In looking through folders in playbook:/acconts/1000/shared, I see one called Books. Was that intended to be used by any specific app?

Some of the other folders like photos seems unused too. Are these a good place to store downloaded files?

Another observation - the misc folder contains a folder called android. It repeats some of the folders at the shared level - For example downloads are repeated TWICE so are there 3 times!

Is there an explanation anywhere of the the folder tree and why some folders are repeated several times?

Just curious
    11-01-12 10:39 AM
    There might have been a reason for some of those folders but the use is not apparent. Photos does hold your, well, photos and if you create SUBfolders under it, they act like albums in the Picture app. So create subfolders called Yosemite, GrandmaBirthday, Halloween, etc and they will be picture albums.

The Android copy folders are so that Android apps can find various files. I guess, that they differ in case, in case, some apps are even more persnickety. I think we are lucky that they did not have:

downloads
    Downloads
    DoWnLoads
    DOWNLOADS
    etc

But it definitely can be confusing and it even confuses Windows which will try copying all of those "duplicate" files if you manually backup those various folders. They are NOT really dupes but links that look too real to Windows (mac??).
    11-01-12 11:23 AM
    Photos does hold your, well, photos and if you create SUBfolders under it, they act like albums in the Picture app. So create subfolders called Yosemite, GrandmaBirthday, Halloween, etc and they will be picture albums.
    Well it is a bit confusing

My Photos folder is empty. But I have quite a number of Pictures. I can access those from the Pictures icon on the "desktop" (is that what it is called here?). When I search for those pictures, most are in the Camera folder. some in Downloads. So I tried your suggestion and made a new folder in Photos. Pasted a pic from downloads into it and voila - I have a new folder under Pictures (not Photos ) Kind of unintuitive, but hey, it worked :0

Question - If I want to cut and paste a number, but not all pics from Downloads to a Photos folder, how do I do that without having to do them one by one? I only see the option to select all (triple check mark icon)
    11-01-12 12:29 PM
    Download a file manager app.
    11-01-12 12:37 PM
    Download a file manager app.
    I should have mentioned that my question related to Files & Folders. Is there a way to look at those account folders without an ad on file manager of some type?
    11-01-12 04:20 PM
    The built in filemanager can show those folders but it is not very powerful for copy/move.

Actually, you can LOOK at the various folders using the Browser application.

Enter

file:/// (or even file: )

into the address bar. Navigate around the various links. But the one leading to normally accessible files is

accounts/1000/shared

It just shows stuff and can display TXT, html and jgp files.

edit to fix the concatenation of the colon and parenthesis which caused a smilie after file above
    Last edited by F2; 11-01-12 at 05:49 PM.
    11-01-12 04:39 PM
    Thanks F2 - Tried the browser - didn't know you could do that! Also tried Ghost Commander and it seemed OK. That and F&F should do it! Starting to find my way around this device!
    11-01-12 04:46 PM