I keep my PlayBook connected to power and to my TV by micro-HDMI.

Got Kalemsoft Media Streamer.

Using BlackBerry Bridge Remote Control on my Z10.

As a tablet, it has been thrown to the wayside, but as a streaming box - browser or Kalemsoft - it's still damn useful.

Posted via CB10
    rxdude, Carl Estes, FF22 and 2 others like this.
    10-09-13 12:31 PM
    Great ideas!! I am going to have to try this with my PB as well.
    Were can I get the cable I need?
    10-09-13 01:02 PM
    10-09-13 01:06 PM
    $20 in the CrackBerry shop, but any electronics box store should carry micro-HDMI to HDMI cables

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 01:06 PM
    Or this, hehe

Hard to beat $7.99

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 01:07 PM
    Good stuff. I've been meaning to try this. Sitting here listening to Apollo/Pandora through my bb Gateway on my stereo. Got a second pb in my garage for music which I transfer to my hobby car and use on a virgin Mobile hotshot for gps when I'm driving. Still lots of great uses for the PB.
    Carl Estes and jkomo001 like this.
    10-10-13 07:28 AM
    I also use it to stream movies from PB to TV. Make a good stand for the PB that does not place any strain on the Hdmi connector and the Power connection, and you have a streaming "server" controlled from your phone. That and a BB Music Gateway ( I have every CD iI own ripped to WMA Lossless, and a number of movies I rotate through)

The only way to do it.

c
    10-10-13 10:03 AM
    I use mine to stream my iTunes library I put on it with the iSync app, I have a Bose Sound Link and I get about 40+ hours of battery life out of my PB with WiFi turned off. Pretty good use for a solid piece of hardware.
    Carl Estes, FF22 and Cynycl like this.
    10-10-13 10:12 AM
    I keep my PlayBook connected to power and to my TV by micro-HDMI.

Got Kalemsoft Media Streamer.

Using BlackBerry Bridge Remote Control on my Z10.

As a tablet, it has been thrown to the wayside, but as a streaming box - browser or Kalemsoft - it's still damn useful.

Posted via CB10
    Streaming on the playbook hooked to the tv is the reason I bought a Playbook. If only DNLA out was supported it would be perfect.

Can believe folks don't use the HDMI feature. That and flash were the selling points on this tablet for me and I've used it every day for this purpose since I owned my first one.
    10-10-13 04:27 PM
    That's why I always have PB + HDMI cable in my trips.
    Videos, presentations, Internet - all on hotel room's TV screen. BB9700 as remote.
    Easy-G likes this.
    10-12-13 06:50 AM
    Wowza!
    I'm all over this guys! i do something similar with gf's kindle fire HD and our xBox (using SmartGlass), but I'll be giving this a go for sure, just to see what this Kalemsoft's got to offer more than anything else!

I love out-classing her using my PB
    10-12-13 10:48 AM
    yea, kalemsoft media player was the app we had all been waiting for....for a long time
    gave us the ability to finally use dnla servers (ps3 media server, win7 media player, etc) to stream video, music from your pc to the playbook

so dumb that BB announced dnla support but never released the update for it....it should of been standard from day 1
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-12-13 12:08 PM
    definatley something I gona run with!

The cable's on its way, infact tbh I'd like to rock the setup for running Netflix, its gona become the movie maker upstairs then!

I can see what you guys are saying about it, I can't belive I haven't thoutht of it sooner!
    Last edited by Fuzz360; 10-12-13 at 02:33 PM.
    10-12-13 01:45 PM
    Or this, hehe

Hard to beat $7.99

Posted via CB10
    3 bucks is the cheapest

http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=ueezRNoT hdmi&searchType=Global

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 01:56 PM
    definatley something I gona run with!

The cable's on its way, infact tbh I'd like to rock the setup for running Netflix, its gona become the movie maker upstairs then!

I can see what you guys are saying about it, I can't belive I haven't thoutht of it sooner!
    Regarding Netflix, there's always the Flix app. Streams Netflix from your PC to the PlayBook. Haven't tried it in a long time though because I found it laggy. Maybe updates have improved it, I'll have to give it another shot.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 05:11 PM
    I've seen TWO apps for PB now, the movie selector AND the wifi streaming app. All the hardware's here for the setup already, and its a very graceful solution.
    Only problem being my lappy already has a HDMI I/O so I could cut out the middleman there, thanks for pointing it out.

We're still getting the lead however, I can upload media to watch, run kalemsoft and use all the PB functionalities as a bedroom PC on our bedroom TV (30" LED). Elle's Kindle FireHD can stream Netflix directly which also has the micro HDMI, Shame we cant use the Dingleberrys directly instead as the wireless remote would've been cool for that also but we can happily comprise between the two devices.
    Last edited by Fuzz360; 10-13-13 at 01:09 PM.
    10-13-13 06:19 AM