What is the difference between the bridge browser and the normal browser?
    I am typing this outside wifi range, therefore through the bridge, but I have used the normal browser where I have all my bookmarks, rather than the bridge browser.
    Thanks.
    11-11-11 07:21 AM
    What is the difference between the bridge browser and the normal browser?
    I am typing this outside wifi range, therefore through the bridge, but I have used the normal browser where I have all my bookmarks, rather than the bridge browser.
    Thanks.
    Now u dont have to use the bridge browser anymore even when ur using the bridge outside wifi range. A latest update allows u to use most apps that need internet access without having to use the bridge anymore.
    So, now u can have all ur bookmarks even outside wifi.... try it
    11-11-11 07:54 AM
    Exactly what I was doing.
    11-11-11 08:03 AM
    I think the change was for BES users who I think can only use the bridge browser for certain things and bb balance might have something to do with it also.

Now if they could just fix the hanging, pausing and crashing of the browser while using bridge.
    11-11-11 08:32 AM
    so heres a strange question:
    how do you reset your bridge browser username and password.

When I booted my playbook for the first time, i was greeted by a request for a username and password to log into my bridge browser but umm, i havent the slightest idea what those credentials would be. So I would like to reset it? I guess ?

...or am I missing something ?
    11-25-11 04:25 PM
    Sorry, I've never needed a bridge browser name or password. Are you on a BES?
    11-25-11 04:29 PM
    Where did you log on (or boot) the first time? Could you have been in a coffee shop or hotel or similar where you needed a log on to use their wifi system? Or your access code to use a router (wep, wpa)?
    11-25-11 05:31 PM
    i was at home via my wifi, and yes im on BES.

ill try the user and passwords for both
    11-25-11 07:20 PM
    Are trying to use wifi or are you trying to use bridge and the wifi browser?
    11-25-11 08:01 PM
    Can someone explain whether I should be using the bridge browser when I am relying on the bridge connection? Is it supposed to reduce the content and operate faster than the native browser?
    01-11-12 12:11 PM
    Can someone explain whether I should be using the bridge browser when I am relying on the bridge connection? Is it supposed to reduce the content and operate faster than the native browser?
    Yes, sort of. Bridge browser is a mobile browser to web sites and as such uses less data. Playbook browser get the full web site and incurs a bigger data hit as a result.

Also, if security is an issue, bridge browser keeps all history and so on locked away on your BB phone so if you lose your PlayBook but used the bridge browser for things like banking and so on, no real dangerous info will be left on the playbook. I do that myself, just in case.
    01-11-12 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD