Hello!
    I just got my Playbook (lov�n' it!), but now I'm not sure how to use it best:

I have 3 mail account (2 private, 1 for work, no BES) plus Facebook.

As you "may" know, I can use both the native calender and mail program as well as the bridge ones with my 9700.
    But it's quite redundant to have both active as I always have my Bold connected via bridge.

How do you use the different programs?

BTW: I would like to have the same calender etc. on 9700 and PB ('cause I don't always have my PB with me), that's why I oly use bridge programs at the moment.
    What would you recommend in my case?

Greets!
    Botz
    05-15-12 10:59 AM
    I have my PC calendar, PB and BB phone calendars all synced using Google calendar only as the sync agent. It's worked well for me. Any entry on any device and all are synced. I actually never interface with the Google Calendar at all, it's just my relay.

As for mail, I've never used the native app, I'm bridged and prefer to not have the redundancy. On my work PB, native email is disabled. All mail accounts (4) are through phone and PC only.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 05-15-12 at 11:45 AM.
    05-15-12 11:40 AM
    The email I receive on my bbphone is filtered. I do NOT get all of my email from the accounts I've established on the phone - just friends, family and certain others. So the native email could be used to log on to those same accounts and get/check ALL of the email sent to those accounts - PROVIDED Rim fixes the manual sync so it does not kill the battery. I would log on maybe once every few days and check ALL email from those accounts using the Native client.

I do wish rim came out with a better sync system for the CALENDARS and Contacts.
    05-15-12 11:47 AM
    I have my PC calendar, PB and BB phone calendars all synced using Google calendar only as the sync agent. It's worked well for me. Any entry on any device and all are synced. I actually never interface with the Google Calendar at all, it's just my relay.
    Maybe I should also try Google calendar. I think the native calendar app is better than bridge!
    Might bei worth trying as long as there are only a few dates.
    05-15-12 12:19 PM
    Maybe I should also try Google calendar. I think the native calendar app is better than bridge!
    Might bei worth trying as long as there are only a few dates.
    I think so too. The native calendar works well for me and I have it loaded. I actually do most of my event entries on it, but it's nice that it syncs well with my PC and phone.
    05-15-12 12:28 PM
    I've just tried it, and it works well with my PB.
    Just chose MS Exchange ActiveSync...
    I trieb the same on my handheld, just chose Google in BIS and sync calender.
    By now, no items where synced
    Do I have to install a Google mobile app or something? Or just wait?
    Todor Ninov likes this.
    05-15-12 01:04 PM
    If you didn't know, you can select which services get pushed to the playbook. In the bridge app on your phone hit the blackberry button then device properties. From there you can make the selections.
    05-15-12 01:13 PM
    If you didn't know, you can select which services get pushed to the playbook. In the bridge app on your phone hit the blackberry button then device properties. From there you can make the selections.
    I did know
    The problem is that my calender on 9700 is not synced OTA although I made the steps I mentioned.
    That why I asked if I need to install Google Sync on my Bold. (still my question)
    05-15-12 01:18 PM
    I'm not sure with MS Exchange, I don't use it for my PC, but I do know that through Google it can take a few minutes, but usually for me it's less than a minute. It depends on your PB and phone settings. I've noticed that an entry made from my phone takes the longest to sync. When made on the PB or PC, very quick. And you did set up GCalendar for auto sync/push, right?

For me, I would not use Google sync. I had nothing but problems with it and it's not a necessary app. I have had no problems or glitches just syncing through my Google calendar.

Edit: I just entered an event from my phone and it took 5 seconds to sync to my PB.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 05-15-12 at 01:26 PM.
    05-15-12 01:22 PM
    Hmm,
    now it works.
    Took about half an hour on my 9700.
    Not what I'm used to with exchange, but as I know it now, no problem for me.
    I just wondered 'cause it was on my Playbook just a second after I created it online on Google Calender.
    I'm even more happy with my PB now
    THX a lot!
    05-15-12 01:27 PM
    I did know
    The problem is that my calender on 9700 is not synced OTA although I made the steps I mentioned.
    That why I asked if I need to install Google Sync on my Bold. (still my question)
    I don't like Google Sync and have never had to use it. I sync all devices fine without it. To clarify, I'm talking non-bridged syncing.
    05-15-12 01:28 PM
    I don't like Google Sync and have never had to use it. I sync all devices fine without it. To clarify, I'm talking non-bridged syncing.
    Since it wokrs for me w/o Google Sync now, I don't see the point in downloading it now...
    So I agree with you!
    05-15-12 01:34 PM
    Hmm,
    now it works.
    Took about half an hour on my 9700.
    Not what I'm used to with exchange, but as I know it now, no problem for me.
    I just wondered 'cause it was on my Playbook just a second after I created it online on Google Calender.
    I'm even more happy with my PB now
    THX a lot!
    You're saying that you made an entry on the Google calendar and it took 30min to get to your phone? If that's the case, I don't know why that delays like that, but I never do entries on the Google calendar therefore never have that delay. I believe you'll find that if all entries are made on the PC, PB or phone, you won't have that issue. That's my experience. Like I said, I never interact directly with the Google calendar, it's just my sync relay.
    05-15-12 01:36 PM
    You're saying that you made an entry on the Google calendar and it took 30min to get to your phone? If that's the case, I don't know why that delays like that, but I never do entries on the Google calendar therefore never have that delay. I believe you'll find that if all entries are made on the PC, PB or phone, you won't have that issue. That's my experience. Like I said, I never interact directly with the Google calendar, it's just my sync relay.
    It will be the same for me. But as I just created a new Google account I was online and typed some entries.
    05-15-12 01:39 PM
    It will be the same for me. But as I just created a new Google account I was online and typed some entries.
    I see. That too is how I found out about the delay when entered on the Google calendar. I hope that works for you. I've been using this method for about 6 months and so far no issues. Good luck
    05-15-12 01:44 PM
    And what about folks (like me ) that have adopted MS Outlook as the path of least resistance because it's a corporate standard (no BES here). I use DM to sync to my BB, but what would be the slickest way to get my office PDA stuff sync'd with both my BB and PB?

EDIT: Should have noted that native PB calendar would be preferred over bridge.
    Last edited by gjcBold; 05-15-12 at 03:10 PM.
    05-15-12 03:05 PM
    I have seen several threads pertaining to syncing Outlook. I would do a quick search of the forum. Sorry, but at work we're BES and our PBs only can access mail through bridge.
    05-15-12 05:12 PM
    I have my Blackberry and work email going through the bridge, my home email comes to the native client. I sync all three calendars by creating meetings and inviting each of my three emails. That way my work computer, home computer, Blackberry and Playbook calendars all show the same entries.
    Vidge likes this.
    05-15-12 05:13 PM
    My setup is similar to rotorwrench's. I have a couple of my calendars synced through the native calendar but I also have the google calendar app for my work calendar - only because it is shared with 7 ppl and my native calendar was getting too cluttered.

For email i have my personal email on the pb natively - so i don't also sync it through bridge - work emails sync through bridge.

I just noticed outlook mobile app in appworld - however from one of the reviews it looks like there is a cost attached to it. I haven't used outlook for a few years so I can't help there.
    05-15-12 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD