Trying to rename my browser bookmarks, either through synced to desktop computer via usb, or using Playbook file manager app, but I can't even display my bookmarks using either.
    I don't understand why, given there is a "Bookmarks" folder which shows up using USB connected Windows Explorer, as well as on file manager.

Can anyone explain?

TIA!!
    05-31-11 11:24 AM
    I'm afraid this just another in RIM's cornacopia of unfinished-features-to-be-activated in some update in the future. I tried out a number of the file managers hoping one of them would see the bookmarks, but they all show the bookmarks folder as empty. It is frustrating to go to the trouble of creating bookmarks, and to have them work very well, only to see them disappear if you reset your system, which is something you can depend on doing, seeing as these are initial builds of a new product.
    05-31-11 12:09 PM
    I even tried placing html and url-link file in that folder - those items do not show up in either Browser. Obviously, the folder is some placeholder that might be used or not! The Books folder is similar - no purpose at the moment.
    05-31-11 12:58 PM
    YUP!
    And, what is the 'print' folder?
    05-31-11 06:10 PM
    I read about an excellent workaround in the forum. place an html document in the follwoing path:

file:///accounts/1000/shared/documents/MyHomePage.html

you can name it anything, not just myhomepage. then put the path as your homepage in the browser and Poof, you have bookmarks. yeah, you have to edit them on your comp. but at least you have 'em and you can sort them in order.
    bkurant likes this.
    05-31-11 06:58 PM
    I read about an excellent workaround in the forum. place an html document in the follwoing path:

file:///accounts/1000/shared/documents/MyHomePage.html

you can name it anything, not just myhomepage. then put the path as your homepage in the browser and Poof, you have bookmarks. yeah, you have to edit them on your comp. but at least you have 'em and you can sort them in order.
    Hey, I resemble that suggestion!

I've actually found that you might actually be able to maybe edit it on the pb.

Bluepad app can edit plain text files. But it appears to not show html files loaded on the PB. But oddly, it appears to be able to find html files on the sd card in the bb phone. So one could edit the "homepage.html" file on the BB and then using one of the file managers, copy/move it to the playbook. Alternately, one could keep a copy of a TXT file on the pb, edit it, save a copy and rename a copy to xxxx.html. I have not played extensively but I've been using the HOMEPAGE.HTML trick now for weeks, including having it load subsidiary xxx.html files by using the file:/// reference as a link in the homepage.html file.
    05-31-11 07:31 PM
    I even tried placing html and url-link file in that folder - those items do not show up in either Browser. Obviously, the folder is some placeholder that might be used or not! The Books folder is similar - no purpose at the moment.
    the 'books' folder is not same at all. in fact, i find it useful for bringing over calibre etc ebooks. i create subfolders on my laptop and they show up nicely with air browser. not a problem.

the problem is that adobe for pb is beyond awful. shameful really, but thats a topic for another thread.

thank you, wms3 - i will try suggestions you've posted.
    06-01-11 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD