I know, a few years late. I haven't owned blackberry anything, and minus using the tiny keyboards always found them somewhat interesting. I bought a playbook with a bad battery and replaced it with a brand new one. Now I have the idea of putting it in my car, but I want to leave my radio.

I want to be able to put the Google Play store on this so I can load APK's (I already know about the apk - bar converter). My os is 2.1.0.1917. Is there anyway to install google play on the blackberry or no? I installed the Snap.bar but it says I need OS 10..i cant find a model that works with playbook..halp?Bought a playbook-snap-install.png
    04-09-14 06:46 PM
    No Google play store, and no Snap for PlayBook

You'll have to side load all the android apps you want

I keep my PlayBook in the car, bridged to my BlackBerry phone using maps and side loaded steaming audio apps

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2234 on Bell with Unlimited Data
    04-09-14 06:58 PM
    I take it it's only available with OS 10? Anyway to upgrade the playbook?
    04-09-14 06:58 PM
    Unfortunately BB10 "cannot run" on the playbook due to limitations and Blackberry recently announced that they would no longer be supporting the playbook with updates, etc. Did snap open at all? Even if it did and you somehow downloaded an apk you wouldn't be able to install it.

I recently gave my playbook to a friend of mine who still owns a non-smartphone. With my Z10 I had absolutely no reason for the playbook anymore. She absolutely loves it though. I used the converter to put a few android apps (as .bar's) on it and she can pretty much do anything she wants with it. I hope you find a good use for the playbook. I really enjoyed it when I first got mine.
    04-09-14 07:01 PM
    I am able to use the converter to convert some apks to bar, and they seem to work fine. The newly converted programs don't show up in the app list though..any reason for that?
    04-09-14 07:13 PM
    I am able to use the converter to convert some apks to bar, and they seem to work fine. The newly converted programs don't show up in the app list though..any reason for that?
    IIRC sometimes it takes a reboot for them to show up

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2234 on Bell with Unlimited Data
    04-09-14 07:18 PM
    Strange..ill have to reboot it a few more times and see if that helps. None of the installed apps from the blackberry world are showing up either D:
    04-09-14 07:23 PM