Correct me if i am wrong here...

Weren't there more choices under "Options" before this update?
    10-03-12 05:23 AM
    After installing new BB Bridge, I'm not able to see any difference either on my PlayBook or my BB. Everything looks same. As new update release note says, I'm not able to view and send text messages from my Playbook. Also not able to transfer files from BB to Playbook or Playbook to BB through WiFi network.

Anyone able to view and send text messages from PB?
    I rebooted my devices twice, reconnected my devises twice through bridge but still not lucky enough to view and send text messages. Message (text) icon is missing on my BB Bridge folder on my PB.
    I am on the BETA and just sent an SMS. You will need the new PBOS 2.1.??? first.
    10-03-12 05:24 AM
    Interesting change to the bridge messages app even without the 2.1 OS Update. The tool icon bar (delete, reply, fwd, etc.) has been moved from the bottom of the screen to the right side in the landscape view.
    10-03-12 06:49 AM
    Works great....love it.
    10-03-12 06:52 AM
    Now just waiting on rroyy. Such is the life of an at&t customer...
    rroyy to the rescue... here is the link for the new 2.1.0.26Bridge Update! An AT&T customer exclusive!

RROYY - BlackBerry Bridge
    10-03-12 07:21 AM
    Delete bridge on phone - restart- go back into appworld and reinstall bridge - go to playbook hit bridge and voila!
    This worked for me. I find on my phone I don't see the update when I first go into app world and check for updates. But usually soon after visiting I get update notices.

That didn't happen last night but deleting and reinstalling got it for me this time.

Thanks
    10-03-12 07:22 AM
    I'm on Vodafone in the UK and although App world was showing that an upgrade was available via the yellow writing under the app there wasn't anything to download even if you did alt-rst. Have uninstalled it then reinstalled via App world and it's put the newer version on.

Just thought that this might be of help for anyone in the UK who may be experiencing the same......
    10-03-12 07:24 AM
    Anyone have a reason why app world says 2.1.0.26 and about says 2.1.0.23 other than who cares? Some just didn't update the about screen?
    10-03-12 07:28 AM
    .23 should be for OS5 phones. No harm in loading the version from the sticky. With that one my phone says .26 on a 7.1 OS
    10-03-12 07:37 AM
    No update for me on Rogerw
    10-03-12 07:40 AM
    I'm on Verizon and I have updated my bridge. However, I do not see the availability for text message while bridged. Currently my software on my PB is 2.0.1.668. Am I missing something? If so, would you please let me know? Thanks
    10-03-12 07:54 AM
    After installing new BB Bridge, I'm not able to see any difference either on my PlayBook or my BB. Everything looks same. As new update release note says, I'm not able to view and send text messages from my Playbook. Also not able to transfer files from BB to Playbook or Playbook to BB through WiFi network.

Anyone able to view and send text messages from PB?
    I rebooted my devices twice, reconnected my devises twice through bridge but still not lucky enough to view and send text messages. Message (text) icon is missing on my BB Bridge folder on my PB.
    I'm on ATT and just downloaded rr_yy ATT version of bridge and I don't see any new icon on bridge on PlayBook. I've tried several things but no luck 4 me.
    10-03-12 07:57 AM
    I'm on Verizon and I have updated my bridge. However, I do not see the availability for text message while bridged. Currently my software on my PB is 2.0.1.668. Am I missing something? If so, would you please let me know? Thanks
    You have to be on the 2.1 beta or the official 2.1 whenever that comes.
    jsilvey2351 likes this.
    10-03-12 07:57 AM
    It shows sms received on PB but does not open when I tap on sms messaging icon. Has someone experienced it too?
    10-03-12 08:28 AM
    I couldn't find anything when I did a search, so please forgive me if this is not the right place to post. I am trying to tear thru all this so I can zoom off to work. I just KNOW some of you guys know the answer to my Q.

Awhile back I got a notice on my PB for update to 2.0.1.668 (1MB). I already had that version and saw some were having problems with it, so ignored it. So I have had the update icon ever since.

My Q: Right now there is no way to check for an update with the old one sitting there. Will 2.1 push thru that? Do I have to do something to get rid of it so 2.1 will show?

TIA for any help!
    10-03-12 08:36 AM
    I've never used a rr_yy hybrid bridge app, and bridged browser has always worked with no problem. FINALLY, texting over PB is sweet!!!
    So let me get this straight, you upgraded your bb bridge directly from app world?And the bridge works?
    10-03-12 09:00 AM
    For the revered messiah update it sure is garbage for me, broke every single app i have from android to default ones (eg. NOTHING loads, except browser for some reason).

Oh, and 7 pages of "INSTALLING!!!11!!!" is really useful information, thanks for contributing I'm sure that countless people care very deeply what percentage your at.
    10-03-12 09:01 AM
    For the revered messiah update it sure is garbage for me, broke every single app i have from android to default ones (eg. NOTHING loads, except browser for some reason).

Oh, and 7 pages of "INSTALLING!!!11!!!" is really useful information, thanks for contributing I'm sure that countless people care very deeply what percentage your at.
    Your comment was about as useful as those 7 pages so chill out, homeslice.
    10-03-12 09:05 AM
    mine didn't give an update notice..... but downloading now
    10-03-12 09:14 AM
    So let me get this straight, you upgraded your bb bridge directly from app world?And the bridge works?
    that's what I'm doing now, PB installing 2.1, BB rebooting
    10-03-12 09:15 AM
    Do a software update on your Playbook to OS 2.1
    10-03-12 09:17 AM
    The new Bridge has a glitch. For SMS, it will NOT show the latest text (the whole contact from the latest 1) if it's not sent from you playbook.
    10-03-12 09:19 AM
    BlackBerry Bridge can now use Wi-Fi to transfer bridge data when the
    BlackBerry smartphone and PlayBook are connected to the same Wi-Fi access point.
    hi there. how do you verify that it has been a connection between of the playbook and smartphone through it?
    i tried by switching off bluetooth and seeing if with wifi are connecting (tried to open messages for ex) but nothing happened. it kept asking for switching on the bluetooth.
    is it something that it is still in process procedure?
    thanks
    10-03-12 11:53 AM
    hi there. how do you verify that it has been a connection between of the playbook and smartphone through it?
    i tried by switching off bluetooth and seeing if with wifi are connecting (tried to open messages for ex) but nothing happened. it kept asking for switching on the bluetooth.
    is it something that it is still in process procedure?
    thanks
    From my understanding(someone correct me if I'm wrong here) the bridge still needs to be connected via bluetooth to your device, it just uses the faster wifi connection to transfer data if both devices are on the same network. I don't believe the end user(us) will notice a difference other then a faster bridge connection( I think this is why some people are noticing that bridge apps open faster and populate data faster).
    10-03-12 05:27 PM
    From my understanding(someone correct me if I'm wrong here) the bridge still needs to be connected via bluetooth to your device, it just uses the faster wifi connection to transfer data if both devices are on the same network. I don't believe the end user(us) will notice a difference other then a faster bridge connection( I think this is why some people are noticing that bridge apps open faster and populate data faster).
    You're right... Bridge loads crazy fast on the same wifi network. I guess for the sake of security, they still need to be hooked up via bluetooth.
    10-03-12 07:31 PM
126 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD