That definitely needs to be fixed with are next PB update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-11 12:00 PM
    Yea we all have this bug and its a HUGE problem. It renders serious web use impossible via the bridge.

I don't know why something this major was allowed to go unfixed before launch. Some issues are understandable but without a way to log into accounts, the bridge browser isn't good for much more than watching pretty pictures.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-11 01:03 PM
    well from my observation, some websites do work with the bridge browser when entering password info. l have only found issues with forums. i can log into my bank accounts and other non-forum websites.
    04-28-11 01:32 PM
    Is this a playbook issue or a phone browser issue? If i remember right i can access some log ins from my phone but some i cant.
    04-28-11 02:00 PM
    Bridge browser will not handle bank, credit card or plain web sites needing passwords like Crackberry forums. Other browser handles all just fine.
    04-28-11 03:07 PM
    That's because password are sent encrypted and somehow, the Playbook Bridge Browser do not like encryption. Try replacing http with https and you'll get a message that you can't download data (or something like that).
    04-28-11 04:22 PM
    Bridge browser will not handle bank, credit card or plain web sites needing passwords like Crackberry forums. Other browser handles all just fine.
    i was able to log into my bank of america and astoria federal bank accounts with the bridge browser. i suspect its a bridge problem because through wifi ALL password sites i have tried worked flawlessly.
    04-29-11 12:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD