I don't have tethering, and before installing the latest bridge version on my torch, I would always get a prompt that my subscription must include tethering, or something like that.

Now I can surf over Bridge with wifi turned off :-D

Hope RIMM doesn't read this and "fix" it in the next version...
    12-26-11 02:30 PM
    One oddity, if I try the "Bridge Browser" I get "unauthorized to accesssitexyz"

Using the normal browser, I can just surf.
    12-26-11 02:32 PM
    Did you download the Bridge App from Appworld on your BB or did you download the non AT&T version from someplace like RROYY - APPLICATIONS ?

If you download the unmodified one from rroyy, it bypasses AT&T's greedy fingers trying to take your money.
    12-26-11 03:25 PM
    Did you download the Bridge App from Appworld on your BB or did you download the non AT&T version from someplace like RROYY - APPLICATIONS ?

If you download the unmodified one from rroyy, it bypasses AT&T's greedy fingers trying to take your money.
    Now wait a sec - we're getting sumthin for nothin by OTA Bridge. And we're using ATT's overloaded network (thx iphone!) to boot. Don't hate on ATT for discouraging a free ride on their network. I cant believe I just defended them...
    12-26-11 03:39 PM
    I downloaded it from app world, not rroyy's site.
    12-26-11 03:46 PM
    I downloaded it from app world, not rroyy's site.
    You need to uninstall it from appworld and dnload it from rroyy on your phone. Trust us, it will stop working for you real soon. ATT will put a clampdown on you real soon. You'll experience no issues with the OTA dnload.
    12-26-11 03:53 PM
    Now wait a sec - we're getting sumthin for nothin by OTA Bridge. And we're using ATT's overloaded network (thx iphone!) to boot. Don't hate on ATT for discouraging a free ride on their network. I cant believe I just defended them...
    Another thought is you are paying for x # of gig worth of data each month. By bridging your PB it is allowing you to use what you have already paid for. If you use more there is going to be a charge. So the way I look at it you already paid for the use of the data.
    12-26-11 03:54 PM
    Another thought is you are paying for x # of gig worth of data each month. By bridging your PB it is allowing you to use what you have already paid for. If you use more there is going to be a charge. So the way I look at it you already paid for the use of the data.
    I COMPLETELY agree. However the PB uses significantly more data than my Torch. Dont get me wrong, I use the OTA bridge whenever I need it. But I dont mack on ATT for attempting to block the free usage on an overloaded network. Did I thank the iphone for that? Yup, I just did.

100th post! Yay for me, now the CB abuser!
    12-26-11 04:01 PM
    Make sure AT&T didn't just start charging you for tethering without your knowledge. Either way, your better off with the OTA bridge. Why push your luck.
    12-26-11 05:24 PM
    Make sure AT&T didn't just start charging you for tethering without your knowledge. Either way, your better off with the OTA bridge. Why push your luck.
    Good point to the OP, be careful. The OTA bridge ensures no problems. Give the bridge sum luv!
    12-26-11 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD