Hi all I have some questions I hope you can answer as I have not found what I am looking for in other threads.

I am thinking a playbook might work for me. My problem I am trying to work around is a lack of cell service in my house. I have a 9930 and would like to set it inside the window where service is decent. Wireless connect playbook to 9930 and use playbook to browse web, email, text, and make calls. Is this possible thru the "bridge" connection? Is it true that it is no extra cost with verizon? Pros, cons, what can I do, what can't I do with this setup?

The lack of service is due to the construction of my house and affects all carriers I have tried in my house. (Walls are concrete block with aluminum siding over it about a foot thick overall) I do not have internet at home other than on my blackberry.

Thanks
    04-12-12 10:34 PM
    Hi all I have some questions I hope you can answer as I have not found what I am looking for in other threads.

I am thinking a playbook might work for me. My problem I am trying to work around is a lack of cell service in my house. I have a 9930 and would like to set it inside the window where service is decent. Wireless connect playbook to 9930 and use playbook to browse web, email, text, and make calls. Is this possible thru the "bridge" connection? Is it true that it is no extra cost with verizon?

It is and it is.

Pros, cons, what can I do, what can't I do with this setup?

Bridge speeds are limited by Bluetooth signal and by carrier network signal strenght. The worst the latter, the slower the speed the PlayBook will get. You could though use WiFi HotSpot available in OS 7.1 and bypass that. You could still Bridge for the rest of the device interaction and have better speeds.

Obvious pros are all the Bridge features and free PB internet access.

The lack of service is due to the construction of my house and affects all carriers I have tried in my house. (Walls are concrete block with aluminum siding over it about a foot thick overall) I do not have internet at home other than on my blackberry.

Thanks
    As long as you get 3 bars, you should be ok. The more the merrier though...
    jafobabe likes this.
    04-12-12 10:54 PM

I am thinking a playbook might work for me. My problem I am trying to work around is a lack of cell service in my house. I have a 9930 and would like to set it inside the window where service is decent. Wireless connect playbook to 9930 and use playbook to browse web, email, text, and make calls. Is this possible thru the "bridge" connection? Is it true that it is no extra cost with verizon? Pros, cons, what can I do, what can't I do with this setup?

Thanks
    The good part is that you could leave your phone by the window & use the playbook away from the window.
    04-12-12 11:17 PM
    You cannot call or text through bridge currently
    04-12-12 11:23 PM
    If you have wifi, you can use that with the pb and browser and do email.
    04-13-12 12:34 AM
    I do it sometimes when I'm at a friends place.. works perfectly alright.. just try and stay away from some android apps since they don't work really well without a smooth internet connection..
    04-13-12 12:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD