I have AT&T. The new upgrade is great but am still not able to use the browser if my wifi is off. I have wifi in the on position on my telephone and bridge in the on mode on my playbook.

Does this require the Bridge OTA? If so, do I delete my current Bridge app and install off this website? Please help. One more question, how do I determine which version to run (5, 6 or 7). thanks
    08-28-11 03:20 PM
    yes get the ota bridge. Get the version that matches your phone OS. On your phone you need to go to about screen and see the vx.x.x.xxx right before platform number.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-11 03:30 PM
    I have AT&T. The new upgrade is great but am still not able to use the browser if my wifi is off. I have wifi in the on position on my telephone and bridge in the on mode on my playbook.

Does this require the Bridge OTA? If so, do I delete my current Bridge app and install off this website? Please help. One more question, how do I determine which version to run (5, 6 or 7). thanks
    use the ota you can download it at www.rroyy.com/ota/
    illini2097 likes this.
    08-28-11 04:15 PM
    This is a great update. We are able to use the bridge to connect to the internet. The concern I have is ATT will find a way to charge us even if you are using the OTA bridge.
    08-28-11 10:25 PM
    Has anyone confirmed if ATT are finding out about the data bridge with no tethering plan a and bumping bills up?

I'm very interested I. A PlayBook but have no **.e wifi. Will be relying on the bridge to the torch to make the PlayBook work at home.

08-29-11 12:04 AM
    I have been Bridging since it was first made available OTA and so far there has been no extra charge from AT&T.
    08-29-11 06:20 AM
    This is a great update. We are able to use the bridge to connect to the internet. The concern I have is ATT will find a way to charge us even if you are using the OTA bridge.
    I have been using since release date with no problem. My understanding is that since the bridge data uses the blackberry servers, the carrier only sees the amount of data, but can not detect if its from phone usage or Playbook usage.
    08-29-11 08:11 AM
    Has anyone confirmed if ATT are finding out about the data bridge with no tethering plan a and bumping bills up?

I'm very interested I. A PlayBook but have no **.e wifi. Will be relying on the bridge to the torch to make the PlayBook work at home.

Its my understadning that AT&T will not be able to see the PB's IP address via the bridge so they have no way of knowing if you're using your BB or the PB. Bet its driving them crazy over there..............LOL!
    08-29-11 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD