For those of you that use the Playbook browser, I'm sure that you will really appreciate this potential feature for the BB10 Playbook browser.
    Today while using the PB browser, you have to strategically place your finger somewhere on the page and then scroll to not accidentally open a link(Maybe it's just me? idk). Not a big deal but I'm an over exaggerator and I'm a hard critic on my BB products.

Feature: On browser, bezels around screen should operate scrolling function for page. Obviously this would have to be a customized feature for each user. For example, If your scrolling with your right hand thumb, bezel on left side of screen would be dead reason being user is holding PB with left hand. This prevents confusing PB while scrolling a web page. The bottom bezel of course would control the horizontal scroll.

I really want BB and App Developers to take advantage of the bezels on BB10. I see alot of potential on games using this feature as well. Hopefully this idea makes its way to RIM.

I would love feedback on this feature from you PB users. Do you like it? Do you hate it?? What would you do? Thanks PIN: 28ACEC1F
    Herve5 likes this.
    11-30-12 08:21 PM
    This idea has been thrown around quite a bit for quite some time. We wait
    11-30-12 09:55 PM
    Keep in mind...

On the Playbook only about 1/8" (3mm) to 1/4" (6mm) off of the screen is active, the rest is in fact just bezel. Test this by beginning to scroll and then slowly sliding your finger off the screen. as long as you keep contact and do not move beyond the 1/4" limit, you can continue scrolling and have your finger off the screen area. Moving forward, they would need to make a whole new Playbook to make more of the bezel active.
    11-30-12 10:31 PM
    Excellent idea. I'm sure that many of us using android-ported apps also have this reflex of scrolling bottom-left to "undo", even when in a native app: generalizing this gesture would be very welcome IMHO... (or, at least, allowing its user configuration)
    12-01-12 04:04 AM
    Keep in mind...

On the Playbook only about 1/8" (3mm) to 1/4" (6mm) off of the screen is active, the rest is in fact just bezel. Test this by beginning to scroll and then slowly sliding your finger off the screen. as long as you keep contact and do not move beyond the 1/4" limit, you can continue scrolling and have your finger off the screen area. Moving forward, they would need to make a whole new Playbook to make more of the bezel active.
    This
    12-01-12 05:56 AM
    Keep in mind...

I notice this before but I still don't like how you have to put your finger first on the screen and then move to the bezel. Doing two moves doesn't seem like a natural movement at all for scrolling. I think that it conflicts with the "flow" experience. I actually think that the part of the active bezel (1/8") is enough to support this feature on this PB.
    12-01-12 05:02 PM