I know BGR thread is closed. Now that article is also on PCMag, with a statement from RIM. What bothers me, is the statement itself.

RIM made a strategic decision to launch BlackBerry 10 devices with a new, LTE-based dual-core chipset architecture. As explained on our earnings call, the broad engineering impact of this decision and certain other factors significantly influenced the anticipated timing for the BlackBerry 10 devices. The anonymous claim suggesting otherwise is inaccurate and uninformed. As RIM has previously explained, and as Mike Lazaridis reiterated on the earnings call, we will not launch BlackBerry 10 devices until we know they are ready and we believe this new chipset architecture is required to deliver the world-class user experience that our customers will expect. Any suggestion to the contrary is simply false. We appreciate the interest in our future platform and we will continue to work hard to deliver that platform as soon as possible. At the same time, we also remain very excited with the success of our recently launched BlackBerry 7 smartphones and we believe these products offer a very compelling choice for both new customers and the almost 75 million BlackBerry users around the world.

Why can't they simply say the article from BGR is false, but put together rather long statement with necessary words mixed in? Do you see what I see from this statement or am I just paranoid?
    12-22-11 04:49 PM
    I know BGR thread is closed. Now that article is also on PCMag, with a statement from RIM. What bothers me, is the statement itself.

RIM made a strategic decision to launch BlackBerry 10 devices with a new, LTE-based dual-core chipset architecture. As explained on our earnings call, the broad engineering impact of this decision and certain other factors significantly influenced the anticipated timing for the BlackBerry 10 devices. The anonymous claim suggesting otherwise is inaccurate and uninformed. As RIM has previously explained, and as Mike Lazaridis reiterated on the earnings call, we will not launch BlackBerry 10 devices until we know they are ready and we believe this new chipset architecture is required to deliver the world-class user experience that our customers will expect. Any suggestion to the contrary is simply false. We appreciate the interest in our future platform and we will continue to work hard to deliver that platform as soon as possible. At the same time, we also remain very excited with the success of our recently launched BlackBerry 7 smartphones and we believe these products offer a very compelling choice for both new customers and the almost 75 million BlackBerry users around the world.

Why can't they simply say the article from BGR is false, but put together rather long statement with necessary words mixed in? Do you see what I see from this statement or am I just paranoid?

Paranoid; and yes, this overabundance or superfluity of words may be necessary for most of us who are not content with a simple yes or no.
    12-22-11 05:00 PM
    It should have read: Yo that BGR jawn is whack.

Seems like a standard corporate statement to me. Good to see they are paying attention.
    12-22-11 05:09 PM
    ....Why can't they simply say the article from BGR is false, but...?
    i guess if they put it "simply", you might have the urge to ask questions or interupt with lines that start with "...but..."

Still you have questions!
    rotorwrench likes this.
    12-22-11 05:27 PM
    It should have read: Yo that BGR jawn is whack.

Seems like a standard corporate statement to me. Good to see they are paying attention.
    hot chocolate just shot out of my nose I laughed so hard
    12-22-11 05:31 PM

Part of the problem is that the BGR item was long on allegation, but short on detail. In some respects, there is some substance to it, because I'm pretty sure we're all in agreement that the LTE chipset thing isn't the only reason for the BB10 delay.RIM could hardly deny that credibly.

But the BGR report also claimed that there are continuing technical problems with PIM functionality on QNX, which is a bald-faced lie.
    12-22-11 05:31 PM

and this thread will probably be closed due to the fact it's posted in the wrong forum!

Tim
    12-22-11 05:32 PM
    The BGR article is accurate, it does not take in insider to see that.
    12-22-11 05:41 PM
    That's not hot chocolate, that's your tap water which is probably sourced from where my boat discharges its bilge contents in Rudee Inlet.
    12-22-11 05:45 PM
    What's interesting is that dual core LTE chipsets are already available for other manufacturers, and their products are shipping or soon to be shipped. One would wonder what's so special about the chipset RIM is waiting for.
    12-22-11 09:30 PM
    It's not about dual core, but power consumption. Apparently existing LTE chips are 45nm technology, while RIM and Apple are waiting for 28nm chips. That's new stuff, so the factories are still working out the kinks, and everyone seems to think it will be summer before they're into production with them.

(Lots of hand-waving and reading between the lines to come up with that, but should be adequate for this crowd. ;-) )
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    12-22-11 10:16 PM
    It's not about dual core, but power consumption. Apparently existing LTE chips are 45nm technology, while RIM and Apple are waiting for 28nm chips. That's new stuff, so the factories are still working out the kinks, and everyone seems to think it will be summer before they're into production with them.

(Lots of hand-waving and reading between the lines to come up with that, but should be adequate for this crowd. ;-) )
    What people don't realize is that BB10 phone doesn't have to be LTE capable. If they decide not to go with LTE on the first BB10 phone, they don't have this issue today, which would be a better business decision for RIM.

What bothers me is the "certain other factors" which is really suspicious. I just don't want to see OS 2.0 release getting delayed further if the "certain other factors" happens to be the software issue people are talking about.
    12-22-11 10:36 PM
    That's not hot chocolate, that's your tap water which is probably sourced from where my boat discharges its bilge contents in Rudee Inlet.
    Rudee Inlet? As in VB?
    12-22-11 10:44 PM
    What people don't realize is that BB10 phone doesn't have to be LTE capable. If they decide not to go with LTE on the first BB10 phone, they don't have this issue today, which would be a better business decision for RIM.
    As the story goes, the carriers have basically told RIM they are not interested in any new BB phones which are not LTE. If that's in any sense true, then your statement is false... they do "have to be LTE capable", if RIM wants to actually sell any.

I have no knowledge of the matter one way or the other... it's all rumour as far as I know.
    12-23-11 12:22 AM

Because this is what was approved by the legal department. You can bet on it!
    wxmancanada likes this.
    12-23-11 03:15 AM
    Hope you did not burn yourself with the hot chocolate.
    12-23-11 03:23 AM
    As the story goes, the carriers have basically told RIM they are not interested in any new BB phones which are not LTE. If that's in any sense true, then your statement is false... they do "have to be LTE capable", if RIM wants to actually sell any.

I have no knowledge of the matter one way or the other... it's all rumour as far as I know.
    Link please. That's not part of RIM's statement I've seen.

As I said on the last earnings call, we are focused on delivering a high quality, fully featured user experience when these products are launched. This means having a well-developed ecosystem of publications and services both in the hardware specifications, industrial design, and application features that will meet the expectations of consumers in the competitive US market. To achieve this goal, we need a highly integrated dual core LTE platform. The processor we selected offers industry-leading power and efficiency, and also allows us to deliver the industrial design that we believe is critical to the success in this market segment. This chipset will not be available until mid-2012, and as a result of this and certain other factors, we now expect our first BlackBerry 10 smartphones to reach markets in the latter part of calendar 2012.

Anyway, this is being discussed on another side of this site..

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ailure-680936/
    12-23-11 08:44 AM
    I'll throw my hat into this ring - find another saying that works for you.

You know those grains of salt you take things with - take some anytime the RIMies open their mouths! Who cares - it will be or not be. It will come or not come. If you were waiting - wait or give it up. They have flubbed and will continue to flub to the end of their days.
    12-23-11 12:18 PM
    Because this is what was approved by the legal department. You can bet on it!
    Unfortunatey, the same legal department who thought it'd be okay to use BBX, and BBM...
    12-23-11 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD