I have spent all morning reading through the forums trying to find a solution and all I'm left with is this overwhelmed feeling. I registered and updated my PB to the current beta. this morning I decided to downgrade using the Debrick method posted all over the forums. Well everything was going fine and then during the installation of the OS I got an error that the OS update failed and to try installing again. Every time I retry the same happens. so I have a PB that will only flash red led and nothing else. I have tried everything I have come across.

12-22-11 12:11 PM
    I have spent all morning reading through the forums trying to find a solution and all I'm left with is this overwhelmed feeling. I registered and updated my PB to the current beta. this morning I decided to downgrade using the Debrick method posted all over the forums. Well everything was going fine and then during the installation of the OS I got an error that the OS update failed and to try installing again. Every time I retry the same happens. so I have a PB that will only flash red led and nothing else. I have tried everything I have come across.

Click to view quoted image

Have you tried to reboot your computer and trying again?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    12-22-11 12:28 PM
    I had the same problem with OS2.0 beta and customer support sent me this website on how to restore my PB to factory specs. It worked fine. Just be sure it has been at least 24 hours from the time you registered as a developer to get the beta. It installs OS 1.07 but then it will update to the latest version of OS 1.08.

How to restore your BlackBerry PlayBook OS to the current version (v1.0.7) if you’ve installed the Developer Beta OS (v2.0) �Inside BlackBerry Help Blog
    Last edited by djnshores; 12-22-11 at 12:29 PM. Reason: spelling errors.
    12-22-11 12:28 PM
    djnshores that is the method I am trying.

Charon I will try rebooting my computer. about the only thing left to try haha
    if not I will try on a different computer too.
    thanks for your input guys.
    12-22-11 12:34 PM
    OK guys it looks as though it was my PC that was the issue I tried on my other PC here at work and it appears to have worked. rebooting as we speak.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-22-11 01:07 PM
    OK guys it looks as though it was my PC that was the issue I tried on my other PC here at work and it appears to have worked. rebooting as we speak.
    Good for you! Is this the place to be or what?!?
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-22-11 03:00 PM
    Glad to hear you don't have a paper weight.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    12-22-11 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD