if i use the bridge browser, i assume that my internet use is then "covered" by my deal with my phone supplier (Rogers)...but if i am at home and use WiFi to connect and then use just the PlayBook browser -- would that then count as data from my home ISP which is Cogeco cable?

i.e. two diff ways to connect via which browser I use and therefore the data would go on diff suppliers too?

Do i have that correct?

Jim
    01-17-12 07:54 PM
    what...no.one knows this???

Jim
    01-24-12 08:54 PM
    You sir, are correct.
    01-24-12 09:00 PM
    if im not mistaken, you can just use the regular browser at all times, and the pb knows the difference. if you have wifi, it chooses and uses that by default. no wifi, and it will resort to the bridge connection/data.
    01-24-12 09:04 PM
    When bridged with no wifi, there used to be a difference when RIM didn't allow connection through bridge other than the bridge apps. When RIM opened up the taps and allow third party apps and other apps to access the bridge connection, the bridge browser is basically useless.

If you are using the regular and the bridge browser at the same time (on wifi and bridged), then the bridge browser will be using the bridge connection, rather than wifi.
    01-24-12 09:12 PM
    if i use the bridge browser, i assume that my internet use is then "covered" by my deal with my phone supplier (Rogers)...but if i am at home and use WiFi to connect and then use just the PlayBook browser -- would that then count as data from my home ISP which is Cogeco cable?

i.e. two diff ways to connect via which browser I use and therefore the data would go on diff suppliers too?

Do i have that correct?

Jim
    Quite correct. If you use Bridge Browser you're riding on RIM's NOC. At home, yes, your wifi use is counting against whatever bandwidth cap may be in place.

BUT... For one thing, you're likely to be enjoying better Internet bandwidth in general over your home network, and if you're just browsing your traffic is negligible. I don't know if you're making use of the 2.0 Developer Preview, but if not, you're going to LOOOOVE browsing after the update drops. I'm consistently seeing 65 Mb network speeds on wifi.
    01-24-12 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD