Hi Everyone,

I bought a shiny new playbook 16GB XD... However I can't update and I keep getting the 2011 Code error... Is RIM messing up with the servers again??

I can't wait to use this thing O_O
    02-18-12 09:56 AM
    awe that sucks, have you tried upgrading via desktop manager?

and yes, they might be playing with the servers in preparation for Tuesdays OS2 release
    02-18-12 11:02 AM
    If it's brand new you may try to install the DM out of the box (do NOT DL the latest version for now).
    1 Shut down your PB by holding the power button until full black screen (about 15 seconds)
    2. Start Desktop Manager on your PC
    3. Plug your PB with the usb cable provided (not a phone or any other usb cable)
    4. DM should state "cannot communicate with the device" and offer a button to "repair/upgrade": click it and follow instructions.

But if servers are down, you may still experience errors ...
    02-18-12 11:16 AM
    There is not much you can do but keep trying. At this very moment, both my PBs have no problems connecting to the update servers. My connections to the servers have been up and down for the past 10 days or so. Sometimes one PB can connect while the other cannot.

Out of the box, the PB is installed with a core version of the OS. During the setup, it will need to connect to the update server to download the latest version. I guess this is the point where you're stuck.

Using the Desktop Software (DM) won't help you. It will download the latest core OS and reset the PB. During the setup, it will again need to connect to the update server to download the latest version.
    02-18-12 11:45 AM
    There is not much you can do but keep trying. At this very moment, both my PBs have no problems connecting to the update servers. My connections to the servers have been up and down for the past 10 days or so. Sometimes one PB can connect while the other cannot.

Out of the box, the PB is installed with a core version of the OS. During the setup, it will need to connect to the update server to download the latest version. I guess this is the point where you're stuck.

Using the Desktop Software (DM) won't help you. It will download the latest core OS and reset the PB. During the setup, it will again need to connect to the update server to download the latest version.
    Almost agree to this.
    But last weeks, I noticed the same "can't connect to server" error while checking for updates with my pb over wifi. Then, I tried the method above, and it worked for the OS DL and then for the additional DL (about 30 Mb). So ... may worse a try ... or wait.
    02-18-12 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD