Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • BOOK

35 72.92%
  • PAD

2 4.17%
  • BOTH

11 22.92%
    I have just realised that I own a Book and a Pad!

OMG this all finally makes sense to me.

Definitions first! As someone far smarter than me once said and I am not qouting this verbatim but is something like " If you are going to argue you must first define your terms"

So here goes;

Book footprint: 195mm x 130mm approx. 7.6" x 5.1"

Pad footprint: 240mm x 185mm approx 9.5" x 7.3"

So now consider this if all things were equal between the Operating systems ie OS 5 QNX 2.0 and Android were merged into one super OS which size Tablet would you choose to own, The Pad, The Book or Both?

Or put another way If RIM created a PAD SIZE Playbook to go with there regular PB which one would you choose?

My Question is about which size is right for the modern day!

IMO the book is the one to have for modern day seamless mobile computing but the BOOK I have does not do all I want it too hence I have a PAD too!

I believe if RIM can make a BOOK that functions as well or better that the best PAD on the market it will do very well indeed, what are your thoughts please vote and comment.

Thanks,

White 9900
    Last edited by White9900; 03-07-12 at 06:41 PM.
    03-07-12 03:33 PM
    I have just realised that I own a Book and a Pad!

OMG this all finally makes sense to me.

Definitions first! As someone far smarter than me once said and I am not qouting this verbatim but is something like " If you are going to argue you must first define your terms"

So here goes;

Book footprint: 195mm x 130mm approx. 7.6' x 5.1'

Pad footprint: 240mm x 185mm approx 9.5' x 7.3'

So now consider this if all things were equal between the Operating systems ie OS 5 QNX 2.0 and Android were merged into one super OS which size Tablet would you choose to own, The Pad, The Book or Both?

IMO the book is the one to have for modern day seamless mobile computing but the BOOK I have does not do all I want it too hence I have a PAD too!

I believe if RIM can make a BOOK that functions as well or better that the best PAD on the market it will do very well indeed, what are your thoughts please vote and comment.

Thanks,

White 9900

They (RIM) already have; it's called PlayBook 2.0
    Willard814, 13echo4 and madman0141 like this.
    03-07-12 03:42 PM
    no one has ever made this thread before...

Please use the SEARCH FUNCTION because this thread has been done hundreds of times and there is no need for another
    Willard814 and Mystic205 like this.
    03-07-12 03:43 PM
    Who bloody cares.....end of.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-07-12 03:48 PM
    I care!

And I dont see any threads that ask the question I am asking!
    03-07-12 04:07 PM
    It often comes down to size. I actually use real paper note books and pads in both sizes.

Not surprisingly, I also have both.
    03-07-12 04:10 PM
    It often comes down to size. I actually use real paper note books and pads in both sizes.

Not surprisingly, I also have both.
    Its a simple question that seams to be beyond you!
    03-07-12 04:14 PM
    Moderators please delete this post as it has been posted more than ten times. No one cares about Apple products here!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    03-07-12 04:19 PM
    I am not talking about the other fruit I am asking about size!

BOOK size or PAD size I don't care who makes the PAD there are many pads all around a similar size.

Learn to read before replying!
    EricB1968 likes this.
    03-07-12 04:26 PM
    All I would like to know all things being equal what size Tablet do you prefer!
    03-07-12 04:30 PM
    I am not talking about the other fruit I am asking about size!

BOOK size or PAD size I don't care who makes the PAD there are many pads all around a similar size.

Learn to read before replying!
    Learn to SEARCH before you POST

the SIZE debate has been done just as much... including when people made threads saying 'apple 7 inch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' and all that...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...61/index6.html

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...19/index3.html

^^^ made in 2011... so YES they are old, like we said
    Last edited by FSeverino; 03-07-12 at 04:37 PM.
    03-07-12 04:34 PM
    Book footprint: 195mm x 130mm approx. 7.6' x 5.1'

Pad footprint: 240mm x 185mm approx 9.5' x 7.3'
    Seven feet by five feet for the (I assume you mean) PB?

Ten feet by seven feet for the (I assume you mean) iPad?

I knew the iPad was a bit big, but this is ridiculous.
    03-07-12 04:40 PM
    the 10" size of the ipad is a complete deal breaker for me. If I was going to bet something that size I would get a 10" netbook. I have lots of pants pockets, coats, shorts that the playbook with fit in. I have nothing the ipad will fit in, just have to carry it.
    03-07-12 04:41 PM
    the 10" size of the ipad is a complete deal breaker for me. If I was going to bet something that size I would get a 10" netbook. I have lots of pants pockets, coats, shorts that the playbook with fit in. I have nothing the ipad will fit in, just have to carry it.
    Thank you for reading and replying
    03-07-12 04:49 PM
    Ok smart typo corrected!

There is no survey on BOOK SIZE and PAD SIZE!

I am not interested in who makes the PAD lets put it another way if RIM made a PAD SIZE along with their PlayBOOK which one would you choose?
    03-07-12 04:55 PM
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again now....anybody who wants more then 7" is really, really a glutton for punishment.
    03-07-12 04:56 PM
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again now....anybody who wants more then 7" is really, really a glutton for punishment.
    I agree!

But I have noticed lately women are bringing a 10" version out of there handbags far more than they are a 7" version.

Why do you think that is?
    03-07-12 05:10 PM
    Well, you asked the right guy, cause I just happen to have not (well, sorta... I have a 7 inch Acer Iconia and an iPad)

But if all things were equal, same hardware, same OS, same investment in apps? I'd choose both, cause they both have their usages... If I was FORCED to choose however, I'd prob go for the 9,7 inch. The advantage in the bigger screen (esp. for browsing and reading) outweighs the minor difference in portability. I also much prefer the portrait layout...
    03-07-12 05:12 PM
    I agree!

But I have noticed lately women are bringing a 10" version out of there handbags far more than they are a 7" version.

Why do you think that is?
    They're all a couple of eggs short of a dozen eggs.
    03-07-12 05:20 PM
    The ipad is the best because you get to buy a new one every six months. I have been stuck with my PlayBook because I won't spend hundreds of dollars for the new ipad9 or whatever number they are up to now. A professional Device doesn't need to be replaced every six months but to all those who don't like my comment about your apples. It's okay!
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    03-07-12 06:01 PM
    The ipad is the best because you get to buy a new one every six months. I have been stuck with my PlayBook because I won't spend hundreds of dollars for the new ipad9 or whatever number they are up to now. A professional Device doesn't need to be replaced every six months but to all those who don't like my comment about your apples. It's okay!
    It's maddening, isn't it....the thought of knowing you spent several hundred dollars on a tablet, added perhaps another hundred or so dollars for a cover, and before you can say FOMOCO tromps MOPAR , you're barely used new toy is obsolete. To add insult to injury, if you jump on the new model, you find your covers don't fit 'cause they changed the dimensions ever so slightly. I'd be on some seriously heavy psychotropics if I was an Apple fan.

P.S. I am still an honorary member in good standing of the Challenger Auto Club, yes?
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 03-08-12 at 05:38 AM.
    madman0141 likes this.
    03-07-12 06:20 PM
    All I would like to know all things being equal what size Tablet do you prefer!
    When it's time for me to get another tablet, I'll be looking at bigger ones. For now I'm pleasd with 7"
    03-07-12 06:27 PM
    I find 7" fits the dimensions of many of my 5.11 tactical clothing pockets. 10" would be a real tight fit.
    03-07-12 06:32 PM
    The 7" size fits tactically in my tactical Mopar as move in a tactical manner passed tactically friendly US forces.
    That's why I like the size of Playbook over the new ipad8.35569 6G model.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    03-08-12 04:52 AM
    Let me know how you feel about the BB Bold which is release a new one every a year or less, a year, you know , like the iPad.
    Lol. love the insecurity of blind fanboy.
    kennyliu likes this.
    03-08-12 05:51 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD