Hi all,

Is there a simple method from copying bookmarks from Firefox or Internet Explorer onto the Playbook whereby I wouldn't have to type, manually, each of the bookmarks? I had hoped that I could export my bookmarks from Firefox as an html and then inport onto the Playbook, but unless I'm being obtuse, I can't figure out how to do this. And with over 500 booksmarks, I really don't want to type them all in.

Thanks for any help or ideas.
    06-26-12 01:53 PM
    I don't think there is a simple method. You can export the bookmarks to a HTML file and then copy that file to the playbook and open it with the Browser. There is no way to import them directly into the browser.

Perhaps one of the third party browsers can do this. I will check an see if either Simple Browser or secure browser can import them.

edit:
    I couldn't find an import feature in either of the third party browsers.
    Last edited by robsteve; 06-26-12 at 02:31 PM.
    06-26-12 02:25 PM
    The easiest way, from Firefox, at least, is, as Robsteve said, to export favorites as an HTML file, then copy the file to your PB (documents?). Then navigate to the file using a file browser, Air Browser will do fine for this, then click on the file and choose open. The file will then open in your browser, with all of your bookmarked links showing. You can then add this to you PB browsers bookmarks for easy access later.
    06-26-12 03:05 PM
    Hi all,

Is there a simple method from copying bookmarks from Firefox or Internet Explorer onto the Playbook whereby I wouldn't have to type, manually, each of the bookmarks? I had hoped that I could export my bookmarks from Firefox as an html and then inport onto the Playbook, but unless I'm being obtuse, I can't figure out how to do this. And with over 500 booksmarks, I really don't want to type them all in.

Thanks for any help or ideas.
    Isn't it refreshing that after all this time you can still learn new things that the pb canNOT do!
    06-26-12 03:08 PM
    Isn't it refreshing that after all this time you can still learn new things that the pb canNOT do!
    Like the fact that you can't sync bookmarks between a Blackberry Phone and a Playbook - just learned that today from @blackberryhelp
    06-26-12 07:31 PM
    Like the fact that you can't sync bookmarks between a Blackberry Phone and a Playbook - just learned that today from @blackberryhelp
    You can still open the links on the PlayBook though (and then bookmark them there).

Good enough for me right now, but yeah, I know...
    06-26-12 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD