I just got the Bridge Update on my 9930.
    10-02-12 10:24 PM
    Saw that its OFFICIAL!!
    randomkidsrule likes this.
    10-02-12 10:24 PM
    pic or it didn't happen
    10-02-12 10:28 PM
    got the bridge update
    10-02-12 10:28 PM
    Michael Clewley tweet just now: "Goodnight #playbook nation. We'll see you in the morning."

Yesssss!
    I assume he works for RIM. I've just got the bridge update
    10-02-12 10:29 PM
    Man, my App World says the upgrade is available for Bridge, but I don't have the option to upgrade. Patiently waiting...
    10-02-12 10:30 PM
    Looks like maybe I am playing after all. Just updated my bridge app. Could it really be??
    10-02-12 10:32 PM
    Man, my App World says the upgrade is available for Bridge, but I don't have the option to upgrade. Patiently waiting...
    Mine too at first Alt RST to refresh app world and it worked. Rebooting phone now
    10-02-12 10:32 PM
    I assume he works for RIM. I've just got the bridge update
    Yep. He is the PlayBook product manager.
    Ben1232 and randomkidsrule like this.
    10-02-12 10:33 PM
    See attached
    10-02-12 10:34 PM
    Mine too at first Alt RST to refresh app world and it worked. Rebooting phone now
    I did the Alt-RST and the upgrade option showed up, but the button says delete instead of download or upgrade. Did the Alt-RST a second time to no avail. I shall persist!
    10-02-12 10:35 PM
    I can see SMS messages on my playbook now without the Playbook OS upgrade. The new Bridge function is working! However, I can't seem to open the notification on my playbook to view all SMS messages. I guess that will need to wait for the OS update.
    10-02-12 10:37 PM
    I did the Alt-RST and the upgrade option showed up, but the button says delete instead of download or upgrade. Did the Alt-RST a second time to no avail. I shall persist!
    It took me a few goes. I've made sure I am following Michael Clewley now
    bbqkid8 and randomkidsrule like this.
    10-02-12 10:38 PM
    I can see SMS messages on my playbook now without the Playbook OS upgrade. The new Bridge function is working! However, I can't seem to open the notification on my playbook to view all SMS messages. I guess that will need to wait for the OS update.
    Awesome, but can you also reply or send sms on the PlayBook?
    10-02-12 10:39 PM
    I've resorted to a battery pull... If not, I will keep trying the Alt RST method. How am I going to sleep tonight?!
    10-02-12 10:40 PM
    I had that issue as well. I closed and reopened AppWorld and then I had the "Update All" option at the top of the installed app list and went that way and it worked. Hope that shows up for you too.
    10-02-12 10:41 PM
    I can open sms icon and see my sms messages

I've just sent my first bridged text. im on 2.1.0.840 beta
    My guess is not quite yet. As most of us know that the sys file has been present in the 2.1 betas for SMS over bridge, and most have been waiting for the bridge update [now here], I'm guessing that we'll still have to wait for the OS update to official 2.1 unless anyone has successfully been able to do it yet...
    rupam95 and randomkidsrule like this.
    I got the bridge update too! it's the real deal this time!
    10-02-12 10:42 PM
    It doesn't seem to be fully working without the Playbook OS Upgrade. When you get a txt, there is a notification on the playbook, but you can't open some sort of application it needs yet.
    randomkidsrule and rupam95 like this.
    10-02-12 10:42 PM
    I had that issue as well. I closed and reopened AppWorld and then I had the "Update All" option at the top of the installed app list and went that way and it worked. Hope that shows up for you too.
    I hit the "Upgrade All" button too, but then a message box says zero upgrades available... I should just go to bed... Like a little boy on Christmas Eve.
    10-02-12 10:45 PM
    My guess is not quite yet. As most of us know that the sys file has been present in the 2.1 betas for SMS over bridge, and most have been waiting for the bridge update [now here], I'm guessing that we'll still have to wait for the OS update to official 2.1 unless anyone has successfully been able to do it yet...
    I have twice. The second text to myself to make sure it was working.
    10-02-12 10:48 PM
    So instead of trying to sleep, I kept trying App World and lo and behold, it is here! Happy 2.1 everyone!
    10-02-12 10:52 PM
    I hit the "Upgrade All" button too, but then a message box says zero upgrades available... I should just go to bed... Like a little boy on Christmas Eve.
    Unbelievable. Hang in there. I'm sure Santa will get there eventually.
    bbqkid8 and randomkidsrule like this.
    10-02-12 10:57 PM
    I have twice. The second text to myself to make sure it was working.
    How? I've updated bridge, rebooted both devices but don't see the option.
    10-02-12 11:05 PM
229 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD