I just picked up a 32g playbook yesterday and so far I am very impressed! I was wondering if anyone has had troubles watching videos online with the bridge browser, sites load no problem with it but videos won't play through it. Anyone think they might work through tethering??

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by 03chillinkoot; 12-27-11 at 04:20 PM.
    12-27-11 01:14 PM
    What videos and you aren't aren't using the browser in the bridge section are you? If so try the normal browser, it works over bridge.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-27-11 01:26 PM
    Are you bridging through your Blackberry or are you on wifi? Either way, you can use the regular native browser rather than the bridge browser. It works better. Bridge browser was there primarily for the early versions of the operating system and early versions of bridge. With the current updates, the regular native browser works fine through bridging. You really don't need to use the bridge browser for much anymore. I have not tried tethering because my carrier (Verizon) insists that I have a tethering plan to do so.
    12-27-11 01:40 PM
    The bridge browser is actually for a BES account to use to access corporate accounts I think.
    12-27-11 01:46 PM
    yes, i have same problem with some online radios on bridge but no problem with youtube at all
    12-27-11 02:31 PM
    Are you bridging through your Blackberry or are you on wifi? Either way, you can use the regular native browser rather than the bridge browser. It works better. Bridge browser was there primarily for the early versions of the operating system and early versions of bridge. With the current updates, the regular native browser works fine through bridging. You really don't need to use the bridge browser for much anymore. I have not tried tethering because my carrier (Verizon) insists that I have a tethering plan to do so.
    I am using strictly my blackberry (disabled wifi) I am trying to view live tv on certain broadcasters websites. I will try the native browser though to see if that works I only tried the bridge browser. I am able to view the videos over wifi with no issues, the problem is I will be up north over the weekend (no wifi access) and was hoping to stream the hockey game!

12-27-11 04:19 PM
    Using the bridge to your phone, limits the speed to the bluetooth. So it will be a slower connection than WiFi. I think.
    12-27-11 04:24 PM
    still no luck with video playback on the native browser. i am going to see if i can get tethering added to my plan, maybe it'll work better, apparently there is no extra charge with rogers as long as you have over 1gb of data.
    12-27-11 07:41 PM
    Lets us know how the tether works out for you. It should be a little faster but still limited by bluetooth. I can watch videos for example cnn.com but there is a long buffer before it plays. It gets a choppy too sometimes. Tether may be enough to smooth it out.
    I use a 9800 on att network.
    12-27-11 08:08 PM
    Bridge Browser is really more for intranet and BES than BIS and usual surfing. It will have trouble dealing with a lot of stuff so unless you need it, just stick with the default browser.
    12-27-11 08:27 PM
    So called Rogers today and got my plan switched to 1gb of data, (only an extra $2.00 a month) now with tethering. Tried streaming live tv from my blackberry and works perfect! watched about 5 mins and it only stopped a couple times to buffer for a few seconds. Now i'll be able to watch the world jrs hockey at the cottage! Thanks to everyone for your input and help.
    12-28-11 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD