If the update doesn't come tomorrow, I will still have an awesome tablet that I use every day religiously. When 2.1 does finally come, it will be that much better. My Playbook does everything I want it to and need it to.

Heading to Orlando in the morning for 3 days and no, my laptop will not be coming with me.
    Toodeurep and randomkidsrule like this.
    10-02-12 05:36 PM
    If the update doesn't come tomorrow, I will still have an awesome tablet that I use every day religiously. When 2.1 does finally come, it will be that much better. My Playbook does everything I want it to and need it to.

Heading to Orlando in the morning for 3 days and no, my laptop will not be coming with me.
    I'm with you anymore. What I really want, send to: better file management isn't in it anyway.
    randomkidsrule and BB_Bmore like this.
    10-02-12 05:41 PM
    The only thing I want is a better battery life. I dont really care about Netflix or Skype or anything. Just better battery

Edit: And videos to work on NFL.com
    Last edited by Pragnesh89; 10-02-12 at 05:47 PM.
    randomkidsrule likes this.
    10-02-12 05:45 PM
    Waiting for �UPDATE� Looks like RIM has went ahead and changed the date again..sorry folks,the wait continues. Hopefully "SOON".
    Do you mean a delay from the 3rd October date which is now doing the rumor rounds?
    10-02-12 05:52 PM
    You know like everyone here and on other posts I want an update heck I want 3 or 4 updates but some folks are going a little nuts.
    10-02-12 06:04 PM
    I'm with you anymore. What I really want, send to: better file management isn't in it anyway.
    I'm with both of you I want to go to Orlando..I mean get the update as well.
    10-02-12 06:06 PM
    I'm hoping it's true but I won't have my hopes up. Considering all of the other times it was rumoured to be coming out I'll be surprised if it appears tomorrow.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    10-02-12 06:16 PM
    I'm new I am waiting for my update to finish taken 1 hr 37 mins only halfway through lol. In android world we get updates daily...
    10-02-12 06:17 PM
    ''Is available starting''...

No confirmation yet...this is unhealthy, I've started having 2.1 sugars in my tea and I don't usually have sugar
    djenkins6 and randomkidsrule like this.
    10-02-12 06:21 PM
    i just checked.. no update available (yet)..
    10-02-12 06:26 PM
    I'm new I am waiting for my update to finish taken 1 hr 37 mins only halfway through lol. In android world we get updates daily...
    Android gets app updates almost daily. OS version updates are maybe 4x/year. Lotta custom ROM updates, but that's comparing apples to oranges.
    10-02-12 06:28 PM
    Yay! About time!

Click to view quoted image

BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1 update coming tomorrow? | CrackBerry.com

The update looks to include:

Allows PIM (Messages, Calendar, Contacts) to be viewed in portrait orientation

PIM - Deep Folder Hierarchy. Previously, if a customer had multiple nested folders within email

Allows for WiFi to be used for Bridge between 2 devices if they're on the same WiFi network

BlackBerry Bridge will now support viewing SMS messages on the PlayBook

Print to Go will now work across different networks

Android apps will now be run in separate windows instead of one window for every Android app

Android apps will now have the ability to use the PlayBook camera

A customer will now be able to make in-app payments within Android apps
    Sorry but was does this mean "A customer will now be able to make in-app payments within Android apps"? Thanks
    10-02-12 06:36 PM
    Android gets app updates almost daily. OS version updates are maybe 4x/year. Lotta custom ROM updates, but that's comparing apples to oranges.
    I didn't know android was that bad that it needs daily updates
    10-02-12 06:37 PM
    Don't hope so much..Just wait n see. . Is that true or just Rumour again. Rumour, Rumour and never end Rumour. LOL
    10-02-12 06:38 PM
    When I get a bridge update or when the beta sign up page is down,I will believe.
    10-02-12 06:42 PM
    F2, you know what you just did right?
    I did wonder if the "sarcasm/irony" icon should be used. But then I decided - let them wonder!
    Toodeurep and randomkidsrule like this.
    10-02-12 06:42 PM

Yup. Like .668, it finally will be able to cook that bacon. And with the drought, 2.1 will be as rare as bacon. Oh, wait, that was another rumor.
    10-02-12 06:50 PM
    I'm so over 2.1 at this point. I've had the dev beta since day 1, so the only reason I want 2.1 to release already is so BB10 goes into dev beta on the Playbook. Now that's freakin' awesome!
    randomkidsrule and killa4luv like this.
    10-02-12 06:51 PM
    This is what RIM said a little while back:

"Text Messaging is now supported with BlackBerry Bridge. When Bridged you can read, send and receive text messages on your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.
    When Bridged, and connected to WiFi, the BlackBerry PlayBook automatically sends and receives data over the WiFi network to decrease cellular data usage, and increase performance."
    BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1 change log leaks

This is what the change log says now:

"BlackBerry Bridge will now support viewing SMS messages on the PlayBook"

I do hope it is a complete product and not another "still coming" item.

Tim
    randomkidsrule and louzer like this.
    10-02-12 06:52 PM
    Can I also start a similar thread tomorrow just like that or would i need some proof?
    10-02-12 06:54 PM
    do people in america really use sms that much? in the netherlands we don't since we use bbm, whatsapp and viber a lot.

now bbm (we call it ping) is bridged, i actually want whatsapp to bridge.
    10-02-12 06:58 PM
    do people in america really use sms that much? in the netherlands we don't since we use bbm, whatsapp and viber a lot.

now bbm (we call it ping) is bridged, i actually want whatsapp to bridge.
    In North America iPhones and Android phones are much more prevalent. I only have about 6 friends left on BBM
    10-02-12 07:09 PM
    It means that you can make purchases of items within an android app (like addons for an app).
    10-02-12 07:28 PM
    That is what whatsapp is for. Sms is stupid. but it will still be nice to get the ocassional sms message on my playbook. I have whatsapp on my playbook, the android version. works well, but you cannot have two devices with the same account. I set up a second account and now I have a bunch of group chats with both devices as members of the chat.
    10-02-12 07:30 PM
    This is what RIM said a little while back:

"Text Messaging is now supported with BlackBerry Bridge. When Bridged you can read, send and receive text messages on your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.
    When Bridged, and connected to WiFi, the BlackBerry PlayBook automatically sends and receives data over the WiFi network to decrease cellular data usage, and increase performance."
    BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1 change log leaks

This is what the change log says now:

"BlackBerry Bridge will now support viewing SMS messages on the PlayBook"

I do hope it is a complete product and not another "still coming" item.

Tim
    I think you just found out why it's been in beta since May. They couldn't pull it off I guess. Maybe it will come in 2.2

2.2 Rumored to be coming "SOON!"
    10-02-12 07:48 PM
229 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD