Hello,
    I have been trying this for a couple of days now and I am unable to make this work. \
    Scenior: Blackberry phone 9900
    connection: via usb or wifi
    phone software: Latest bridge software
    Playbook 64 gig
    When I am connect I do see a bridge folder with the bbm,contact and sms text with no problems. What I would like is to copy these over to the playbook and use them as like a standalone progam can this be done?
    If this can be done why could not rim make a stand alone program for this and just add it to the playbook?
    In the app world there is a app from rim called blackberry sms txt for the playbook. Is this a stand alone app that I can use with connect my bold 9900 via bridge wifi or usb.
    Thanks for your help
    10-12-12 08:07 PM
    Not sue what you're asking.

Are the bridge apps able to be stand alone apps on the playbook without the phone? No

Can more than the ones in your bridge folder from your phone be used on the playbook? Yes, if you open bridge on your phone, click the bb key, device properties, then you choose from the check boxes which ones you want to mirror on the playbook from your phone.
    10-13-12 04:50 PM
    There are stand alone PIM apps on the PlayBook. They have been there since OS 2.0. If the issue is having stand alone PIM apps, besides BBM, they are there...

Or are you one of the four guys that downloaded my app and are STILL on 1.0.8?!

There is no "blackberry sms txt" app anywhere in AppWorld - specially none built by RIM. That's a feature from Bridge. Make sure you have he latest version (open AppWorld then Alt RST. It will close. Open again, My World, Updates, and check if Bridge is there).

The other Sms apps in there may or may not be tied to work with a phone. You'd have to check their descriptions.
    10-13-12 10:01 PM
    Hello,
    I have been trying this for a couple of days now and I am unable to make this work. \
    Scenior: Blackberry phone 9900
    connection: via usb or wifi
    phone software: Latest bridge software
    Playbook 64 gig
    When I am connect I do see a bridge folder with the bbm,contact and sms text with no problems. What I would like is to copy these over to the playbook and use them as like a standalone progam can this be done?
    If this can be done why could not rim make a stand alone program for this and just add it to the playbook?
    In the app world there is a app from rim called blackberry sms txt for the playbook. Is this a stand alone app that I can use with connect my bold 9900 via bridge wifi or usb.
    Thanks for your help
    Um not understanding why you want to copy sms,bbm,etc from the bridge folder to the playbook. These are on the playbook to begin with.
    10-13-12 10:49 PM