Several posters state they are transferring files between Playbook and another Bluetooth device, including their computer, with BT but without Bridging.

Usually a file browser is used, usually Ghost Commander.
    I have tried GC and several others, and seen BT options; but they do not make a BT connection.

Are these posters really talking about PB to computer or othe BT connection without Bridging?

Does it only work with BB phones and PB?

Or is there a set up step I am missing?

I want to use BT bewteen an old cell phone with BT, my PB and my laptop to transfer photo files in the wild.
    08-09-12 06:14 PM
    They may be using wifi between devices. But the normal BT "send/receive using BT" options that exist for many devices are not implemented on the pb. I'm not sure what, for example, Files&Folders uses to move/copy between bbphone and bp.
    08-09-12 09:07 PM
    I use wifi sharing and I set up my computer as a server using IIS on windows. That allows me to transfer files to and fro. But you need a wifi connection.
    08-09-12 09:41 PM
    WiFi file sharing.. LAN Explorer.. or something.. There used to be 'Bridge Files' but it's not there anymore.. Desktop Bridge + Bridge Files would have been great..
    08-10-12 02:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD